All parent member reviews for Herbie: Fully Loaded

Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

Herbie is back and should have sequels!

I took my 4 year old daughter to see this. I will admit, the outcome of the movie was extremely predictable, but it HAD to be (Herbie couldn't lose the big race!) I didn't like Maggie saying "Oh, my God" when she first had Herbie do his own thing (this phrase really irritates me!) but I could overlook it because the rest of the movie was great. I didn't like Maggie lying to her father, but this gave my daughter and I a lot to discuss. She asked if we could go see it again or buy it when it comes out on DVD. My answer is YES! I hope that there are more Herbie movies that are similar in style!
Adult Written byCaliberIS April 9, 2008

I was surprised

that I - as an adult - found this movie entertaining (not great, just entertaining), but my 5 y.o. loved it.
Adult Written byBeckstar November 1, 2011

no sex or violence! score!

Fun film. Not overally great, but I enjoyed it. I took a 5-6 year old to see it and he loved it. No sex or violence either!
Adult Written bypizza31 May 2, 2010

The person who named their review "Air Pollution" doesn't make any sense at all. What the heck are you talking about? Anyways, this movie's kind of fun and it's okay for five year old. I know, they say oh my God over and over, even though it' rated G.
Parent of a 2, 3, 5, and 9 year old Written bygabeshatesprofanity September 15, 2009

Use of God's name over and over makes it inappropriate for all kids

I was astounded and offended at the recurring use of God's name in vain. It happened at LEAST 10 times and was rated G. I was horrified and should have left the theater. In our home, that is worse than any 4 letter word and I was surprised that I could not feel assured that a G rated movie would not include religious exclamations.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byshawnarene April 12, 2009

Good movie for car enthusiast kids

Better than some overly cheesy kids movies. This one was entertaining and fun.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bygothamstone April 9, 2008

Air Pollution

While returning from a trip, Delta chose to screen this flick on each of the hundreds of tiny screens dotting the cabin in our plane. My 4 year old, who had (fortunately) slept through most of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," woke to find "Herbie" in full throttle. He was transfixed, thank you, Hollywood. But on what? A crass mix. If anyone thinks there was social redeption in the casting of a girl as lead -- wrongo. My boy told me afterward that boys ALWAYS win. When I asked what the movie showed, he said that it was just a story on a movie. This was his second movie. No thank you, movie houses.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

better than expected

My six-year-old daughter liked it a lot and I barely checked my PDA for email during the movie, so it met my entertainment thresshold. Talented cast, a few cute moments, and I wanted to be young enough to date the young lead who played Kevin.
Adult Written byMickeyfan3 April 9, 2008

Herbie - Finally a great movie for kids and parents!!!

My son (8 1/2) and I both finally had a movie to really enjoy! I didn't think the commercialism was a big deal, and as far as Maggie lying to her dad - my son had no problem getting what a disappointment that was to him. It was clear that lying has consequences. The movie was fast paced, no icky love connections for little kids to gross out over, and was humorous. Everything I'd expect from Disney and more.
Adult Written byjs10357 April 9, 2008

Kids's loved it

I took my daughter and her two friends to see this movies. They loved it, even the boy who came loved it, I was worried he may not like it because of Lindsey Lohan being in the movie but I was wrong he really liked it. Lots of race car driving to appeal to all. It got a little boring near the end, it dragged on a bit but over all it was a good movie.
Adult Written bybeanbag April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymeganandcaitlinsmom April 9, 2008

It was okay :) I would wait for Video

Adult Written bySHERI0521 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymaya0264 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bynicman04 April 9, 2008

It was a good movie, i have an 8 and 5 yr old. they absolutely loved it. Good movie to take the whole family to. My husband and I even enjoyed it. There were a few parts that were there for us adults.
Adult Written bylaceysback April 9, 2008

I didnt like it

I didnt care for it it wasnt as I remebered growing up hehe
Adult Written bycyclendogs April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytxpenny April 9, 2008

A super disney movie like the good old days!

This was a good movie. My daughter, who is 6, and I loved this movie! It is just how a disney movie should be. It on the same awesome caliber as Freaky Friday (original)! The cast was great and Herbie was so loveable! This is a must see for fun family entertainment at the movies! Lindsay Lohan did a great job!
Adult Written bymom2kk April 9, 2008

I laughed!

Herbie, Fully Loaded was a great family movie. My 3 and 5 yr olds loved it, as well as my 9 yr old niece. They laughed hysterically at Herbie's antics. The movie was clean, no violence, language or sex. I felt totally comfortable watching the movie with children and I found the movie amusing. The remake captured the spirit of the original Herbie movies, good, clean fun.
Adult Written byniniguy April 9, 2008

Good for kids ages 5 and up

I took my 3 1/2 year old son to see this movie. It did not keep his interest like I had hoped. There was another group with toddlers and it did not keep their interest either, however, my sister and I both enjoyed the film. I thought it was well done and Lindsey Lohan did a great job.