Kid reviews for Hide and Seek

Older teens may enjoy; too creepy for kids.

Kid, 0 years old August 9, 2019

Really scary

This movie is super scary... a lot of violence. It scared the heck out of me, I was scared.

Teen, 17 years old Written byT J May 8, 2018
Teen, 13 years old Written byDagrid March 2, 2018

One of the best!

Amazing movie with an unexpected ending, it is a real nail-biter. Very disturbing in places but overall very good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycara.xx June 26, 2016

soooo good!

This is a great movie with terrifying twists and turns. This movie has a great storyline and Dakota Fanning is amazing!!! But this movie is definitely too frightening for young children and the story line is too complicated for them too understand. But I recommend you watch it, it's my favorite movie.

Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2013

Hide and seek

I am ten years old and i watch hide and seek
by accident but i am not scared and before you watch it watch. The trailer it is A very good storyline
Teen, 13 years old Written byijustlovemovies September 4, 2011

my all time favorite scary movie next to insidious

this is my all time favorite scary movie next to insidious this movie is violent and it is disturbing (spoiler alert) to see how emilys father tries to kill her at the end and how you find out how the father did all of these things. the only really anoying thing is that not a single store has the movie which i am sad about.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieboss August 18, 2011

"Charlie is my best friend..."

For families who love watching scary movies together, the only reason this is R is the graphic violence and mature subject matter. This is not a movie for young children, but for teens in search for a good scare, or for those interested in mental illness or love a good mind game.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhBRiELLEx3 March 31, 2011

perfect teen thriller

I absolutely loved this movie. It was very creepy but amzing! The ending was completely unpredictable! This whole movie wss very great. Definetly okay for teens, not for kids, iffy for 11ish

Teen, 14 years old Written byKittyMae January 23, 2011

Not one for kids, but perfect for teens!

THE STORY:

After her mother's suicide, a young girl (Dakota Fanning) and her father (Robert De Niro) move to a creepy house in the New York countryside. There's a weird cave, creepy neighbours who bring keys around at 3am, and an even creepier imaginary friend called Charlie. You have been warned.

HOW APPROPRIATE?

There are some tense, eerie moments. You see a woman and a cat dead in a bathtub, writing (in blood) on the walls, a 'dead' policeman come back to life, and blood. The ending is a twist in the tale. Before you watch this, you need to know that - although it's not the scariest film - there are some genuinely tense moments that may make you squirm in your seat. It's not one for kids or pre-teens, but teenagers will enjoy this thriller.
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2011

LOVE IT!

Nothing bad nothing okay EVERYTHING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!I love this movie creepy but amazing not for little kids!!
Kid, 7 years old April 27, 2010

for teens mabey

i am seven so i watch it my does not care about that i think if their birve they can watch it but if not mabey for 15

Teen, 13 years old Written bySydIsBored February 26, 2010
I absolutley loved this movie. Personally, I saw nothing wrong with it. It was a pretty creepy, and some images were kind of disturbing ( you do see people dead, that is kind of bloody ) slight language, but over all very appropriate for ages 12.If you are strict about what your kid watches, you may want to watch the movie before they do to decide.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrimen September 22, 2009

This is potentially a scary film to certain people - So do watch first before deciding to show children

I very much enjoyed this film, the ending was not so much to my liking but was clever all the same. I didn't find it very scary, however, there are people I know 15+ who would find this movie scary. If you are going to watch this with a child under 15 - I recommend you watch the film first and decide whether or not your child should watch it, using your own discretion.

Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 June 18, 2009

Who is Charlie?

This is a very good scary movie for pre teens 13 and up. But the movie gets very cofusing at times because of all the twists and turns!
Even at the end of the movie many people will be confused on if the dad was Charlie all along, or if he was possesed by the neighbor Charlie, or that the dad had a mental illness?

Teen, 13 years old Written byloverrr June 14, 2009

Great movie.

should not be put as a horror movie it was like drama, not scary at all. It was a realistic thing that could happen, a diaese that many people have and don't even know it.
but for being rated R?? I dont think it should have been rated R, no languge, a little kissing, a little blood, and deaths.
but i can understand for somone who is scared easily or a young child it would come off as scary.
but overall it was a great movie, and i think even a kid would enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byH12pQueen April 9, 2008

SCARY!!!!

I was so scared!!!! Only watch this if you love horror movies.... so much SUSPENSE!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThorax101 April 9, 2008

PSYCHO logical thriller

This movie was the best flippin' psychological thriller I've ever seen. Great ending! I bought it and put it on my PSP.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybabygirl41512 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bytobymac520 April 9, 2008

Hide and Seek

This is a must-see for anyone from the ages 12-100! The violence is not as bad as anyone would think. But still kinda bloody. One f-word goes through a seen. Many s,d,g-d,and other words are used. It is good.