Kid reviews for Harriet

Harriet Poster Image

Harriet

Harriet was realistic to Harriet Tubman’s life at the time of her helping run slaves to freedom. The movie presents Harriet as an independent, brave, faithful, and inspirational person. Harriet has sort of a never give up attitude that makes her stubborn and willing to endanger herself for others. This makes the movie exciting. Overall I think the movie was well done and I enjoyed it.

1 person found this helpful.

Grate

Harriet

This movie shows how brave, encouraging, strong willed,heroic, and has a growth mindset. Also how much emotion was going on in the movie.For me the movie was intense when she was freeing slaves.I also felt sympathetic when and how she was treated so badly as a slave.last i felt anger how she was abused. Thoughts for me when she stood up for herself was she was clear on what she wanted but also a sense of pride. The ending is great and ties up what we know about history today. When harriets owner talks about how slaves are like pigs to me that makes me feel many thing such as anger for his cruelty and also him believing because if skin color means there not equal as someone who is white and there more superior .Also that someone would ever say something so vile and despicable.last i really enjoyed harriet and learning what she went through.

Enjoyable

This movie was very enjoyable to me. It had accurate displays of the history of slavery. Harriet in this movie shows the audience of her brave encouraging personality. It isn't hard to tell what message she is sending, which is that she wants to end slavery and solve equal rights. She had great determination when retrieving slaves from their masters. These scenes were very intense. The ending was very relieving at the end when she had felt accomplished. I learned from this film that racial problems were a lot more serious than other people may of thought.

Really good

I think this movie is a really good movie and it is also very realistic but there is a lot of crying and sadness in it and some shooting, But for the main part it is really good and a movie worth watching. The last thing I have to say is that a lot of the people in the movie are really good role models but there are also some scenes where they curse just because they are made are they hurt people for no reason. But again it is a really good movie and worth your time.

Harriet Review

I think this movie is really good and has a great message. This movie really taught me more about Harriet Tubman and her story. There is some language and racial slurs but I feel that it really shows the importance of the story and gives an accurate perception of Harriet's life and the life of other slaves. Harriet is very brave in the way she always stood up for her rights and wanted to save everyone who needed it. She was always faithful to God and that is one of many things that stood out to me, she would pray when she needed help and always trusted in him. Another thing that really stood out to me was how proud she was to be Harriet Tubman and how she always told people who she is. The best thing I learned from this is that hard work will always pay off and never give up for what you believe in.

Would watch every day

I would say this movie has a lot of encouraging moments but also some violent moments. I think this movie should be 13+ this is a very good movie. I would give this movie 4 stars out of 5. This movie does have some swearing but it is very understand able because this movie takes you back in time all they to 1850s and 1860s. 12- should not watch because of violence and swearing. Overall this movie is very very very good. I would recommend on watching this great movie.

Harriet Review

This movie was great! I had to watch it for a class but ended up really loving it. Harriet is faithful, brave, resilient, and confident. This is a historically realistic movie about Harriet Tubman. There are a few things that may be difficult to watch for younger kids such as a women being beaten to death and other slightly graphic scenes but it depends on the maturity of the kid. In the movie Harriet had pride in herself and made sure not to let people talk down to her. She had faith in God to lead her to safety. There was violence but it was a historically accurate amount. I wish there was more about her life during the Civil War but there is only one scene showing the expedition in 1863 freeing 750 slaves. I really enjoyed the movie but be cautious about maturity levels.

Harriot review

I thought the story was really cool, and how she got all the way to freedom by herself. She is a very strong and confident person. As the story goes on I love it because it has a lot of great parts like how she keeps bringing people to their freedom. At the end of the movie it was very exciting and shows the output of hard work. Hard work will always pay off, and you should always believe in you self. Overall it was a really great movie and I hope other people get the chance to watch it too.

really educational!

Before watching this movie, I had no idea about Harriet Tubman's story. This movie helped me learn more about history, and how Harriet was resilient, faithful, and brave. When she stood up for slave rights and BLM, she showed confidence and perseverance. The ending was fulfilling and definitely has many lessons. The main one that I learned was the hardwork always pays off. Never give up, no matter how hard things are. Overall, there was some bad language and violence, but it was appropriate for the movie. 10/10!!