Kid reviews for Hairspray

Hairspray Poster Image

The 2007 one is better

I know a lot of that a lot of the ratings got this one confused with the 2007 verion. The 2007 one is the best. It's my favorite movie! But this one just sucked. If you have this a five star rating and talked about John travolta , Zach Efron, or Nikki Blonski that was the 2007 i loved. This on is not good! Please Don't Watch!

Pretty campy

This was a very campy movie.

Hairspray is a great movie

This movie is great, I think kids age 9+ should watch this movie. I love the singing and dancing of this movie. it's very energetic i love how Tracy(Nikki Blonsky) follows her dream of being on the corny collins show and even tho her mom Edna(John Travolta) tells her that "she had a dream of being a laundrest and that she came down from that cloud real fast ", but Tracy still follows her dream and i think that is a awesome message from the movie. No matter who you are or what you want to be, don't let anyone stop you from being that, follow your dreams and just be you!!! :)

Loved it!!!

Okay, so I absolutely adore this movie! It is one of my favorites (although I know some people would not agree with me.) I think that this movie is okay for kids 12+, maybe some 11 year olds. I think it depends on the maturity level. It has some good messages and is very funny. Although there is a little mature content it is brief and most 11 or 12 year olds can handle it.

(Gasp!)

This movie should be rated PG-13. I watched it when I was 11 and I was shocked at the differences in content from this one and the 2007 remake. Parents should read about it more before letting their children watch this

WAY better than the musical version

I noticed a lot of people on this page gave "Hairspray" a really scathing review and called it "inappropriate" and stuff. Heck, Common Sense Media gave it an "iffy" for 13. Are you kidding me?!?!? You obviously don't know John Waters very well. Compared to other John Waters movies, this is EXTREMELY tame. Look up "Pink Flamingos" on the internet if you want to see an inappropriate movie by John Waters. Anyway, I think "Hairspray" is a classic! Every kid should see it. It has a really good message. It is in no way inappropriate for little kids (other than the beatnik scene, but even that isn't so bad). This movie is WAY better than the musical version.

Tut...

Tut tut tut...

Ok for tweens. Good for teens!

There is quite alot of Violence, Penny is put in a Mental Institution for dating a Black man. There is a Riot and Link is left in a Wheelchair. There is also some kissing and Flirting. Not as much Music and Fun as the New Version but a Cute movie that shows you to follow your dreams but do whats right(:

Adult classic, not for children under 16

Some parts were inapproprite. They should of made the movie rated R or atleast PG-13 at the very least, instead of PG.

Good movie!!!!!!

I think PG is a good rating for it. The language to me isn't bad at all and I watched it when I was 9 the time before last(I just watched it the other day again). Tracy is a positive charcter and a good role model for standing up against injustice. Some people need to not rate it so harshly. All in all it IS a good movie. I would recomend it for a 9 or 10 year old.