Parent reviews for Hellraiser

Hellraiser Poster Image

Stylish & Inventive Horror Film - for Adults Only

Adults only for this film. I wouldn't let any under 16's see this film. It really is very scary, not just with the gore and graphic violence; the dark themes are not for children. If I were to have seen this as a child I would have been scarred.

Fun And Gory Movie!

Hellraiser is a wild gory and fun ride of a movie! It’s an absolute classic and any horror fan should watch it! But there is 2 sex scenes and skinned and dismembered bodies. If your child is very mature i would say 13+ but 14+ is fine for most teens

Good slasher flicks

I was this movie my sophomore year of high school. I am really into slasher films especially Clive Barker but there is like 10 gallons of blood. This is one of those movies that makes you think in different situations. It’s really interesting but something your kids shouldn’t watch till they where my age.

My favorite movie

I first saw this film when I was a sophomore in high school. I fell in love with it immediately. Should not be shown to middle schoolers or younger. There is a lot of terrifying stuff and images even though it’s a movie that helps you think. There is a lot of blood, gore, sex, etc but is a classic Clive barker film!

Not for kids but very scary

There is nudity, gore, and sexuality when those add up= not for kids and it is very dark

Great and scary film

Hellraiser is gory, terrifying, and disgusting, but it's a wonderful horror film.

BADASS Horror Flick. If your kid hates gore, 18+. If you let your kid play Mortal Kombat...12+

JESUS!!! This is one of the goriest films ever made...and it's awesome. This movie is horiffic. I became a fan of horror films after seeing Halloween at 12. I saw Hellraiser at 14 after having seen dozens of horror films. I LOVED it, but was still squirming at the violence. There's several sex scenes in this movie, which are all vivid, and some nudity. A breast is shown only for a second or so, a woman's behind is seen, and a fully naked man gets up...yet strangely you don't see his groin or behind. It's weird. There's a scene with drinking, and plenty of jumpscares. Gore, blood, eesh...hooks ripping people's flesh apart, fully on-screen murders with blunt objects, stabbings, blood being sucked out of people...it's a graphic, GRAPHIC film. Actually, what bothered me more was the bugs. UGH!!! There are cockroaches, leeches, and...*gag*...more maggots then you'll ever want to see again. Thankfully, the focus is on the gore, the psychological problems with the character Julia, and the cenobites (a group of demons) It definitely depends on your son/daughter. If your kid is horror loving nut like me, they'll be fine. If they couldn't get through Halloween, hold back on this...for several years.

The Hellraiser's are pretty gory movies .

Ehhhh

Unless you like naked women, people being skinned alive, rape, and torchuring then don’t watch, its gross and theirs no plot, don’t let your kid watch this, it’s not that your saving him from anything inappropriate but your saving him from being bored, all it’s about is torchure

This was just a bad movie, pointless gore and torture

My review