Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Horrible Bosses

All-star comedy is pretty raunchy -- and hilarious.

Adult Written byJohnyH120 November 15, 2014

Rated R means you must be at least 17 to watch

This movie is appropriate for adults 17 and older because it is rated R.

Adult Written bybbutcher July 16, 2011

Laugh for the Adults; Leave Kids at Home

As a young adult, I really found this movie hilarious. There are many parts of the movie that I laughed out loud, but this is no movie for kids. Foul language and sexual innuendos are very very common.

Adult Written byMargar January 24, 2012

Horrible Movie

This movie was raunchy and stupid. A totally tasteless waste. We didn't even think it was funny. It was just really bad.

Adult Written byTalyseon July 8, 2011

Dust off your Resume....

This is one to leave the kids at home...or better yet, send them in to Mr. Popper's Penguins, while you catch it.
Adult Written bylolajola July 30, 2013

Sexual abuse isn't funny, not ever.

This movie was HORRIBLE. The worst part is that it minimizes the SEVERE sexual harassment of one boss toward her employee. Sexual harassment /abuse is turned into a joke. Teens and kids can NOT analyze such a message on their own, so if they see it, it should be with a lot of guidance from parents who can explain that sexual abuse is NEVER funny in real life.

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Good Comedy for Adult Time

The female horrible boss shamelessly harasses her employee sexually while talking about his anatomy in a vulgar way, and also wants to have sex with him on top of his fiance. If you decide this movie is a good pick for your kids, then you are wasting your time on this website, because obviously there is nothing to hold back. Three men plan to kill their bosses. This movie includes implied prostitution, racially tense situations, dirty jokes, objectifying men and women, and it's freakin hilarious. I love it, but I'm not about to let any of my kids watch it.

Adult Written byJoshR 1 May 19, 2015

Horrible Bosses is hysterical!

Horrible Bosses is about Nick, Kurt, and Dale who are three guys that really hate their bosses. Nick's boss is just a jerk and is only mean to Nick and no one else in the office. Kurt hates his boss because his original boss (who he adored) just died, and now his coke head son is taking over for him. Dale's problem with his boss is that she has a sex addiction and is constantly trying to have sex with Dale. But Dale denies because she is always using vulgar terms, acts inappropriately, and Dale just got engaged. The three guys happen to be friends and one night ask the question, If you could kill your boss and get away with it, would you do it? They end up agreeing on this and saying yes and then the fun in Horrible Bosses begins. The film has a fair amount of crude and sexual content. This is mostly because of Jennifer Aniston's character, the sex addict, who makes strong sexual references and innuendos to Dale throughout the movie. She even succeeds at sleeping and sexually flirting with another man she doesn't even know for 10 minutes but sex takes place offscreen and talked about afterwards among other characters. Kurt is known to be a womanizer and ends up having sex twice in the movie (one woman is married) but sex takes place off screen. While talking on the phone with a man, its implied a woman is masturbating in her bathtub as she is laughing but there are no sex noises or sounds. Julia (Jennifer Aniston) takes pictures of herself having sex with Dale while he is asleep at work (we see the pictures but no sensitive body parts are shown). She shows the pictures to him and threatens to show them to his soon to be wife. Besides the sexual content in the film, there is also strong sexual innuendo and references. To add on to this, there is a lot of bad language but nothing beyond f*ck and its derivatives which are used a ton of times including mother*u*ker. There is some violence but it is a comedy and we barely see any blood. A character shoots himself in the leg. A man goes to another man's house and shoots him two or three times but this is only shown from a distance. There is some drugs but we never see them actually being used by the coke head and no one else. There is only one part where a character accidentally drops a box of cocaine and accidentally inhales it making him go crazy for the rest of the night. It's very crude and it definitely deserves the r rating, but Horrible Bosses is so funny that sometimes it even hurts.

Adult Written byJoyC July 5, 2012

Too Raunchy for Many

Extremely raunchy. Not appropriate for kids, and many parents. Many will be offended by the language and some subject matter.

Adult Written byMandin October 13, 2012

Amazing, but for adults

This movie is hillarious but for mature people.

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 10, 2014

Very fun film with no morality!

There isn't a dull moment in "Horrible Bosses," a fairly original concept that combines what most blue collar types have wanted to do in their lives, and your Hollywood movie. My complaint is that we never got to know the characters well...I certainly sympathized with them, though Spacey, Aniston and Farrell are all deliciously wicked employers (especially Spacey who classes up the picture with his imposing presence). I just would've liked to know more about these people, but perhaps the enjoyment of this film was just sitting back and laughing at other's pain for a while!

Parent of a 1, 3, 6, 10, and 16 year old Written bymlk18 October 20, 2011

Who would let their child watch this!?

First I have to say that when I read reviews and see kids as young as 10-11 writing reviews on a movie like this I wonder if their parents are mentally deficient. This movie is NOT for children and any parent who would let their child (sub-18 years of age) watch this needs to take a parenting class. The movie was somewhat funny but a little too low brow to be anything better than just so-so.

Adult Written byprofessionalmov... September 28, 2015

Hilarious but extremely crude, raunchy and rude.

Although this movie is unbelievably funny, there is tons of rude stuff. The language is in literally every sentence, f--k, s--t, c--k, p---y and so much more. The sex references are extreme, one of the characters sexually harasses another character and says some extremely rude sexual things to him. Keep this movie away from your kids. Believe me, ADULTS ONLY!

Adult Written byage 10+ February 26, 2012
Adult Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Horrible Bosses 2011

Kinda Violent, but Funny Kill the Boss Comedy

Adult Written byEbro November 1, 2011

Disappointed

Great cast of talent. Movie was very disappointing. We were anticipating a strong comedy and this one just missed it all and needed more work , editing or something.
Adult Written byUrsulamartins October 17, 2011

It's definitely one to watch

Well what I feel is that the movie is very nice nd there are no deliberate intentions to corrupt little kids.its just things said in oda to convey the matter at hand to the public.well about the fact that people say it is not good for children then it should be noted by parents that some movies cannot be watched by children and this is definitely not the worst of movies in measure of containing sexual words or funny contents..over all...it's one to watch
Adult Written byJackieLL July 23, 2011

A bad x rated film.

This would have been X rated 25 yrs ago. No prude myself, but was still shocked by how many sex acts in full detail were done, talked about & referred to throughout the entire show. Was embarrassed to be sitting in the theatre. Finally got up & left, told my group I'd wait for them. Too much.

Adult Written bythefade210 December 13, 2014

Adult Written byLand0n November 22, 2018

Great, LOTS of foul language

This movie is hilarious but they can’t go on sentence without a cuss word. I would recommend it for 13 and over.