Kid reviews for Hellboy (2004)

Entertaining but scary superhero tale is violent.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLUDEMON September 9, 2020

Awesome but violent movie.

I just wanted to say how great this movie is, but in one scene a character with a surgical addiction lies dead and eyeless in a gory morgue scene. Later, he comes to life. (he has eyes in this scene.) And when in his costume he is not as scary at all.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylbriscoe September 2, 2020

Great but scary action movie!

Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2019

Teen, 14 years old Written byExiled Universe July 28, 2019

AN AMAZING SUPERHERO MOVIE!

There are just some parts where i want to complain but for 2004, i mean this came out before i was even born so if anything i just have to give credit to this movie. I've never seen any of the Hellboy movies yet when i was a kid i always used to see him pop up on fx a lot, but ive always had these movies in the back on my mind yet i never had the urge to watch it and now the time has come to see it so im gonna review it. Its funny how its not a marvel or dc movie but its just there, not part of either of them. I thought some action sequences had good CGI but i definitely was not the best but for 2004 i just cant complain. There wasn't enough of the other heroes and it was like hellboy did all of the actual work. Some jokes were pretty cringey and i feel like this is really meant for kids and it should be rated r. One of the villains is so cool with the swords and blades but when he kills and slices people there isn't one drop of blood. The new one is rated r but damn this should have been too. Theres one part where someone is about to say son of a and then something happens before he can say it. Im not really complaining though and i really like the whole actin and comedy aspect of it. Im not really a fan of movies with all this dark magic and evil undertones, i like my superhero movies like avengers not to do with hell but this one gets a pass and hope the second one is way better, i should have saw this as a kid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviefanatic040 June 24, 2019

Superhero tale is good with some pretty wacky scenes.

I really liked this movie but some of the scenes can get really odd and disturbing. For instance there is a dude with some pretty big and gaping eyeballs. And another bad guy can move his veins around or something, and it looks messed up. If your kids are brave, 9+ but if they aren’t hold off until they are 11 or 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGfan54 November 3, 2018

Action filled to the brim!

Hellboy is a fun film to watch when you are in the mood for a unusual, action filled superhero movie. This film, while an exciting film to watch, Hellboy suffers from very predictable momentd, and a couple of cheesy and unnecessary scenes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBps 20999 October 19, 2018

Ok for ages 11 and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byJeffold77 October 7, 2018

Wowwee!

Great movie.

Kid, 8 years old February 19, 2018

Violence

Great and super fun to see with your family.

Teen, 16 years old Written byYol Grendenhagen August 15, 2016

Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2015

15A

Contains strong violence and infrequent strong horror.

Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2014

The good news? It was very entertaining!

The bad news? Well, I should say that it is a tad too disturbing for some... Parents need to know that this Nazi born mutant has more in him than you think. He is always known to smoke a cigar around places (I don't know where!). He has a BIG revolver that he shoots at monsters and enemies that are human. The language isn't that much of a problem, although there was a lot of it. There is also a scene where he stabs someone with... I forget but what I'm saying is that there is a lot of bad stuff about this movie. The movie by itself is great, but the material they use in the movie is NOT. If you plan on watching it, please don't suggest watching it alone!

Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

not bad

It is a good movie. hellboy has a funny personality kind of like men in black. Hellboy smokes and drinks beer so that is a bit of a issue but overall this movie is a fun sifi.

Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2013

Entertaining, excellent, explosive fun from Guillermo Del Toro.

Awesome, action packed sci-fi has a great story and better special effects. The acting is great and there is a good sense of humor throughout the movie. I can't see why only 64% of audience liked it. It should more like 80%. My mpaa rating PG-13 for sci-fi action violence, frightening images, and brief smoking.

Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

Hellboy Movie Review

With the name "Hellboy" you'd think that the main character is evil. But he was raised to be good. All you really need to worry about is violence and light language. Some deaths are pretty intense so I recommend this movie not for younger kids.

Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2013

GREAT

Really great movie! might scare the pants off some children, if you've watched this movie and you want to watch the 2nd one you probably won't be scared.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 21, 2013

Pulpy good entertainment!

This is one of those movies that I always hear is good, and I'm so glad I finally saw it! Perlman is gritty and hilarious as our scarlet hero, an essentially emotionally soft tough guy in Del Toro's beautifully weird sci-fi extravaganza. The characters were quirky and unique, the HellHounds were some amazing CGI...I can't wait to watch "The Golden Army!" Great preteen Friday night film!

Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 23, 2012

Hellboy Review

Pretty much impossible not to like a little, but it's also hard to like a lot. There's a fantastic film to be made from this material, but now, the burden of making it falls to a sequel. Violence: 2/5 - Guns, explosions, fistfights, frightening images, dark macabre tones. Language: 1/5 - Low profanity. Sex: 0.5/5 - Kisses.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

I would recommend it

Thought this movie looked terrible, but it was actually really good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 8, 2011

Not sure...

I'm not exactly positive what i think about this movie. It's okay I guess...