Parent and Kid Reviews on

Honest Thief Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 5 parent reviews

Sort by:

Ok movie. Watched it based off of reviews. Language is stronger than what reviews suggests. What's not stated is there is one use of F***

Great movie has less violence then suspected!

This movie is the best and has one of the best actors (one of the favorite), Liam Neeson! This movie surprisingly has less violence than normal Liam Neeson movies! Violence: Fighting and guns though there is only two scenes where they actually shoot the guns, once when they are in the house and they shoot a fbi cop (which I would advise to skip) and when there is a car chase, the "bad" people shoot at the car though nothing happens, and a house blowing up with nobody inside. Language: the language is in frequent but contains two s-words and one use of god also one muffled f-word that kids could probably not hear unless they were trying really hard to hear. I think that an 10 or 11 yr old can handle this movie (It has way less violence than any marvels or mission impossibles), as been said I think that you should skip one scene, the scene is placed in a house where two fake cops are pointing a gun at liam neeson and then an fbi agent comes in the house and says wait whats going on... after that like two seconds later the fake cop shoots the fbi agent in the chest and there is some red mist for 1 second and then liam neeson runs to the Boston police station, if you want to see this scene for yourself then look at the trailer. This is probably the most violent scene of the whole movie and I would advise you to ask your son to look away. Otherwise its just shooting guns at cars (Which result win nothing). Great movie and as I said I think a 10 or 11 yr old can handle this! Thanks for listening to my review!

Does have one F-Bomb

Good movie. Family enjoyed it. Twelve year old daughter liked it even better since it has an F-Bomb not mentioned in the Common Sense review. We don’t let our daughter watch movies with that language...so she thought we were pretty cool parents. ;)

What’s up with a 15 and 14

I don’t think this is a 15 or 14 rating yes it’s a little Violent but Alsmost bloodless except one scene and it’s not that bad if your a mature tween or even less than that you can handle this.

Fitting Revenge

Rooted for the good bad guy right from the start. The plot was realistic enough to me especially in this day of deep state. Corrupt FBI agents not that hard to believe. Nice performances by all. You hate the bad guy, feel sorry for the partner who knew better, cheered for the good guy all around .