Kid reviews for Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? Poster Image

Great movie with a good story

This movie was great! There is however some swearing, such as “b*tch”, “id*ot”, “b*stard”, “d*mn”, “h*ll”, “a*s”, the N-word (once) and other racial slurs, such as “negro” and “coloured”. There is also some racism in this movie.

Racially Significant Classic Worth the Watch

Now, I normally don't favor many "old (40s, 50s, 60s)" movies besides Psycho and You Can't Take it With You, but this is a true classic worth the watch that even surprised me with how good it actually is. So far as content, a surprisingly large amount of swearing for a 60s movie, with 6-7 uses of hell, 1 use of ass, 2 uses of bitch, 1 use of bastard, 1 use of screw and 1 use of the "N" word used by a black woman. Other than that, the reason you have to be 10-12+ to see the movie is because of the racial themes in the movie with an interracial marriage and the white girl's parents dealing with the fact that their white daughter is marrying a black man, which was worrisome way back then. 10-12+ for themes and some language.

Outstandingly legendary movie

This and "In the Heat of the Night" (both were nominated for Best Picture in 1967 and featured Poitier) were similar in topic, though I have to say this was slightly better. In a mild manner it explains, even though great things always come at a price and challenge, they are worth it to have what will secure great happiness in one's life. The racial topics were, I'm sure, groundbreaking in its time as well.