Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Going the Distance

Edgy Barrymore romcom has lots of sex, language.

Adult Written byjrn February 18, 2011

Adults only

Explicit sexual content, drug and alcohol use.

Adult Written bywallyk2334 September 17, 2010

great date movie

A good date movie for young adults. I really enjoyed this movie and found it quite hilarious. Some of the situations are very realistic and these are probaby the funniest.
Adult Written byFancyChristine15 January 10, 2011

Pretty good movie for older teens and adults

This was a good movie about a couple who is trying to make the whole long distance relationship last. It was good but I think it was a little long. Kids and young teens shouldn't see it though because there was a lot nudity, sex, and language but over all the movie was pretty good.

Parent of a 4, 6, and 7 year old Written byrchris2000 January 17, 2011

Adult Written bykhan2705 November 13, 2010

below the average rom com.

ok this movie so totally forgettable, seriously it was just ok movie to watch. nice chemistry between the two actors. it had its moments but not much to actually make me call this the best romantic comedy of this year. it had very few but genuine funny scenes, which was nice because most of the other movie was just ok, not much in the story or the screenplay, much of it is very annoying and some times the characters the plot the story the everything that goes in this movie makes me mad. but all in all an ok romantic comedy about a girl and a boy trying to keep their love alive while going back and forth between New York and San Francisco. its about the choice they have to make between their love, romance and their work. decent or should i say below average performances. some scenes most of in the beginning were really sweet and charming to watch, but i will not recommend this movie to most of you people, if you like cheesy little bit predictable romantic comedies then this this movie is for you or otherwise believe me if you don't watch it then you are not missing a good movie this year. nice below average movie with less romance. and the R rated thing with so much of language and drug use was not predicted but doesn't matter much.