All parent member reviews for Here Comes the Boom

Parent Written byRetired Grandfather October 15, 2012

rabid, face bashing fights

You really have to wonder about folks exposing their kids (and grand-kids) to the rabid, face bashing fights in this movie. I was shocked with the lengthy scenes of gruesome, almost maniacal fighters battering their opponents into complete surrender or unconsciousness. I am saddened to see others list this as fun family fare
Parent of a 18 year old Written byBlues Guy April 2, 2013

A Positive Uplifting Comedy with a Lesson about Faith and Sacrifice

This movie was a pleasant surprise because of how the central character (comedian Kevin James) changes during the film because of his unselfish goal. It subtly exemplifies the David and Goliath theme and the power of prayer. If you can stomach the MMA beatings he takes and last to the end of this film, you will come away inspired.
Parent Written bymadnbaysmom February 24, 2013

Modern Day Rocky for Kids

Hysterical! As picky movie parents (particularly with sexuality)My husband and I absolutely loved this movie. Our girls (10& 13) thought it was one of the best movies they have ever seen. We watched it twice in a row. With the exception of two A** words and one H*** word, the movie is sweet, very funny, and has a great moral! As for the violence, It didn't bother us or our kids, other than feeling for him when he takes a hit. It's a modern day Rocky for kids.
Parent of a 6, 11, and 12 year old Written byferpeirano June 16, 2013

Great family fun !

Great family fun movie. Did not expect it to be so good. Many good messages and role model. Quite a bit of violence from the boxing sport though...
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byBAJH February 20, 2013

Lots of BOOM

Movie has a good story, but lots of ultimate fighting violence.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byc_gal February 10, 2013

Good for Kids and Parents

This was a great movie to watch with my 10 year-old girl. It was tame enough for her, while just interesting enough to watch for me. :-)
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byzmanrox February 10, 2013

not too violent as it seems.

the ending is a little violent. its mma. one "hell" and a couple "@$$", u no what i mean is it for language. the main character teaches u determination and genorosity by literally fighting for the schools music program. ON for little kids as young as 8.
Educator and Parent Written byTeenBoyzDad November 12, 2012

A True Feel-Good Movie

I wept. This movie moved me that much. If being involved in school music meant a lot to you or someone you know, you'll feel it too, I imagine. Here's a teacher who stands up for the kids, puts himself on the line for them, and the kids show their appreciation. A definite feel-good movie, as long as you can handle the fighting
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMom-of-2-sweet-boys October 20, 2012

Best movie I've seen in awhile

I took my 9 year old to this film and we both loved it. Very engaging and entertaining with lots of positive messages about perseverance and helping your friends. The only downside is that some of the martial arts scenes are more violent than I would have liked with very realistic punches. But overall a great film that I highly recommend.
Parent Written byBethKrane October 14, 2012

Great Family Film!

Remind your kids that this is a true story, and that role models can be find anywhere but especially in our teachers. The acting was great. The story was great. The message was positive and inspirational. It shows that determination can lead to positive outcomes. And that people can be changed for the better.