Parent reviews for Hitch

Enjoyable Will Smith romcom has some cursing,

Adult Written byMatt B. October 27, 2015

Funny movie but kind of questionable

This movie is funny but kids should be supervised.
Adult Written bydarkknightrises232 July 14, 2012

It's pretty good.

Lots of uses of s--t.

Adult Written bymoviemadness July 26, 2011

Cute Romcom Has Heart

I was pretty surprised by this film. A romcom about a date doctor and a gossip columnist really has the potential to go horribly, horribly wrong. Hitch didn't, though -it's great. The movie is full of sweet moments, silly situations, and packs a great lesson about true love. The main character helps genuinely good men spruce up their images and hone their people skills to present the best image possible to the women they love. The emphasis is placed on what makes a good relationship last (friendship, respect, compatibility, and affection). There is little iffy stuff, and the characters who do exhibit disrespectful sexual behavior are portrayed negatively and get their comeuppance. Aside from some swearing, a few innuendoes, and some drinking, Hitch is a great movie for tweens and teens.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 9, 2010

13 and up.

hitch is a great funny comedy movie that's best for your young teens and parents you need to know that the hitch has some few Sexual references and situations there are some strong language used in the movie also characters social drink as a response to stress and having a bad day the message is good it's about colorblind romantic relationships and friendships.

Adult Written byBellusverumi September 16, 2009
This movie has it's funny parts. However there was one scene where a woman's photo in a newspaper shown the side of her breasts although it didn't mention nudity.
If I was checking on a movie to make sure it's appropriate I would like to know that detail in the movie in order for me to make that decision to let my kids watch it.
Overall, the movie wasn't too bad and I think the appropriate age would be 13 years old.
Adult Written byjesus3boy May 9, 2009
good overall message, younger kids wont understand anything because its about dating
Adult Written by007bond April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysprice April 9, 2008

I laughed alot!

This was a great comedy. Only inappropriate for kids under 13, maybe 12 because they might be bored with the plot. Refreshingly void of explicit scenes & takes a much more traditional approach toward casual sex (viewing it as scummy).
Adult Written byeverythingisAOK April 9, 2008

funny

this movie pretty funny. i really enjoyed seeing a different side of will smith. this movie is funny, romance. though some people tend to be shocked when there is sexual content, and language. but the thing is it is all around us and in what we read.
Adult Written bymomofthree April 9, 2008

Lots of smiles and laughs!

I really enjoyed this movie but was glad I did not bring my children (all under 12). One f-word used in a comical way. I'm kind of a stick in the mud and don't laugh easily but this movie had me smiling and laughing many times. Will Smith and Kevin James make this movie very enjoyable for mature teenagers and adults. A funny adult romance.
Adult Written byfirekiss2006 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymamma2jpc April 9, 2008

Very funny

I love that Will Smith is poking fun at his image. This is a fun date movie and fun to watch.
Adult Written bydudelydad2 April 9, 2008

great....

i was told that most guys wouldn't like this movie....well i had a great time at the movies seeing this i thought it was hillarious and that Will Smith is the best actor since Robin Williams...anyway this is a great movie
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

FUNNY

Will Smith did it again.
Adult Written bykingaroo April 9, 2008

Date movie, okay for little brothers

I was surprised my 9 and 12 y o boys enjoyed this at all. There was enough physical comedy and silliness to make them sit through that icky kissing and romance stuff. I had to explain some of the character's feelings and motives to them.
Adult Written byRGWISE April 9, 2008
Adult Written byGraham&Heather April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySierra Pocza April 9, 2008

I laughed

Another brilliant job by Will Smith.
Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008

Fun Movie...Great to watch with your spouse or a date but not your kids

I saw it on an airplane ride and was pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely no prude, but I really think it is a movie for adults and older teens...not my twelve your old... though she wouldn't be shocked.

Will Smith is very good, and Eva Mendez is beautiful and a pretty good actress. But this is not a kids movie.
Adult Written bycryshill April 9, 2008
My 8 year old thought this was hilareous. We've talked about certain things pertaining to sex but there was still some things in this movie that went way over her head. I would probably let her watch it again.
I on the other hand loved it!!!Laughed my butt off.