Parent reviews for Hereafter

Hereafter Poster Image

It Was OK

This was a very moving movie. Though it is pretty frightning because it has intese scenes. Also kids might be afraid of the idea of talking to the dead.

Hereafter is in ok movie about loss and tragedy with that being said these type of heavy themes maybe too much for your younger kids and parents you need to know that Hereafter has some mild violence due to the tsunami that destroy many lives there's also some strong language used and some drugs and social drinking used although besides the heavy themes this movie has a little positive message about life after death the role models are first Marie is fearless when faced with incredulity about what she thinks comes after death she sets out to make her case rather than giving in to avoid confrontation second George is somewhat closed off but his attempts at being social are notable and third The bond between Marcus and his brother is admirable and moving.

Too slow.... boring

I agree with Terra100 and Codered785. This movie was slow and boring. I kept waiting for everything to come together, but even the ending was a let down. Don't spend your time on this one.

could have been much better .............................

2.5/5 A supernatural thriller centered on three people -- a blue-collar American, a French journalist and a London school boy -- who are touched by death in different ways. ok i had a lot of sky high expectations from this movie because Clint Eastwood Directed it, an unusual movie from this director, very different one and i think that was the reason this movie was not that good. i am not saying it was bad or below average, its slightly above average but not very good. i am a bit disappointed in this movie it could have been much better but it is what it is what else can i say. a very slow moving psychological supernatural drama, character driven one. it gets kind of tiring to watch. very depressing and somehow empty too. but still i am rating it 3 stars. well the direction was average could have been much better, ofcourse. screenplay stumbles alot badly. had many problems but i am still over rating it with 3 stars. cinematography is brilliant ok seriously i am rating it 2.5. finally. i will say the opening scene is outstanding, wow, the Tsunami scene was outstanding. acting was below average. not much to say so thats it. Avoid this movie. WASTE OF TALENT Mr Eastwood.

Not worth your time.

I thought this movie was slow and boring. Sorry Clint. There is a lot of subtitles in this movie, which wasn't a problem for me, but the issue was that the overall movie went too slow. The story just doesn't move along. And, there are a lot of corny parts. I'm a big believer in the after life, but I got the sense that Clint and the writer got too sentimental with this film.
This movie dragged on and I kept thinking it was going somewhere. Then the credits started rolling. Didn't really get the warm fuzzies from this one. The language wasn't all that bad, but there was a scene w/ Marie in the bathtub that let a little "nip" slip that maybe some people didn't notice, but we did. Wouldn't recommned it to anyone unless you just want to see Matt Damon, as he is a great actor. Otherwise, save your money...it's boring!

I really liked this movie. Heavy subject but nothing that an 11 year old could not handle.