Kid reviews for Gremlins 2: The New Batch

Campy horror sequel has unrelenting cartoonish violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBBFC on CSM July 12, 2014

BBFC 12

Contains moderate bloody fantasy violence, scary scenes and mild horror.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywackywert April 2, 2016

More comedy than horror

I'm not sure what poor confused soul decided to have the age suggestion higher than the original. This horror comedy truly is MUCH more comedy than horror.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 22, 2013

not as much story, but a great sequel

The first time i watched it, I didn't really like it, I watched it again and liked it better, and the other day I watched it yet again, and i must say; I LOVED it! My point is you should watch it more than once, just to get a real idea of how good it is, and be aware: it does not have the same horror tone as the first one. As a movie four stars, but as a sequel five

Teen, 17 years old Written byDominicboo1 June 6, 2013

Silly Spooky Sequel Succeeds!

Gremlins 2 is a rare sequel that's even better and funnier than the original. The original Gremlins is funny...this is hilarious! However some mutated gremlins particulary Mohawk's transformation into Spider Gremlin are very dark and scary. However most of the new Gremlins are even funnier especially the new Brain Gremlin. (voiced perfectly by Tony Jay) This movie is definetly a good choice for those who like or (in my case love!)the original.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 May 1, 2017

Not as good as the first

This is more violent and bloody than the first, also cheesier, and more unbelievable mutated gremlins

Teen, 15 years old Written byDestructo bot July 15, 2018

Good sequel. Pretty family friendly

The movie was pretty funny and I don't even see how it's a horror movie at all, it's not scary unless you are very little, like 6 or under. Scariness 2/10 for profanity there isn't much just some hells and damns. Profanity 2/10. The violence is mostly comedic but still a little gory 4/10. and for sex there is just mild innuendo 3/10. Overall nothing too bad does NOT deserve a PG-13