All parent member reviews for Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil

Parent of an infant, 5, and 5 year old Written bymdpack May 3, 2011

General rule of thumb II movies are not as good.

Hoodwinked Too continues where the first movie left off. The characters go to work for the happily ever after agency. The storyline of the movie is solid and the first half of the movie lives up to the reputation of the original, however the second half of the film felt more disjointed, like they were trying to hurry and get to the conclusion, it became very dark and more scary, the spider, and the fighting with the giant Hansel and Gretel. I can't really put my finger on what bothered me, overall first half of the movie - great, second half so-so. Not as good as the original. (Soundtrack on the original is better as well).
Parent of a 3 year old Written byRomanygrrl May 7, 2011

Don't even think about it!

We lasted the first 20 minutes and took our just-3 out. Constant, unremitting top volume, rapidly sequenced violence and frightening images. Say no more.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 May 4, 2011

Not worth time or money

Very boring movie with only a few funny spots that you have already seen in the trailers. The 3D was the worst I have seen since the 90s!! Definitely not worth the additional price of tickets. I would definitely recommend waiting for the rental. Rio is a million times better if looking for a good kids movie.
Adult Written byUltraVolta425 April 25, 2011

dumb dumb dumb

Disgusting. Dumb. Idiotic. A movie with the kind of humor you can see from a mile away. Just look at the cover and you've seen the whole movie, no need to waste your money on this.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymrs conn April 18, 2011

Parent Written bydr peper man 01 August 21, 2011

well

the movie was cute but way too so sad and depresing for me and my family to realy fully enjoy the way a movie should be enjoyed but red was cool so i guess it wasnt all bad
Adult Written byjohnnydepp November 3, 2011

LARRYS MAD

OMIGOODNESS DID YOU SEE THE TWO FEMALE SQUIRRELS EMERGING FROM SQUIRRLEY'S CHAMBER???? WOW RACY ALSO THE RACIST GIANT SCARED MY 40 YEAR OLD UNMARRIED CHILD WHO LIVES IN MY BASEMENT TO RILE UP!!!!! IT ALSO HAS TOO MUCH CYBERBULLYING
Parent Written byGlam-ma1 September 25, 2011

Bad messages

I read a review that said the movie has a good message because it says just because you're #2 doesn't mean you aren't special. This may be true, but there are so many other bad messages in the movie I will probably forget some of them. I did not like making children (Hansel & Gretel) villains in the movie. I think the German (Dutch) people have suffered enough over the years - no other group of people continues to be as villafied as the Germans. Children should NEVER be set up as villains - especially kidnapped children! Bad bad message. A lot of the movie is way over a 7 year olds head. Why does there have to be swearing in a movie - even if it is the word 'muffin' in place of a swear word. Toward the end of the movie the goat sings an opera (beautifully I might add), but he is hit and (apparently knocked stupid) - so what happens? He becomes a southern hillbilly and falls down a manhole....besides Germans - southerners are picked on waaaaaaaaay too much. On the positive side the movie had beautiful color and was most likely expensive to make. I just found the movie flawed - fortunately most 7 year olds would not understand the bad messages in the movie.
Parent Written bySmeade August 8, 2012

Not cutesy, creepy

Cringed a lot at things characters said, words kids say you don't want them to learn
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy December 30, 2012

A Very crappy movie.

I gotta admit,the first one was really good.But this one sucked.First off,it's BORING.My family was bored by this terrible sequel too.The so-called "film" was nothing but cliches,lame exacutions,bad acting,eye burning CGI,and a poorly-written storyline.Avoid this movie if you can.
Adult Written byJEDI micah December 23, 2012

What a pointless sequel.

Hoodwinked didn't need another one. It was just fine the way it was. There was no need to make a sequel! Although the animation is a little bit improved, the jokes, story, and voice-acting is not impressive enough. For families who are looking for a fun family movie for the weekend, I recommend something else! Perhaps the original movie would be nice.