All parent member reviews for Home Run

Parent Written bynormarcia April 23, 2013

Great movie to see…. keep your eye on the box!

Reality based, This sort of hurt and pain is happening all around us in one form or another. Maybe not the same addiction issue, but only you, personally can answer that. Must see with an explanation about hurts, habits and hangups, if necessary, for you and your kids so you can talk about those issues as they happen in todays fast, free-spirited world. There is hope in the Lord by believing change can happen !
Parent Written bySpidermanFan1993 December 7, 2013

This one hits it out of the park!!!!

This is one of the best Christian movies I have ever seen. This movie has a really positive message. That message being that in order to overcome addictions we need to turn it over to Jesus Christ and let God deliver us from our addictions. For a PG-13 movie this is an extremely clean movie compared to what Hollywood is putting out now. There is a lot of alcohol consumption as well as seen the person get drunk on several occasions. There is a scene at the beginning of the movie when the main characters dad is abusing him, not physically, but mentally. There are references to other addictions such as sexual addictions, abuse, and drug addictions. There is some violence in this movie such as seen the main character throw a temper tantrum when he did not like the umpires call, seeing a kid get accidentally hit, seeing the main character get mad at another little league baseball coach and punching him in the face, as well as see the main character get mad and start to punch and throw stuff. There is also a scene when the main character is drunk while he is driving and eventually gets into a car accident. After the car accident the movie goes to a scene which takes place in a hospital and you get how badly injured the main characters brother is. The only reason this movie is PG-13 is due to the subject matter that the film deals with. Overall, this is a great movie that an entire family should watch. However, some parents might feel like the subject mature is too mature for thier children.