All parent member reviews for Holiday in Handcuffs

Adult Written bymom2girls April 9, 2008

Adult Written byauburngrads April 9, 2008

Parents beware: not exactly FAMILY movie

I watched HOLIDAY IN HANDCUFFS with my 15 year old and found it to be a cute, romantic comedy. HOWEVER, I was very disappointed in the PG rating for this FAMILY MOVIE... something just doesn't add up. There were several NON-family lines and scenes ('because we hadn't slept together yet"... "bitchitus"... police bust in on couple in sexual play w/ man wrapped in a bow , .... "fantasy for our once a year birthday sex"... ETC.). I feel very strongly that if you are going to plug a movie as a FAMILY MOVIE, that gratuitious cursing, inuendo and blatantly NON-famiy scenes just really don't need to be included. I will not let my 12 year old watch this - what otherwise would be a great little movie - due to the lack of consdieration for what it means to be FAMILY / PG scenes & verbage. PLEASE keep this in mind for younger viewers.
Adult Written bycutie06 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 6, 8, and 11 year old Written byfaith4jesus April 9, 2008

I enjoyed it. But wouldn't allow my kids to see it

I personally enjoyed the movie. I have been a fan of Melissa Joan Hart & Mario Lopez since I was a teen so it was fun to see them in a movie together. My 11yr old asked if she could watch it but I decided against it. The fact that a girl is kidnapping a guy, it had a little bit of sex talk in it and the drinking wasn't something I wanted her to see. If she was a little older though it would be ok as long as we talked a bit afterwards.
Adult Written bywomack93 April 9, 2008

I was very disapointed that this was another attempt to aim a Christmas movie at younger viewers and have issues that they are not ready to handle. For the Family Channel it was surprising. I think they could have made this a very good film for the whole family without all the sexual overtones that is had. Parents should be warned that this is a movie with topics that need to be discussed openly.