Kid reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Terrific but intense mix of love, friendship, fear, sorrow.

Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2015

I find it the best Potter in the entire series, but a very upsetting death.

This film is technically okay for ages ten and up if it wasn't for a poisoned drink, a curse and a seriously sad death of a key character, killed by a supposing friend. Flashbacks make this story dark and gloomy, but also the perfect recipe of romance and humour. A house is set on fire. Hermionie is upset when Ron continuously makes out with another girl. Super-scary water creatures try to drown Harry while Dumbledore is too stunned on a magic potion to help. Draco turns to the dark side and is hurt and shown very bloody on the bathroom floor by a spell Harry cast. Ron is poisoned and starts foaming in the mouth. Very intense, and deserves a PG-13 rating. Bloody hell, damn it. 11+.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 4, 2015

The worst of the series...in my opinion.

Sandie Chen was definitely right--this is no PG movie. Harry fights the school bully, eventually shooting a sword out of his wand which hits his opponent in the chest. Harry is also attacked by Inferi, a zombie-like group of creatures. Snape also murders Dumbledore, and it's brutal.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTbird26 November 7, 2019

6th Harry Potter film takes a dark and sad turn

As the title implies again, this movie is really dark and takes a very sad turn near the end. Without spoilers I want to review this movie as best as I can. The ending is really dark and sad and a semi nice segue into the Deathly Hallows movies. This movie in my opinion should be PG-13 because of the dark and scary elements in the film clearly not for young fans of the films. The movie has its moments where it’s humorous and kind of silly but it’s a dark and bleak tone to the movie that leaves you with dread of what will happen in the movie. The kids are clearly grown up in the movie and not the same upbeat bright kids as they once were. Still great movie so I will give this movie a 88/100
Teen, 15 years old Written byMrenderkid July 17, 2019

Nothing much

Theres really nothing to this movie its just some teenage romance movie disguised as a harry potter movie i only watched it so i knew what was going on in the lego game but this movie is just boring kids can watch it but they wont like it
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrueRatingExposed June 10, 2019

Should Be PG-13 But It's Still An Awesome Movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byRhinoGamerHD May 8, 2019

"don't stop, no matter how much it hurts me"

I love this film but my main problem is how long it is, if it was like 10 or 20 minutes shorter i would probably rate it a 5/5. i see a lot of people saying this film should be PG-13 and not PG, i do agree even though i'm British. 7.9/10 - 4/5 stars

Teen, 15 years old Written byShowman movie13 April 14, 2019

Scary than ALL the rest

Deafing, intense, and powerful.

Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2019

It was like the other movies......Fantastic! But sort of sad.

This movie was good and I enjoyed it, but I think this is for kids 11 and up. Maybe 12 if your easily scared. I didn't think this should be PG, especially with all the romance and drinking. There is a lot of flirting and kissing, and some drinking. There is blood, creepy skeletons that try to drown Harry, and a death of a main character. I didn't cover my eyes, but kids younger than 11 or 12 definitely might.

Kid, 9 years old November 25, 2018
Teen, 16 years old Written bysotoren000 November 2, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 October 22, 2018

A great movie with terryfying monstors, and some rather mature make out scenes.

This is by far the best Harry Potter movie! Near the end there are some frightening sea creatures that try to drown Harry. For a PG movie, there was so much kissing involved (from Lavender and Ron making out on close ups to random couples in the halls) that is should have been given a PG-13. Over all, a great movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytrueratingexposed113 October 13, 2018
This movie took a sudden more awesome but darker leap in the harry potter series i loved this movie it was great but there is a fair amount of violence and should be rated pg-13 for Violence and Mild Suggestive
Content and Disturbing Images way too creepy for anyone below age 10 only mature 10 year olds and above anyone below age 12 not reccommended

Teen, 14 years old Written bySlytherin Queen August 6, 2018

HP #6 has a much darker, suspenseful feel to it, but is still just as exciting for older viewers

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is much more darker and suspenseful than the other five movies. There are a lot of flashbacks to Lord Voldemort's past. A main character dies and there is one scene where a character drinks a potion that tortures him. In the same scene, a bunch of zombie-like corpses attack two main characters and it is quite disturbing for younger viewers. There is also a lot of kissing between Ron and his girlfriend. Looking past the disturbing scenes, Harry Potter is a great film about good conquering evil, bravery and friendship.

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2018

Great movie, but deserves PG-13

I do not understand why this movie wasn't rated PG-13. I think most of the movies do have PG-13 potential, even the first three that are rated PG, but Half Blood Prince definitely deserved a more mature rating than it got. This movie deals with death, romance, and some other difficult, more mature topics that are past PG. You can expect violence here, as from the other Harry Potter movies, as well as as some salty language, but really nothing else because the violence alone is usually what earns the PG-13 rating in these movies. Now, this is definitely a great movie and a wonderful adaptation of the book that lives up to expectations. I wouldn't say it's definitely worth watching.

Teen, 13 years old Written byElla_h05 July 4, 2018

Half blood prince

Amazing totally worth it a little bit scary but as I said worth it you learn the importance of friendship and standing by others although wouldn't recommend it to young people under 10 or 11 or have nightmares

Kid, 11 years old June 24, 2018

PG-13 not PG

I definitely think that either there was a mistake with the ratings or something. PG is NOT an accurate rating for this movie. The is quite a lot of kissing and violence (a loved character dies) but I can't remember any swearing.

Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2018

סרט לא משהו

הארי פוטר ה-6 הוא סרט לא טוב מאוד אך אחלה ויכול לגרום לילדים בגיל 10 להנות

Teen, 13 years old Written byDC21 March 9, 2018
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2017

Worst Harry Potter Movie

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Harry Potter, but this film was disappointing. I was excited to see this because I loved the book but....this installment is just boring in my opinion. The beginning and ending are decent, but the middle just ruins it. You will only understand what's going on if you read the book. Daniel Radcliffe's (who plays Harry) acting just isn't good in this movie. Also, there's not much blood in this movie. At the start Harry has a bloody nose, but that's all. A major character does die though. Overall, this movie is probably a 6/10 in my opinion.

Teen, 17 years old Written byLori R. October 17, 2017