All parent member reviews for Hanna

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byjulco May 21, 2011

Not good for anyone, especially teenagers and kids.

This movie was extremely violent, and worse than some movies in that the lives lost were innocent. There was no remorse, no real purpose for all the violence. At the end I was confused because so many lives were lost for no real reason in my opinion. It's all about survival, but does the survival of one justify the killing of dozens of innocent lives? No. Especially when she doesn't hold information that needs to be protected or even holds a high position in government. She's just a teenage girl.
Adult Written byllhess April 20, 2011

I liked the movie but, after seeing it, was shocked to find out it was rated PG13. It is R all the way due to violence. The mercenary in the movie is stabbing (with the pencil I think to the (neck) in one scene...I actually looked away so I don't know for sure), hanging, torturing, etc his victims. My husband and I were both surprised at the rating it was given.
Adult Written byRosie93 November 25, 2012

Not for Kids

Great but surprisingly violent film. Not for children or young teens despite it's low rating.
Parent Written bymaryjayne January 12, 2012

Inappropriate level of violence for its child audience

Good soundtrack, actors and filming nice to look at, thrilling though frequently unbelievable storyline. Mostly enjoyable but certainly not for kids. It's rated 12 in the UK and there's NO WAY I'd want my 12 year old to see it. It's clearly aimed at the younger market and while there wasn't as much gore as you'd usually get in an adult film of this genre, there's so much violence I'm very surpised indeed that it wasn't classified 15. It makes me lose all faith in the classification board! I felt that the fact that most of the violence was perpetrated by a child character made it all the more inappropriate for a 12 year-old child to watch.
Adult Written bypvtplatypus January 3, 2012

Hanna

Hanna is one of the best action flicks of the year. I'm not gonna go into details about the story, just see it. There is some quick scenes of violence, they aren't graphic but definitely too much for a preteen. Just like every PG-13 movie today, there is one use of the F word, as well as a few S words. The sexual content is mostly kept to a minimum. There is a camper shaking, with moaning. A girl makes a remark about this. Overall, any somewhat mature teen can probably see this. Great suspense thriller, highly recommended.
Parent Written byROBERT BOB October 5, 2011

Don't waist your time and mind.

PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS MOVIE, Im 51 and shot it off after 5 min.
Adult Written bykhan2705 June 5, 2011

intense and stylish spy action thriller.

3.5/5 Hanna (Saoirse Ronan) is 16 years old. She is bright, inquisitive, and a devoted daughter. Uniquely, she has the strength, the stamina, and the smarts of a soldier; these come from being raised by her widowed father Erik (Eric Bana), an ex-CIA man, in the wilds of North Finland. Erik has taught Hanna to hunt, put her through extreme self-defense workouts, and home-schooled her with only an encyclopedia and a book of fairy tales. Hanna has been living a life unlike any other teenager; her upbringing and training have been one and the same, all geared to making her the perfect assassin. But out in the world there is unfinished business for Hanna's family, and it is with a combination of pride and apprehension that Erik realizes his daughter can no longer be held back. ok first of all wow, this movie is directed by Joe Wright who directed two of my favorite movies, Pride and Prejudice and Atonement. i love those movies but this one is pretty different from those two. it is a spy thriller, really modern type and very different and stylish type of filmmaking, an artistic suspence thriller. direction is pitch perfect and he knows how to make this kind of movies too, he proves it with those thrilling unique action scenes. liked his direction in this movie. perfectly written, good screenplay that could have been slightly better but still good. story of this revenge and spy-chase and before that the training you might have seen in movies but trust me this one stands out as different and effective movie that you won't even think for a while that its cliched or something, its unique. cinematography is excellent with so much of varying locations that looks stunning and lovely, superb work by them. art direction costumes etc lovely. editing again is perfect. the action fighting scenes are superb and pretty satisfying well done action suquences. Saoirse Ronan outshines in this movie and she may shock you with how well she is in this movie, just pure perfect. this talented teen actress does those physical action sequences so well which is superb, two thumbs up for that. she did a good job as a teenager who has lived a life like no others, trained by her own father in intense physical training to fight and to be a perfect assassin only living in a isolated place and not seeing the actual world but as she finally comes in the actual world how she sees everything is what is interesting to see. Hanna's father played by the wonderful Eric Bana, you won't see much of him as this movie belongs to Hanna or should i say Saoirse Ronan. but still he did a good job. then there is one of my most favorite actress Cate Blanchett who did a nice job playing this evil arrogant villain in this movie. other supporting cast including Olivia Williams, Jason Flemyng, Jessica Barden , Tom Hollander and Jamie Beamish. so perfect casting and nice performances. movie is a wonderful satisfying entertaning enjoyable movie. at provides that high octane entertainment and the stylishness you would love to see. movie has a nice pace, it starts slow but then gets fast. also it had a nice score by the chemical brothers. i liked its many scenes but the one towards the end with Hanna and Marrisa are one to remeber. it is a good fantastic movie to watch and one of the best this year. Highly recommended. awsome.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 17 year old Written bybillydog May 7, 2011

Bourne Identity meets Kill Bill. Stylish but a lot of graphic violence. Difficult to watch a child fighting grown-ups
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bypopcornqueen April 22, 2011

Too violent for younger teens

I liked the movie for myself, but wouldn't consider taking my 13 year old. Just about every scene contained bloody, graphic violence (shooting, stabbing, neckbreaking, you name it) that I don't consider appropriate for that age group. I don't think the PG-13 rating was correctly assigned. Seems like the raters are far more concerned with sex than with violence. The people in front of us brought their 4 year old with them. Get a babysitter or wait until it comes out on disc!
Adult Written byParent Critic April 21, 2011

What was this about?

This movie should definitely be rated R for violence! Maybe we needed a teenager with us to help us figure out what in the world this movie was about other than killing, secrecy and revenge. The plot just left far too many gaps. The opening scenery is spectacular and the scenes in Morocco were fascinating but as parents of nine grown children we wouldn't recommend it to any of them!