Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Anti-Democrat docu has strong political agenda, violence.

Parent Written byActualcommonsense July 24, 2016

Apparently Common Sense doesn't like the facts

Common sense media should be ashamed of their one sided review which includes such biased language it truly is an example of the pot calling the kettle black. Especially the discussion topics suggestions. Are you kidding me? How about topics like: How is it that people can continue to vote for criminal liars? How can people support a party that rejoices in unborn baby genocide? How come textbooks ignore these facts? Why does our education system ignore theses facts?

Adult Written byProfAlda July 22, 2016

Worth seeing just for the history lesson!

Very educational. I left wondering if the movie was fact checked - in a book you could look in the back for his sources, but in a movie you don't have that luxury. I did buy the book and if does have an extensive list of his sources at least 30 pages... I wish I had time to fact check, if would be interesting reading! I trust D'sousa - I have read several of his books - and I am sure he would not put out inaccurate information, but this movie was a little shocking! I could hardly believe it! Here is a tiny SAMPLE of his bibligraphy - in case critics say he was vague and his facts are unsubstanciated! ....... Cited by David Brock, The Seduction of Hillary Rodham (New York: Free Press, 1996), 24. 5. Hamilton Jordan, “The First Grifters,” Wall Street Journal, February 20, 2001. 6. James Grimaldi and Rebecca Ballhaus, “Hillary Clinton’s Complex Corporate Ties,” Wall Street Journal, February 19, 2015. 7. Sophie Tatum, “Elizabeth Warren: Donald Trump ‘Built His Campaign on Racism,’” CNN, May 4, 2016; Robert Reich, “Trump: The American Fascist,” billmoyers.com, March 11, 2016. 8. Paul Bedard, “DNC Raises Confederate Flag, Civil War, to Slam Trump,” Washington Examiner, February 20, 2016. 9. Walter Russell Mead, “Andrew Jackson, Revenant,” American Interest, January 17, 2016. 10. Abraham Lincoln, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861, abrahamlincolnonline.org. 11. David Catron, “Republicans and Women’s Rights,” American Spectator, April 30, 2012, 12. Jo Freeman, “How ‘Sex’ Got Into Title VII,” first published in Law and Inequality, Vol. 9, No. 2, March 1991, uic.edu. 13. See e.g. Matthew Yglesias, “Wrong or Race?,” Atlantic, December 24, 2007. 14. Eugene Rivers, “On the Responsibility of Intellectuals in the Age of Crack,” Boston Review, February 1, 1992. 15. Michael Omi and Howard Winant, Racial Formation in the United States (New York: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1986), 262. 16. Steve Guest, “Bill Clinton’s Alleged Former Mistress: ‘Hillary Is A Lesbian,’” Daily Caller, February 16, 2016; Gennifer Flowers, Passion and Betrayal (Del Mar, CA: Emery Dalton, 1995), 41–42. 17. Maureen Callahan, “Bill’s Libido Threatens to Derail Hillary—Again,” New York Post, February 14, 2015. 18. Brock, The Seduction of Hillary Rodham, 291. 19........

Adult Written byKaren H. July 29, 2016

An Eye Opener

I think Dinesh's film should be mandatory from the age of 12 and up. Especially Africian Americans.

Parent Written byGraceJ 1 July 23, 2016

Informative, thought provoking, and inspirational!

This movie does contain some violent images as well as scenes where there is implied sex. (The exact scene is one of a fully clothed plantation owner and a slave who is also fully clothes. She walks in the room and drops her shawl while still fully clothed and climbs into bed. The camera then pans away.) However, most of the scenes that have content which would be disturbing to younger children are used to convey actual historical events. Because of this, I believe it is appropriate for older children who will benefit from gaining a deeper insight into historical events. Yes there are opinions expressed in this political documentary, however I challenge you to fact check it. It accurately contradicts many of the misconceptions we have regarding the history of the Democratic party. It also exposes the corruption of the Clintons. I highly recommend it!

Adult Written byCharles.Baines July 22, 2016

Incredible look at a lost history

This is an opportunity to reclaim a true piece of American history. We have been told that the narrative goes one way and this film represents an opportunity to teach your family the truth and to break the strangle hold that schools and the media have over our families and children.

Adult Written byAmy L. July 30, 2016

Common Sense is Liberal Democrat

Common Sense is obviously liberally biased just like mainstream media. Very disappointing Common Sense.... very poor review.

Adult Written byHappyarmywife July 25, 2016

Eye-opener

I just came out of the theater with tears in my eyes after watching Hillary's America. I don't want to ruin it for you, but the very patriotic ending and the realization of what will happen if Hillary wins got me. I live on the Southern border of Texas where Hispanics dominate the area. The theater was full. There was a feeling unknown to me in the theater- that of people who with a smile on their face had and agreement of sentiments. The audience erupted in applause 3 times. I was so emotional to see people come together because of such a powerful film. It is well worth your time, money, and your future!
Adult Written byjanetbabyart July 24, 2016

Accurate history~Great movie!

Every American over the age of 14 should watch this documentary prior to the election. It documents the destructive nature and intent of the Democratic party that is actually anti-American, anti-freedom and anti-God. Learn true history by watching this important and well produced film!
Adult Written byKarl B. January 9, 2018

Utter rubbish

This is clearly just Far-right Propaganda, I am shocked that so many people believed it how on earth did liberals start the KKK (Trump supports them by the way) the Democrats were initially right-wing but later moved to the center in the late 19th century,

Parent of a 14 year old Written byPixeljim July 24, 2016

Excellent inside view of political party historty

Great depth into cause and affect of political ambitions manipulating populations to secure votes and ultimate power. Political history, corruption with little or no regard for citizens, thus the incredible public debt TRILLIONS, nobody even

Adult Written byGlenda R. November 22, 2016

ALERT: CommonSense Media has exposed itself with their review of this movie

I'm the Mom of 4 youngish children, and it is very important to get my information from reliable and trustworthy sources. The review of this movie makes it VERY CLEAR to all users of this website that CommonSense Media has a specific viewpoint and agenda. This calls into question the credibility of CSM as a source of accurate, reliable, and trustworthy information. These are important to me as a parent when I seek out information about the content my children will be exposed to in a variety of media. Because of this, I will be looking to other sources for movie reviews in the future. Rather than give an honest, unbiased, straightforward review of a film that conveys a premise or viewpoint with which they disagree - CommonSense Media has used their influential platform here to do EXACTLY what they claim to despise, and accuse Dinesh D'Souza of doing: using a platform or position of influence to "PERSUADE". Soapbox Sidenote: Doesn't EVERY movie do that in some way or another? Especially most documentaries. Of course, they will all CLAIM to "inform" the viewer; but we should know by now that all movies (and in fact, all sources of media - whether film, TV, or print - even a single photographic image) all have the power to persuade and convince. Hence why halftime ads and big city billboards are so outrageously expensive! A Warning to Parents: The influence film can have on its viewers is a great example of the source of the problems within our American culture: We parents have allowed the Hollywood film, TV, music, and gaming industries to have FAR too much influence on our children. [Related to that, we have also recently allowed our education system to fall into the hands of the Feds, quietly passed without many even knowing what was happening, in 2010. The result was a loss of influence on curriculum by local school boards and hence, parents, in most states.] If we don't wake up to these facts and do something differently, we WILL witness the downfall of this great nation. Some may laugh and say "We're doing just fine." Study up on Rome's fall, people. Everyone at that time, living the lap of luxury in a powerful empire, also thought things would always be "just fine", too. Be especially leery of a company that fails to mention in a review of this film, Hillary's America, this one important fact and a significant part of the movie: the REASON that Dinesh D'Souza was forced to serve the time in jail that he did: He donated more money than he was allowed to, to a friend's political campaign. The fact that he was thrown into prison for such an insignificant "crime", should give us ALL reason for concern - and a reason to watch this excellent movie. I guarantee you will learn something! I watched it a 2nd time at home (DVD), just so I could take notes and research the facts presented, for myself. I encourage you to do your OWN homework, and find these things out for yourself. Please don't just trust online reviews [of anything!] The good thing, for me, is that now I KNOW I cannot trust that reviews presented by CommonSenseMedia.org will be unbiased. Thank you, CSM, for revealing yourselves!
Adult Written byKim H. July 29, 2016

Must See

Hillarys America was so well done! This movie is a crash course in American history. It is not a liberal bashing movie, however sometimes the truth hurts!

Adult Written byDavid B. November 24, 2016

CSM is wrong on this one

This is a great documentary and is based on factual evidence. It is not simply a scheme to make Hillary lose the election of 2016. Watch it and then decide.

Adult Written byErich K. August 17, 2016

Finally, factual history that is entertaining

D'Souza does it again. He bring factual history to light which many in the establishment have tried to sweep under the rug for years. Not one fact posed in this book/film can be discredited because its all true.
Parent of a 16 and 17 year old Written byGoneboating90 August 10, 2016

Historical and informative

Not sure who the liberal moron was who wrote the common sense media review, but they are absolutely wrong and probably work for msnbc. This movie should be shown in high school history classes. It is historical and shines a light on the real democratic party.
Adult Written byJim D. August 12, 2016

it is time to wake up

This film exposes an agenda that while is to a certain extent pushed by Rep and Dem parties , the party theme of the film is clearly in the drivers seat now and has had an incredible shaping force for the negative in US history . The current administration and more so Hillary are working very hard to sink the US and all need to see this for what it is. Any who question references only need to look past mainstream news lies to alt news and oversea news outlets to have these things painfully verified. Many items can be found in gov archives that are shamefully kept from the public either by omission or intent. All need to see this film if the US has any chance of survival.
Adult Written byLynn F. August 2, 2016

MUST SEE BEFORE YOU VOTE

So important to know REAL history, rarely taught in schools. A must see for everyone!!!
Adult Written byWendy W. July 29, 2016

Inspirational and informative

Very well done movie that traces the history of the Democratic Party and illuminates the problems and corruption we have today in politics. Perhaps a few segments are biased - the Margaret Sanger piece has more to it then what was shown... Yet the overall impact is right to the heart of what is so deceptive in the Democratic Party today and really in politics in general. Great educational tool tha all Americans should see!

Adult Written byBrenda R. July 29, 2016

Information is power

The more we learn about people's past actions and words, the better judgment we can make about whether to trust them or not. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS! It is too easy to lie your way out of what you have done.
Adult Written bywfaz July 26, 2016

It is a hit piece on Hillary Clinton

It is pretty much solid history and solid truth.