All teen and kid member reviews for Hoot

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN February 16, 2011

A cute movie that shows kids that they should stand up for what they belive in and what's right.

Roy has moved around his whole life; so when his family moves to Coconut Cove he hopes he isn't staying too long. Bullied on the school bus by Dana Matherson, Roy sees a kid running super fast. The weird thing? The kid wasn't wearing any shoes. One day Roy follows the kid, and embarks on a journey with the boy (who we learn to call Mullet Fingers), and Beatrice, the boy's sister, to save a small population of owls on a soon-to-be Mother Paula's Pancake House property. Together they run into some obstacles, which they overcome with some pretty intuitive schemes. The movie is nicely tied together by the beautiful Florida wildlife and the movie soundtrack, which includes songs by Jimmy Buffet. (He also has a small role in the movie!)
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2010

A see-once-and-forget movie

Pretty good movie. I don't remember anything that terrible in it. The acting was cute and all, but not a movie I would watch again.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky April 30, 2010

Okay

We watched this movie right after reading the novel in school and I thought it was Ok. Not bad not great.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2010
Hoot was okay. I didn't like on account that it was terribly feel good. Logan Lerman and Cody Linley are both very good actors in this movie, but the rest of the actors aren't great. Hoot got to the point where it was extremely unrealistic. This movie would be okay for kids 8 and up/
Kid, 6 years old March 1, 2009

beatrice the bear

it was cool! it's about the new kid in town when he finds out that millions of owl's habitats are getting destroyed. He teams up with 2 friends to save the owl's habitat. It's not really scary but I think that it should be for kids and adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYengmeng April 9, 2008
The movie was okay,I think that they should show the the part where Beatrice bited Roy's tire,Mullet Fingers put his torn green shirt on top of Officer Delinko's satelite.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2014

The film is average, the book is great

I read the book and then watched the movie. The book was great, the movie was okay. The content in the movie is okay for kids, however the plot may be confusing for kids under 10. Overall an okay family movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2011

:{)

really good. it makes you want to go save an animal!
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2011

Don't bother seeing it.

Worthless adaption of GREAT BOOK.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2011

best family film out there!

i love it and so does my family! we all hope for a seqal to the best family film on dvd!
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2010
very good movie with owls and a good plot
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

Teen, 17 years old Written byyayymexoxo55 January 4, 2010

Good.

It's good. Yayy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleDee. September 4, 2009
the movie is great! i love it.
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2009

Loved it

I love the movie. my sisters fell in love with it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bychase2 May 29, 2009

President Obama

Sick awesome movie! the best movie in the world
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008