Parent reviews for Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Poster Image

A clarification

Great movie. There are versions available without the blackface scene. The original reviewer confuses Crosby and Astaire.

my favorite holiday movie but...

I love this movie and it's definitely my favorite holiday movie. It's funny and romantic and introduced the song White Christmas (the movie of the same title isn't nearly as good). The portrayal of African Americans is stereotypical and there's a cringe-worthy black face number. When my kids first saw it (when they were little) we used the opportunity to talk about racism in Hollywood and American society. Another reviewer noted that he/she'd seen it with that scene left out--I agree it should be left in, but be aware that your kids are going to want and need some explanation. There's drinking and smoking and of course lots of fabulous dancing and singing. I think it's fine for young kids but they might miss the subtle humor.

Love this movie

I love this movie and watched it many times as a child with my father. I watched it last night and the black face dance scene was left out. What???? They shouldn't do that these days, take out scene just because someone might get offend. It's part of the movie and it was a OK thing to do back in that time.