Parent reviews for Good Morning, Vietnam

Robin Williams at his scatological finest.

Parent of a 10 and 13-year-old Written byAlanroo April 19, 2020

Great with parental education about issues

This is probably Robin William's best movie. It shows his ultimate talent with lots of improvised lines that make the movie what it is. There are issues in this movie that are good lessons for our kids, but they need to be discussed. These are good learning opportunities if guidance is provided.
Parent Written bykaren s. August 21, 2017

good morning vietnam - movie

Quite an informational film that is also very funny and well-written. Great for teens who have a sense of humor.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 December 7, 2014

How Williams should be remembered

There are countless Robin Williams roles that will go down in history, Dr. Maguire, Genie, Mrs. Doubtfire, etc. But I don't think I'll come across another Williams movie that captured HIS persona so well, mostly because when he found the script he had it tailored to his comic abilities. Will modern audiences understand a lot of the 60s references? Probably not. You don't have to, his dizzying, hilarious comic genius is whip fast and unrelenting, and everything he does is humorous in some way. The film itself is great as well, with a good supporting cast and a healthy mix of drama because, after all, this was a backdrop to a horrific war. Come for Williams, stay for the great music, acting, and a lot of good laughs.