All parent member reviews for Groundhog Day

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion April 19, 2009

A Moving and Funny Movie...

This is a great movie. It is well-written, well-acted, and very positive and moving. It boasts positive messages about love and redemption, to boot. Sex is really the only issue in the movie (outside of some mild, comic suicide attempts by Murray's character). He seduces women, and manipulates one woman for sex with knowledge from her past. You see them tumbling and kissing passionately on the bed in one scene, but nothing explicit is shown. Also, some men are seen to be drunk.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 February 3, 2011

There's just a few iffy things, but it was awesome!

I just watched this today and it was a pretty funny movie. I really liked it and thought it had a great message. The swearing was kept to a nice minimum, but there were a few sexual things that weren't appropriate for younger audiences. No nudity at all, just lots of making out in two 2-minute scenes, and a reference to the main character "making love like a sea lion" with a woman on the Virgin Islands (ironic, isn't it?). Also, there are a few suicidal scenes that might disturb younger viewers, such as when he drives a car off a cliff (he isn't seen, just the car), jumps off a building (we don't see him hit the ground, but we see his pale face in a morgue), and electrocutes himself (the scene cuts as he grabs the toaster to the hotel's electricity going out in the diner).
Adult Written bygarfield2711 March 12, 2010

Great film, but should've been PG-13.

This film deals a lot with sexual content, and sex before marriage is praised. Other than that, this is an excellant film.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCBeth November 20, 2010

Fun on different levels for kids and adults

very clever and funny; some of the references will go over kids' heads; positive message that it is possible to learn to be a better person and that true happiness comes from that. That kind of message can be super sappy but not with this movie!
Adult Written bykpianist7 September 20, 2014

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byshanghaiang December 23, 2010

Great for tweens and up

I love this movie as an adult and my 11-year-old daughter thought it was funny and taught a good lesson about treating people the way you want to be treated, instead of using them for your own selfish purposes.
Parent Written bydminer October 2, 2010

my 11 yr old loved, and my 9 did too (and was fine with suicide montage)