All parent member reviews for Homecoming

Adult Written bywonder dove May 28, 2010

Not bad, enjoyable!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this which was surprising because it seemed very cliche sounding! One reason why I watched it was for Mischa Barton, such a great actress. Her role was the obsessed ex-girlfriend named Shelby who lives on her own, has her own house and owns a bar called "The Pitt". She kidnaps her ex-boyfriend's girlfriend Elizabeth (Jessica Stroup) by hitting Elizabeth while driving home one night and brings her to her home out in the toolies. Experienced with nursing, Shelby takes "care" of Elizabeth in a hospital bed and all, until she realizes that Shelby killed her own mother and is ultimately dangerous. Locked up in a room, Elizabeth tries every way to escape while Shelby is out seducing her boyfriend (Shelby's ex-boyfriend) Mike, while Mike thinks Elizabeth ditched him for one of her ex-boyfriends she recently ran into the other night. It is quite refreshing with less blood & gore than most thrillers. Although sometimes cheesy, I found it very entertaining. Language is infrequent but contains f-words, sh*t, b*tch, some sexually related terms. Violence is quite strong with a man being axed and then shot, a woman twists and then cuts another woman's tendon (foot), a body is thrown in a garbage can and then lit on fire, a shot to the leg, characters get knocked out by a toilet lid and a syrup bottle, a woman is rough with another woman and pulls her hair, a woman gets her head bashed in by a football helmet multiple times, a woman is tied up with tape around her mouth. Sexual content has a near-sex scene that's quite steamy where characters unbutton shirts and unbuckle pants but the guy decides to go no further, some kissing of couples throughout, a woman is obsessed with her ex-boyfriend and keeps photos of them in her room - she also re-watches a tape of their homecoming kiss repeatedly, a woman parades around in lingerie that's very revealing, a woman frustrates another woman saying "I almost f-ed your boyfriend last night and I think tonight will be "thee" night", a woman forces herself on a man but he pushes her away, men talk about women and their relationships. There is social drinking and smoking. I think teens aged 16 and up would love this, NOT recommended for youngsters!