All teen and kid member reviews for Halloween

Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan May 6, 2011

Amazing movie, perfect for horror movie fans

Halloween is the mother of all slasher films. The suspence will keep you on your toes, and Michael Myers is scary as heck. Of course, it's not for everyone though; there is slight cursing and some female nudity (it's subtle though, not in your face). And being a slasher, there is violence. Although you never really see much, if any blood, so it should be fine for kids over 10, maybe younger if they're pretty mature. Laurie Strode is a good role model, going out of her way to protect the kids (although she does suffer from a few things characters in horror movies usually do, such as turning your back on the killer and not keeping the killer's weapon with you so he can't grab it again. But overall she's a fine role model). Halloween is possibly my favorite movie of all time, and will probably stay that way for a long time. Even if you're not crazy about horror movies, give Halloween a try. You may be surprised.
Teen, 14 years old Written byagneumeyer April 14, 2011

Watch Carefully.

In this film, there are scenes of violence, sex, and drinking that is not appropriate for younger viewers. As a film, it is Groundbreaking, Atmospheric, and Extremely Creepy. It is amazing that this film can age so well, Michael is still scary, Laurie is still fearless, and everyone is still having fun (until they are impaled).
Teen, 16 years old Written byBreakingBadLover July 21, 2016

Fine.

There is a lot of violence in this movie but not a lot of blood. I saw this movie when I was 12 and I really loved it. There was a lot of violence but I was a mature twelve year old who watched The Walking Dead so violence was not a problem. There is one scene where a teen girl is smoking weed but that's really it. There are a few sex scenes but they are not graphic and nothing is really shown. There are some scenes though that have breasts visible. Most of the movie takes place at night though so you can't clearly see the breasts and trust me, I was 12 at the time so I can assure you they were hard to see even while you were really looking. When they are shown though it is in a non-sexual context. There isn't a lot of swearing in this movie. I would let a mature 12 year old watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynuala2404 March 15, 2015

OK

I didn't like this movie. Not because of violence, sex or drug use but because it is not a very good movie. I personally think it is fine to let any child about ten and up watch this movie, as long as -like my 10 year old- they are educated slightly as there are viewings of women's breasts and some language. Violence there is, but not a lot of blood and gore, if this is giving older children nightmares I would be worried. Another review by Common Sense Media which is completely incorrect.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHiphophead123 November 8, 2014

Not As Bad As CSM Says

Halloween is a horror classic. It's one of those movies that is cheesy and dumb but very respected and loved just because of its legacy. This movie will not scare kids over the age of 13. If they're with a friend while watching it, it's not bad at all. The biggest problem with this movie is the nudity at one part. The nudity includes a teenage boy and girl in bed together, and it shows the girl's breasts for a few seconds. It shows her breasts again in the next scene. Then when Michael Myers kills her it shows her breasts. Other than that scene, this movie should be fine for 14 and up. Just make sure if you let your young teenager watch this, they're with a friend and mature. Language is not an issue and there is minimal drinking, drugs and smoking. The violence is not terrible, but definitely not for young kids. Most of this movie will give your kid a laugh, if they're with a friend. Alone, it might scare them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancerchick98 November 11, 2011

great first horror movie!!

this is my first horror movie and i am 13. it didnt show any blood, violence not an issue. sex nothing that hasnt been seen.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2011

Overrated

Not bloody or anything. I turned it off after a an hour in a half because I was bored. Maybe it was bad when it came out, but no all it is is a bad role model in a suspenseful movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 15, 2011

Great for teens

Very little blood and gore. A little mature content but it didn't go over the top. Language suprisingly wasen't very bad. Overall its suspensful and a great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolcat123321 April 15, 2011

great

This movie is the scariest i have ever scene. It is a little inopropiate but it isn't that bad. There is not much blood or gore. No cusing. And Laurie Strode is a great role model for the most part
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 21, 2011

Don't show this to young kids!

I can't say I didn't like the movie, in fact I thought it was very good for a old horror film. But in it theres nudity, violence, two girls are smoking some sort of drug and hiding it from there father, and profanity. We had to fast forward scenes. However it's good for people who love scary movies but not blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshanny24 September 12, 2010

Great Horror Classic

This movie is great! Don't listen to Common Sense! The violence isn't that bad, in fact its so unrealistic that its laughable. And the "character that gets stabbed in the eye with a hanger" is michial myers and he's wearing a mask so you dont see it. The only thing thats not very good is that you see a girls' boobs but its not that bad. overall its a good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabedhuff August 8, 2016

Definitely the best of the Halloween series of movies.

John Carpenter did a great job with camera angles and the suspense is amazing, but it does have lots of nudity and sex, it also has profanity and violence. There is very little blood in the movie though, it is mostly implied. The music is also awesome, it is simple and minimalistic and gives off a very eerie vibe. It shouldn't be watched by kids under 16 though without parental supervision.
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2016

Scary Classic

its a good movie that's scary and suspenseful. The Sex and Nudity to this film is really not bad, and they are very brief. The Violence is the same kind of Violence as a regular old horror movie. The Prohanity is really nothing.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycatsinthecradle February 21, 2016

Great

Amazing horror classic
Teen, 13 years old Written byAsia October 27, 2015

Horror Classic

In my opinion, this movie has some scenes of violence, sex, and drinking, therefore might not appropriate for a younger viewing audience. The movie had mild language, like sh!t. Also during the film there are scenes where breasts are shown, and some sexual references. It has a few mild jump scares but nothing too bad. The movie doesn’t contain a lot of blood and gore, though there was still blood. Overall, it is a pretty good movie, perfect for the Halloween season.
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2015

Great classic but not to scary great for tweens

I love this movie this was one of the first horror movies I've seen it's great for beginners because it's not too scary
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2015

Not That Bad.

This movie is my first ever horror movie, as well as first r movie. There are two very brief sights of breasts, and no blood. My Rating would be PG-13 for Violence, brief nudity, and mild language. (Damn and hell)
Teen, 17 years old Written byVic09pet May 31, 2015

Always gets kids nightmares

Fist Michael is not for kids and way too much murder and blood
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 May 30, 2015

the sex in this movie should fly over young kids heads just know what they can handle other than that.

I was 10 years old when I saw this and it was the first horror film to be rated r and to be honest it's really not that bad to show to a 10+ kid. The story in case you don't know it is about a Teenager named Laurie Strode who gets stalked by a mysterious and unbelievably scary masked killer named Michael Myers on Halloween night while she's babysitting some kids. Myers escaped from a mental institution years after murdering his sister on Halloween night in 1963 for an unknown reason and is being hunted down by his doctor doctor Sam Loomis and he tries to stop him before he can kill too many people. There is hardly any blood in this film and the blood that is shown looks kind of fake considering how this movies budget was under a million dollars. There is one sex scene in this however but you don't see much because they are doing it in a dark room with nothing but a jack o lantern lighting it, plus it flew way over my head when I was 10 so as long as you're kid doesn't think much of it they should be fine with this scene. The last thing I want to mention is that this movie is really scary and it will definitely have you looking out your window after viewing it for the first time, if you watch it at night at least which is what I personally recommend. All in all I disagree with the csm rating and I say that 10+ can see it you just really have to know what they can handle. I also can't wait to watch this this Halloween!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygamreviewer April 7, 2015

Terrifying horror classic.

This movie is very scary and can make you jump a littler more more. It doesn't have much language. Just some uses of s--t. There is some boobs shown. It has a lot of sexuality in it. Not too much blood though. Overall if you trust your kids watching those things, then they're okay. I watched this with my dad when I was 12, and my dad checks these movies out. He's not careless with what I watch, so he thought I could handle this movie. It depends on what your kid can handle.