All teen and kid member reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011
its not as bad as some people say. great movie, and great plot. love all of the movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

I really hope they ACE the final one.

Half-blood prince seemed alot like a romantic comedy...And that isn't what it should be. This year it goes all downhill, some of your most favourite characters will die, and you will be left on that awkward cliff hanger, sulking your head.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2015

I find it the best Potter in the entire series, but a very upsetting death.

This film is technically okay for ages ten and up if it wasn't for a poisoned drink, a curse and a seriously sad death of a key character, killed by a supposing friend. Flashbacks make this story dark and gloomy, but also the perfect recipe of romance and humour. A house is set on fire. Hermionie is upset when Ron continuously makes out with another girl. Super-scary water creatures try to drown Harry while Dumbledore is too stunned on a magic potion to help. Draco turns to the dark side and is hurt and shown very bloody on the bathroom floor by a spell Harry cast. Ron is poisoned and starts foaming in the mouth. Very intense, and deserves a PG-13 rating. Bloody hell, damn it. 11+.
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2014

Sixth in series doesn't disappoint - although some things might not stick to book, not that I've read it

Epicboy21, yet again, and I will say this much about the film: this MUST, this should've been PG-13. I DO NOT KNOW why this is rated PG. Before my reasons, the story: Harry is in his sixth year and the Death Eaters are still out there to hunt him. And Ron and Hermione are still in the mix. First of all, there's a drop of blood dripping from the ceiling. (OK, that's PG, but there's worse.) Second of all, a little bit of realistic violence - the central bully kicks the titular character to the ground, beats him up and stomps on his nose, thus breaking it, and making it bleed. Third of all, fantasy violence nonetheless, a girl is hung up in mid-air and tortured, in pain, plus fourth of all, the most gruesome fantasy violence: zombies being blasted away and a bully having a spell called "Serpensortia!" used on him. This blasts him away, and if that isn't enough to scare you, then the next visual is: blood smothered all over his clothing. His legs, his face, his abdomen, his chest and his arms are absolutely covered in it. Tons of blood. Oh, and people catching on fire. One major death may upset viewers as he is an important character. (I'm not going to reveal here.) Also, there's blasting. And the first thing yelled in the WB logo is that weird girl Bellatrix LeStrange's saying: "I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!" (Come on, I knew you've seen the first five anyway. At least, if you're reading this.) Luckily for you, the sexual content is calmer. The only thing I remember is a kiss. Language probably includes "d*mn" and Ron's saying "bl**dy h*ll". Anyway, it was quite good. Consumerism is also that it's based on a franchise. (But why does that matter?) Thankyou for reading.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheReviewerOfDoom April 26, 2010

Okay movie, extremely overrated

It was a decent movie, all in all. It followed the book (more or less) and has reasonable acting. The scene where Dumbledore and Potter are traversing the lake with the ghouls could be scary for younger children. Also, usually in movies like this, the bad guys eventually become better. Not in this. The antagonists in this movie are cruel, unchangeable, and definitely not poster children for kindness. If your kids want to see an exciting movie with great effects, but you don't want to expose them to something like "Clash of the Titans", this is a good choice.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytwinklestar4884 February 17, 2010
I absolutely loved this movie. Although parents of young children should be warned of the fighting scenes at the end which contain a few "jump moments" and minor blood. it also features a lot of teenage romance, but as i said, if your child is thirteen or older, they should be fine. The alchol use doesn't concern me ecxept for the bit with Hagrid and Slughorn. they seamed very drunk.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 8, 2010

Perfect for Eleven+

harry potter and the half blood prince, the sixth movie out of seven, contains mature content. There is a lot of kissing throughout the whole movie and one particularly scary scene for younger kids near the end (inferi). however, i love this movie! it's great for kids eleven and up. however, there isn't much action, so kids who love adventure may get bored.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2009

Why Wasn't This PG-13?

this was one of the best potter films yet! there is a lot more kissing in this one though. I thought the violence was strong for a PG movie, but its all to do with spells. fantasy stuff. this one was also pretty creepy. a HIGH PG movie. think twice before brining your 7 year old.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2016

nothing like the book

in the whole movie there is only one part that may scare people is when harry and dumbledore are in the cave some really freaky looking people more like skeletons pop out of the water during that part I did jump and was a bit scared. People say you don't see voldermort but you actually do for .1 of a second you just see him pull a funny face but you have to look really closely so it wasn't that bad but to watch it you will have needed to have seen all the movies before it but not for young children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 26, 2011

Surprisingly sad, this dark, but terrific book adaption gives the thrills.

The sixth movie features both funny and dark scenes. Also, the characters are in puberty now, which gives us both hilarious but also sad scenes. There are scary scenes including strange creatures crawling out of the water. A main character dies. Very, very sad. It is okay for children 8 and up, but should be watched with parental guidance.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2011

Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince 101

Harry Potter and the Half-Blooded Prince is an exciting Harry Potter movie! There are some violent scenes, but all-together it is a great movie!
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2010
Best movie yet: comedy, love, action.... everything a movie need to be awesome. I don't agree with the following reveiwer. This movie is not inappropriate unless you're like five. Of course, there are jokes in there that only adults would understand, but it's not like its not a kid friendly movie.... ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. Not that Sinfoniarc adult doesn't have a right to his own opinion, but it's pretty appropriate for kids 5 and up.
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2010
Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2010

Worse than the others.

I found the movie to be boring. It didn't have that effect that you get when you watch the others. One dissapointing part is that I don't see Harry's scar. I just think this movie is drifting off. I hope the next one is better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn October 8, 2009
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2009

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST HP MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there is one parrt where harry touches the water in the cave and inferi(zombies)jumps out so that might scare younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymuffin.WOman July 19, 2009

AMAZING!!! but for a more mature audience

this movie was amazing!!! but could be extremely upsetting for kids under 12. in one part a character has a kind of seizure thing-which in itself is scary- and rises into the air and screams. its really scary. and towards the end creepy skeletal dead creatures emerge from a dark lake, lots of them. and a beloved character pleads for mercy while drinking a substance that seems to be killing him. and at the very end a beloved character is killed by a person he trusted. throughout the movie there is a lot of kissing, all involving teens. but thats not too bad. all in all, its an amazing movie, but could be scary and inappropriate for kids under the age of 12.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2009

Perfect for kids of all ages

There is nothing bad about the movie. it is as good as the others
Teen, 13 years old Written bySparrowleaf July 10, 2016

Jump Scare

One of the darkest films in the series. The jump scare when the skeletal hand grabs Harry in the cave with Dumbledore get me every time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMythical.ly May 19, 2016

Definitely not PG

I'm gonna make this short and simple and list everything parents should be aware of: •Death of a very major character •Lots of kissing, flirting, etc •Drinking (mostly butterbeer, which doesn't contain alcohol, but some alcohol is present at a party) One student even pukes on a teacher, probably from too much to drink. However, only the sound is heard with the student bending over, so it isn't very hard on weak stomachs. •Not much violence until the end, except a major character is poisoned and seen foaming at the mouth and writhing in pain on the floor, a pretty scary sight •Some swearing Positivity! •Going against negative peer pressure •Some great role models in general