Kid reviews for Home Again

Home Again Poster Image

Sexist and Archaic SPOILER ALERT

Home Again is a could-be sweet movie that explores the shifting family dynamics of a recently separated aspiring interior designer. She is also a mom of two with a non-existent sense of self and has sexual relationships with her boarders (hubristic filmmakers) and her ex husband (who is a musician that parties a lot, leading to their divorce). Both the boarders (two of which are "in love with her") and the ex husband get into physical fights over who gets to be with the protagonist and are generally overly possessive. Traditional gender roles are reinforced and boardrooms are always all-white and all-male. All in all, it would be appropriate for mature 12-year-olds and nearly all 13-year-olds in terms of content but don't show to overly impressionable anyone as the misogynistic norms can be internalized and the norms are now a relic.

Cute movie!

I think that this movie has a cute overall theme. I like the family parts of it. Alice's father was a filmmaker, so it is cool to hear about her family history. Three guys are trying to create a film. It encourages you to never give up when it's hard. There are scenes of two adults with a large age gap having sex and sleeping together. There is talk about depression. Wanted to say that because it is a sensitive topic. Language Is not all of the time, but does take place throughout the movie. Adults in a bar getting drunk and dancing. One guy throws up. Overall, this is a super sweet movie. Appropriate for 14 plus in my opinion.

Quite good

not bad some sexual situations and shit is said quite a few times but generally a good film. Recommended for a mom and 12/13 yr old daughter to watch together ❤️ tons of drinking scenes, shots of people taking shots of alcahol

One of my favorite movies ever

This is one of my favorite movies ever. This is a sweet family movie that incorporates a little bit of everything. From romance to jobs, friendships and family this movie has it all. It also features a wonderful cast who all do a wonderful job. However this movie does incorporate some sex between an older women and a younger man (as well as reference to a marriage between a large age gap) as well as some drinking at a birthday but I think it sticks pretty true to its pg-13 rating. In the end it hits it home with some wonderful messages about staying true to yourself and family and friends coming first.

Trash

I couldn't even finish the movie. There was no story line, it was extremely boring and the acting wasn't great either. I would say not for kids because there are multiple sex scenes(nothing explicit) drinking, and the movie is no good anyway.

It was really good no too inappropriate. One sex scene it didn't show anything because of selective lighting