Parent and Kid Reviews on

Based on 27 parent reviews

Sort by:

just like ryan rynolds

Decent movie

Good movie but has some violence and swearing.

GREEN LANTERN

This movie is ok. The green lanterns mask looks kind of ridiculous, and the story is a lot like other movies. The movie does not, in my opinion have that much violence, compared to some other super hero movies like, Captain America. There is some sexy stuff and not much cursing. It is kind of what a lot of movies are like. The evil character looks kind of creepy, and some of the fight scenes are kind of intense. The effects in this movie in my opinion are very good. The last thing I have to say is that i feel like they kind of rushed the story to fit in 1 movie. In conclusion this movie is ok for 10/11.

Wha-- like, what even... *ugh*

There's a reason that Ryan Reynolds naturally refers to this pile of garbage as his worst movie. That being said, I'm going to be blunt: this movie sucks. It is a masterclass in stupidity and a perfect example of studio interference combined with a terrible, terrible, concept. This movie could have been good. This movie should have been good! The director and producers had decades of Green Lantern comics upon which they could base their movie! So much wasted potential... so much. To appease the people who use this website as a reference tool: yeah, sure, okay. This movie is probably fine for 12 year olds. Some creepy imagery. Superhero violence. It's all over the top and dumb. And fine, Ryan Reynolds's character (I can't even remember his name) is a pretty cool guy. Good role models abound, as the Green Lantern people are protectors of the universe, blah, blah, blah. But PLEASE! There are so many good superhero movies out there. Go... shoo... don't watch this movie. Go watch The Avengers or The Dark Knight or Deadpool or Spider-Man or even The Crow for gods sake. Just don't subject yourself to this monstrosity. Ever.

Green Lantern Parent Guide

Violence: Superhero and slapstick violence. That is also a scary moment for a few children. There is also more violence that I am not going to mention. Edgy jokes/suggestive themes: Hal is seen in his underwear when he gets up from bed. Some kids might think that he was making out with the lady next to him. Hal's girlfriend mentions to Hal that she seen him naked before to support her claim about how she knew it was him in his Green Lantern suit. Some kids might think that she was referring to sex, showers together or her watching him while he is naked. Nudity: None really. Hal is seen in his underwear not, without anything on. Rude humor: Hal's girlfriend mentions to Hal that she seen him naked before to support her claim about how she knew it was him in his Green Lantern suit. Sexual content: None. Only the extended version of this movie has sexual content. It is called "EXT: Green Lantern" and it is rated R. "Green Lantern" is better than "EXT: Green Lantern" because it is rated PG-13 and does not have any sexual content. Drinking/drugs/smoking: Not much. Love content: Kissing. Some PG and PG-13 movies may have the same content that is in this movie but, PG-13 is higher than PG.

Interesting Story, But...

My son, eight, at the time of this writing has been wanting to see this film SO badly. My oldest just bought the DVD and I previewed it today. The story is interesting, but the incessant cursing throughout the film is a turn-off. We don't use foul language, ever. And, it's something that I can't condone when trying to raise my kids to appreciate 'real' words when speaking. Also, the Parallax character was pretty scary ... as was the soul sucking. The other villain morphed into something really disturbing too. My son would have had nightmares had we allowed him to watch. Personally, I don't think we ought to casually allow foul language, casual sex or disturbing images to be a part of our kids entertainment. It undermines good character, and wholesome values. The film would have been good without the language and toned-down scare factor.

Fun, but shallow

Yet another fun superhero movie without much depth.

A well done movie

I like this movie, and I think the story line is pretty well done. The reason I say ten-years-old is because otherwise, the creatures may scare (some) younger children.