Parent reviews for Greyhound

Greyhound Poster Image

This movie is probably one of the best war films I’ve seen. What’s nice about it is it’s realistic but not grotesque. There are torpedos, machine guns, shots fired, cannons, artilleries and explosions. There’s a scene where 3 soldiers are laid to rest in the water. Viewers don’t see the bodies; they are covered. One body gets stuck but eventually is respectfully placed in the water. There is swearing as to be expected in a war movie. This isn’t a Disney feel good, but this isn’t a movie that’s terribly upsetting. It opens up great discussions. For example, someone online noticed that most of the soldiers were white. Why is that? The movie may not be 100% historically accurate, but it opens the door to some good questions. I think this could be shown in schools without too much of a problem. This movie is not rated R; it’s rated PG-13, which I believe is appropriate. The only downside of this movie is it cannot be viewed anywhere but Apple TV. That really sucks for those who don’t have Apple TV.

Good movie and fine for kids

This is a war movie, so soldiers die and ships are destroyed. But nothing grotesque or bloody. It shows how how hard this part of our history was, and why we should keep trying to avoid it in the future. It also shows the determination, sacrifices, and commitment of a navy officer. A role model of sorts...

Exciting glimpse at history

My 16 year old loved it and learned some great stuff about naval warfare in WW2. Tom Hanks is great as to be expected.

Intense war moments is very good!

R: intense war images/experience and a brief strong language

A bit intense but yet the best war movie!

PG: intense war moments and a brief strong language

Action abound with excellent acting from Hanks and his co stars