All teen and kid member reviews for High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Teen, 14 years old Written byalexster36 January 1, 2010

Eh.

Real good for young kids but a snoozer for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlbus Severus September 9, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 6, 2010

Too Over-Dramatic

Hey, I'm just glad its over! I think its silly how they make a basketball game look like a life or death situation and they sing so dramaticly... Its just silly. I guess some kids like it, thats ok, but I don't see how it made it to theaturs. The main characters know they're gorgious and just love to show it off. Gabrella is this so sappy, puppy dog face character that only personality is 'flirty and innocent'
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile February 22, 2009

Surprised

I was very surprised when I watched this. I'm not an HSM fan, and I'm really annoyed with all of the merch and stuff everywhere, but curiosity always gets the better of me, and I have to see which of the three is best. And I was surprised to see how good this was. Not, "Oh my goodness, I want to watch it again NOW" good, but bearable, and not bad. The music was enjoyable, and the dances were MUCH better, and even though it's a predictable show, what do you expect? It's Disney. Only thing inappropriate is "gosh" is said a couple times, and Chad says "So I can kick your butt?"
Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri October 27, 2015

Eh.

I think this movie is OK but still it is not appropriate for kids under 12. Because there is Sharpay, Who shows her true mean girl side and there is a song 'i want it all" By Sharpay and Ryan where the main characters (Troy, Gabriella etc) are working for them while they act like snobbish fools (like seriously) There is also some language and sexy stuff. And yes, there is also some insulting things about other cultures for examples 1. When Sharpay is near her Locker, And Tiana or Tiara ( i dont know her name) appears behind her, She turns and says- " What are you? er i mean Who are you? And as She is British, She says " You and your stupid , annoying accent!" 2. When Sharpau (Of course) is talking on the phone, She asks " How's Africa..er I mean India? Seriously, I mean like Wow Sharpay, You made fun of two cultures in one Dialouge! Ok i know nothing is wrong in that, but still, why compare two countries like that? It's like an insult or something... How is India related to Africa? Oh i get it, Because both the countries are poor? Because the people living there are coloured? like seriously.. If you want your kids to insult other cultures and communites like this, You can let them watch it. I was like 8 when i saw this but i was still shocked about this! and my 7 year old sister saw this movie and there was a complaint from the school that she was making fun of other culture children ( British black, Indian). Seriously, dont watch this crap, and if you want to , I would NOT recommend this movie for children below the age of 12.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

the movie was ok

i like the movie it was ok and much better than high school musical 2. i watch the when i was 6 or 7. the was some kissing and holding hands but there was some educational value and i think thats good for 6 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews July 16, 2014

The Catchiest And Most Exciting Of The Bunch- Fine For Tweens

I'll admit, there was a time in my life where I thoroughly enjoyed the very clichéd cheesy Disney Channel film series which I discovered through the constant advertising the TV was doing at the time of this movie's release. I was curious enough for Mum to buy me the first two films so that I can get a better idea of where the third movie was going, but it actually really doesn't matter what order you watch since the stories are so basic, it's easy to jump in even through the middle of the movie and still understand what's going on. Surprisingly for a high school movie, it is specially squeaky clean and doesn't get much racier than puppy love and shirtless guys, after all it is Disney we're talking about here. I usually don't bother with the whole role model/message thing for most of my reviews since it usually gets pretty mixed but I wouldn't let your child follow in Sharpay's footsteps if I were you- she's just your typical catty popular girl. However, if I were to recommend one of the films, it'll be this one. The first one was a sure Grease rip off, but it was still rather cute and fun for a starter chick flick. The second was successful in bringing in the summer mood, but Sharpay just seemed too dominating. But the upgrade from television to cinema in this feature well payed off and it's even harder to not to catch yourself singing loudly to the songs. But it's a series that's best left for the female tween crowd, as the older bunch might not see the magic and prefer going back into their bedrooms. ON: 6+ (10 or 11 might be the breaking point, depending on your child's tolerance.) IFFY: 0-5 (Most of the kids here will only stick around for the musical numbers and just slack off again, as they probably won't get the love stories)
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2013

hms33333333

Predictable dumb threequel.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydiako feiz November 23, 2012

for all the ages

best movie for all the ages
Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2012

High School Musical 3 Senior Year

High School Musical 3 Senior Year has changed its game level from going to television to movie theaters. The movie has over action,lags a lot,and the new characters are just a waste. Overall High School Musical 3 Senior Year Is A Disappointing Movie.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2012

Sweet, but

Really sappy and more mature relashionships. I don't always like that in the past 3 movies, they just break into song at any random moment.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDMfanCassy December 10, 2011

Great ending to a childhood dream!

I still remeber the excitment before and after seeing this terrific movie! I like that is was pretty intence for youngens and almost regular for teens! I'm a teen and I think I just might watch this again tonight! When me, my mom, and my big brother (at the time 14 or 15 years old) saw the movie for the first time, even my big brother said he started crying 3 times!!! And I can't NOT blame him! Some parents these days have there kids watch their favorate movies from when they were a kid, and when I become a parent, I am 100% sure I'll be showing my kids this movie.... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 6, 2011

HSM hits the theaters rather than just the TV. A little more mature, but more annoying than ever before. (OH, BOY!!!! DAT WHYMES, SHAWPAY!!!!!)

My rating: G.
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2011

TOO PREDICTABLE!!!

All HSM movies are so predictable. There's always a scene where: 1)Gabriella gets emotional and sings a "sad" song. 2)Sharpay sings a song that's too prideful. 3)Troy sings a song that makes him look like he's angry. 4)There's a cast song. And 5)There's usually a conflict between 2 or more characters. See, too predictable!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

BEST MOVIE

I love Hsm 3 Its the best out of all of them they are finally graduating Its a great movie filled with singing, dancing, and crushes. I LOVE THIS MOVIE
Teen, 13 years old Written bywildcat1513235 February 28, 2011

keelin

I love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 August 7, 2010

i liked it

this movie is sweet and fine for all kids. zac efron is amazing!!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010
Bad movie. I say High School Musical 1 and High School Musical 3 are tied for the worst.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2010
some kissing and hand holding