All teen and kid member reviews for Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2010

Good

This film is really heart-warming, I was close to tears by the end of it. It has good role models because the dog is very loyal to his owner,but...the sexual stuff and the sadness is a bit too much for younger kids so I say 8+
Kid, 8 years old August 23, 2013

for mature kids like me

very good movie but for kids 7 and older
Teen, 14 years old Written byLaurenCK June 23, 2012

Hachi-Should not be rated G!

This movie was very entertaining, a little slow, but entertaining. There were two scenes of sexual innuendo. It was very, very sad at the end. There was some wine and a 6-pack of beer shown. I think that it should not have been rated G. If your not sure, see the movie first and decide. Happy Viewing!
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2013

Good movie

This is a very good movie it might be alright for older kids but too much for young kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 6, 2013

Emotionally gripping...

The movie is based off a true story, which took place during early 1900s Japan. It's about a man named Hidesaburō Ueno who took in and cared for an Akita dog named Hachiko. The dog was shipped off to a different country, after being crated. Anyway the movie was good because you can actually feel the character's emotions. Overall, this movie was heart warming and I recommend this to all!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystormyMAYNARD November 22, 2012

you should watch it

i loved it and made me cry
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2012

Hachi is the best dog ever!!!!!!!!!

This is the best non animated movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny August 13, 2011

Emotionally-gripping...

The movie is based off a true story, which took place during early 1900s Japan. It's about a man named Hidesaburō Ueno who took in and cared for an Akita dog named Hachiko. The dog would wait each day for the man at the Shibuya Train Station. The movie also centers on a sweet dog named Hachiko, who would wait for his owner, Parker, each and everyday, before and after work. Both the story and the movie have the same storyline overall. Hachi is faithful and loyal to Parker, even after he died, and never gave up on him. Despite his owner's death, Hachi would still continue his daily routine at the train station. The movie was good because you could actually feel the emotions of the characters. The despair and loss in Hachiko when Parker died was immensely touching and the end was tear-jerking. Aside from all that, the musical score was great and peaceful. Anyways, just to conclude, the movie was engaging.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJamesW_kle June 14, 2016

Sad and inspiring

I cried so many times! Its was a sad, true and it could make a grown adult cry. Yes i have read these reviews telling do not let your child watch this, to be honest let your child watch this! It was a great story of how man and dog have an amazingly strong relationship to the point of the dog never wanting to leave his masters side, this leads to a sad ending but, it makes you feel for the dog, the family and pretty much everyone who has loved the deceased master. I have fallen in love with this story and Hachi.. If you are into movies that make you laugh, cry and make u fall in love with the characters and just the movie in general then you should DEFINITELY watch Hachi: A Dog's Tale..
Teen, 15 years old Written byHiddenWolf May 16, 2011
Great role models based off an inspirational story that truly shows the interspecies bond between a man and a dog giving meaning to the very real phrase 'a dog is a mans best friend' :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byChristineJochems August 26, 2016

Amazing

Would highly recommend. Every single slumber party I go to I have to bring this movie. It's so heart warming (may bring on a few tears). LOVE LOVE LOVE
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2016

Really good

It's really interesting fun and cute story about a dog and his owner and I am not gonna be one of the millions of jerks that spoil the movie
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2016

IT SHOULD BE AT LEAST NOMINATED FOR AN OSCAR

Please disregard any bad comments about this movie kids, teens, and parents. This movie was so heartfelt and so caring. I do admit there were a few scenes where it was all sexy and stuff, but thing is, you never actually see or hear the sounds like that. Yes, the ending is sad, and it breaks you down into a water and snot fountain, but the lessons and role models are all around the movie. I believe that this movie is for kids 7 and up. Tip: Have a box of tissues at the ready when watching this movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2016

So sad!

This is amazing and inspiring!THIS MOVIE WILL LEAVE YOU CRYING! It about a dog that loves his owner, each day Hachi and his owner would go to the train stop together. Hachi's owner would get on the train and Hachi would wait for his owner to get back. Then one day, his owner has a heart attack and passes away where the dog never leaves the train station and stays at the train station waiting for his owner.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycchchao November 17, 2015

good

It was a good story. Recommend!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMateon1 May 3, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bydragonheartt01 January 17, 2015

this will show anyone the meaning of loyally

Just got done watching the american version of Hachiko!... What a beautiful movie !... Yes, this movie has a very sad ending.. i had to put a towel over my mouth to muffle out the sound of me bawling my eyes out!!! But... I absolutely loved the movie!! I think everyone should watch this.. At least once.. Twice or even three times!! ;). . with that.. I'm going back in the house to watch it again!!! The dog trainers must be the best in the industry because the dog style the show!!!