Parent and Kid Reviews on

Green Book Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 20 parent reviews

Sort by:

The review for "Sex, Romance & Nudity" is technically correct but intentionally misleading. "A married couple hugs and kisses. Two people who were engaging in sexual activity are shown after the fact, naked but curled up so that no sensitive body parts are shown." The two people are the main musician and a random guy that were caught having homosexual sex in public at the YMCA showers and were being arrested. "Common Sense" would dictate that this be pointed out, so people can make an informed and rational decision before showing this to their kids, church or school.
4 people found this helpful.

I searched this site to check on bad language. Apparently, common sense media doesn't think that using God's name in vain qualifies as language. There is no sense in all that!

1 person found this helpful.

One of the best movies in years

This is a must see movie. Really tells it the way it was back then. Sadly some of this bias, still exists to this day..... How can a Christian Nation , still be so prejudiced , go to church, & look yourself in the mirror, & expect to not meet black people in heaven? Think about it.... MLR

1 person found this helpful.

good

plan to watch it with 10 and 13yo

An interesting and hilarious adventure between two opposites!

This movie was very fun and interesting to watch. The chemistry between the two main characters were great and the historical message was told very well. I also appreciated the humor in this film.

Excellent movie to teach values

The Green Book is an excellent movie to teach about friendship, compassion, empathy, equality, the importance of education among other values and valuable topics. It opens a door to talk about important topics with kids. I saw it with a boy 10 years old and a girl 9 years old and we had no problem, they know some people curse a lot and they know some people drink and smoke, we have relatives which do it every time we meet even if we don't, so its a topic we've already talked about.

Good little movie but...

This is a good little movie in the Driving Miss Daisy' mould. Good performances from the cast based on a true story and quite entertaining. How on earth it won an Oscar for best picture is completely beyond me and shows the crass awfulness of the Oscar system.