All teen and kid member reviews for Happy Feet

Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky March 30, 2010

too much on mating

I thought it focused too much on mating and not enough on the story. A few scenes were a little scary for younger kids but unless they are super sensitive they'll be ok
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 3, 2011
Crude movie... very crude and inappropriate.
Teen, 16 years old Written byunassertive December 23, 2010

The whole story revolves around penguins "mating"

The countless references to "mating" are very inappropriate for children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

fine

cute but a little crude
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2012

Great movie for kids 5 and up

I think that this movie is a keeper for 5 and up. My little sister (age 4) was very startled by the bird scene where some birds try to attack mumble, but my 6 year old brother loved it and he was not scared a bit. A few startling scenes, and emotional parts, but nothing that a 5 year old couldn't handle. yes, some parts of the song lyrics are a little inapropriate, but they are fine for kids who are to young to understand it, the lyrics didn't even cross my little brothers mind (age 6). The movie is great for all ages that are 5 and up, great for adults and kids, a sweet, fun movie that teaches kids that being different is ok. It also sends a positive message about the environment and how humans can choose to destroy and help make our world a better place. This is a movie kids will really enjoy and go on and on about. Kids can learn alot from this movie! :) I hope your child sees it since there are many positive messages in this movie! :)
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011

This movie sucks

I hate this movie, it was nothing but penguins wanting to "do it" the soings were boring and the taps on the step dancing didnt even match properly, stupid movie! and the main penguin always had this baby panguin scruff on him to make him seem like a teen penguin i guess, was sooo stupid, i hate this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 October 5, 2010

Cute animal movie for kids

This is a good movie for kids. However, it wasn't a paticular favorite of mine. It was OK. There is some mild violence in it as well as some flirting, but that's about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Not Bad...

Happy Feet is a pretty fun movie with some very entertaining scenes and endearing characters, but isn't anything great. The ending also was a bit on the corny side, and was a bit too message-heavy. It was a good family film, but I think the Academy Award for Best Animated Film should've gone to Flushed Away or even Cars instead.
Kid, 7 years old May 31, 2010

. Perfect for older kids,

mom did not like it
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2009
i really think the message is great everyone is special in there own way but is a tad sexual but not like ewwwwwwwwwww just yya know also humans are ruining the world yeah in not jking
Teen, 15 years old Written byn.KHAL April 9, 2008

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT!!

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

this movie is great

it is for everyone
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byevildude32 April 9, 2008

Good movie! Now why are the adults being so...umm...negative?

I really like this movie. Mumble is soooo cute and penguins rock! Yes, there is some scary violence. However, it's all nature. Seals eat penguins, but thank goodness Mumble doesn't get eaten. I know there's sexual innuendo but it'll go over kids' heads. The innuendo is mild. Honestly, who cares about racial stereotypes? I don't. And the environmental message? Why are people commenting bad things about that? The message is good: We should stop overfishing and polluting. Cute movie with only a little bit of natural violence! Recommended for ages 7+! Have fun! =3
it was good (good music), but at the end it got a bit lame ( the "The penguins are dancing... We must be taking their fish!" connection didn't work). It was amazingly animated (feathure-texture was phenomenal), and rather funny.

I LOVED this movie ! So cool !

Happy Feet is a very good movie for all ages. It teaches us kids that not everyone is the same.And that we are all diffrent people in some way,and that IS ok. I would suggest this movie for everyone, even adults! Happy Feet is TRULY the Best Movie ever !If I were picking the best movie made this year, Happy Feet would be the best !
Teen, 15 years old Written bycwj April 9, 2008

what are people thinking

I say this movie because everyone said it was great. I was hugely let down. I don't see why people liked this boring, depressing stupid movie.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

Fabulous music and animation!

If you want a really quirky musical animation, you cant go wrong with this. However, some of the heart song's are quite heavy on innuendo... In the opening, when mumble's mother (played by nicole kidman) is looking for a mate and singing, some of the male penguin's songs are quite iffy for young kids, but funny for older ones. I liked the 'Let's talk about eggs' one. xD Obviously, many of the jokes will go over the heads of young kids, but its worth pointing out that this movie isnt entirely fluffy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaya16 July 27, 2016

Cute penguins but way too much music

This movie is what I would consider a musical. I find the Penguins adorable but there is too much singing.