All parent member reviews for High School Musical 2

Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byaxxiom2000 October 27, 2014

Typical Disney Mindless Production with Stereotyping of Women as Gullible and Vain

Disappointing absence of opportunity to provide a positive role model for boys or girls - instead, Disney continues to portray kids as mindless and void of any interests outside of those championed by "main street" consumerism, and goes further to portray girls in a very chauvinistic manner. If you want your boys to grow up to think of women as objects or "trophies", or if you want your girls to grow up to think of themselves as pawns whose only value is their looks - this movie is for your kids.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bynka August 31, 2014

Couldn't let 12 yr old daughter watch past the first scene

The first scene shows a girl in skimpy shorts riding piggy back on a boy. Then the boy and girl, eyes locked romantically and singing a song, go slowly down a staircase, faces gradually coming closer and closer. I couldn't let my 12 year old daughter watch the movie beyond this part so I don't know how the rest of the movie is. The first scene itself was enough to bring the barriers down on this movie for me. It seems mine is the only review which disapproves this movie for kids less than 15 years of age. So I assume many parents nowadays have more liberal views than I do.
Adult Written byMfi0f May 8, 2015

High Drool Musical Toot

I think that this is a perfect opportunity to see the bratty side of Sharpay Evans. Beeeeecause EVERYTHING JUST HAS TO BE FABULOUS for HER!!!!
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 23, 2013

Best and a great discussion topic (explore, discuss enjoy)

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 28, 2012

high school musical musical 2

Families can talk about how the media typically presents teen life. Do you think people get an inaccurate view of teen life from the media? Why or why not? Tweens: Do you find the characters and scenarios in this movie believable? Why or why not? Were any of the issues the characters faced similar to ones you've experienced? If so, how did you handle them? Families can also discuss how this movie compares to the original. How have the characters changed since the first High School Musical? Which do you like better? Why?
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

not for me, but fine for kids

I think these films are really crappy and show absolutely no lessons or morals. But fine for kids. If you don't mind your child watching cheesy musicals with no morals. Then go for it.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 1, 2011

Better then movie1 and 3.

I think its a great movie! kids like to dance to the music and are enchanted! I watched the movie more than five times!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byLdyGreeen November 7, 2009

Fun for whole family

Our whole family watches this. Our 5 year old sings along and can recite the lines too.
Adult Written byfarrell1 May 9, 2009
Not good sequel to the series. :(
Adult Written byliddle.biddle February 23, 2009

This movie is so boring you get sick.This actors are not that good but it is kid apropriate. Kids 0 and up can watch this movie! boo high school musical 2!!
Adult Written byphillymom77 January 5, 2009

Good Movie!

If this movie is not for young kids then who is it for. I am very strict with what my son watches and I like this movie. There is one kiss in the whole movie and there is no real sexual content because all of the relationships are very innocent. The story line is basic and probably a little boring to the teens. I took my son to see Madagascar because it was a cartoon and regretted it for adult jokes but even though this movie is real kids it has none of that.
Adult Written bydolphinlover9 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byplclemo April 9, 2008
Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008
Adult Written byspongebobrocks22 April 9, 2008

better than #1
Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008
Parent Written bymb1234 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byjrenouard April 9, 2008

Great role model for girls

If my girls emulated Gabriella, I'd be ecstatic. She's smart, nice, strong, doesn't allow herself to get pushed around, knows her own mind and self. The messages in this one are actually better than the first.
Adult Written byRealDeal April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

The only problem of this film should be the biinis in this tons and tons and tons of tiny bikinis espacially sharpay. Other than that fine.