Kid reviews for Hamlet (2009)

Hamlet (2009) Poster Image

Based on 1 review

The best production I have seen yet!!!

As a young person going through intensive study for Classical Theater, I can, without a doubt, say this is the best production I have seen. David Tennant gives an amazingly precise interpretation of Hamlet's soliloquies. He takes every word and twines it into a unique character, full of wit, depth, and intrigue. With an unbelievable cast all around, Not a single performance falters as the play races towards the finish. I have looked for a truly inspiring production of Hamlet. I have watched Laurence Olivier, Kenneth Branagh, and worst of all, Mel Gibson, among many others. I have never come across a version as perfect as this one. The acting is exceptional, the production lavish and breathtaking, the directing inspired. I cannot praise this performance highly enough!
I was pleasantly surprised by this 2009 remake of Shakespeare's classic. The acting was phenomenal, although the video quality was not as good. But that doesn't matter. What matters is the story. Some may say that Hamlet does not have good messages, but the point of Hamlet is not to teach a message. It is to look into a mirror. Hamlet is not a hero. Claudius is not a villain. These are two men pitted against each other, willing to use any method they can to exterminate their opponent. This is not a pleasant movie, nor an uplifting one. And as I have said many times to my friends and family, Shakespeare is a genius. He understands the human mind and lust for revenge and despair. I recommend this heartily.