Parent reviews for Hot Wheels: AcceleRacers

Animated series is an ad for Hot Wheels cars.

Adult Written bymichael14375 May 18, 2020

I loved the series growing up

The best part about this show is that it isn't just for kids, adults can enjoy it too. It has a really good storyline, it's funny and I'd definitely watch it again as an adult. There is the death of some characters mentioned in the series but it's not too extreme.

Adult Written byArdent P. May 2, 2018

An Actual Honest Review

All the negative reviews on this series here are rubbish. From the outside, this just seems like a long series of advertisements for toy cars. But it is far, far from that. Hot Wheels AcceleRacers was ahead of its time. Now, the animation had aged a bit and it is clearly visible. Some textures and animations seem unpolished or even unfinished. But that can be easily overlooked when you notice just how good these films are. The characters are all diverse, fleshed out, and likable in their own ways. Like with Highway 35, there is a large cast of characters and the series has a large scale to it.

The voice acting is well done and professional, and the soundtrack is fantastic, with tracks ranging from rock, techno, rap, and even ambient. The settings of series are very unique and mysterious, especially the Racing Realms that the characters race in. But the greatest aspect of these films is the plot.

I won't say any spoilers but the story is well-written and very developed. It is consistent from Highway 35, and actually handles a lot of dark and mature themes that will make kids and other viewers really think. Some parts are scary, the drivers are in danger a lot, and the antagonists, the Racing Drones, are incredibly intimidating and frightening. But that just makes it all much more thrilling. The plot has a lot of twists that most will not see coming. Overall, kids will love this series and it can be enjoyed by older audiences as well.

Adult Written byPsycicN1NJA July 11, 2016

Hot Wheels Acceleracers a good follow up?

I grew up watching Highway 35 as a kid. As you might have guessed, I was a major hot wheels fan, and still am one at heart. When I heard that there was an even longer follow up series to world race, I had to check it out. While some would argue that your kid will likely only watch this show if they either love hot wheels, or enjoyed the first movie, I believe there is a lot to be enjoyed here. The majority of the racing cast is comprised of brand new characters, so new comers will likely enjoy it. This show is a bit weird in it's transition from world race, and there was a ton of unused potential since the show starts about halfway through the racing realms, and some realms that weren't in the show are just fantastic on paper. The show could have been a full fledged tv series if it decided to use the rest of the realms. After watching it again, I have to say that all of the cheesy humor is not as funny as I thought it was when I was a kid, but in any case, it is a road worth taking.
Parent of a 17-year-old Written byLarrywilliamsjr June 18, 2016

This show was the best all episode

This show is really good for kids they need to finish the show out after ulmate race Bc it's ends there but they need to finish it but other than that it's a good show
Adult Written byAcceleRon April 2, 2011
this series starts from Hot wheels highways 35 to really understand it you should watch these first. the reason the two gangs Teku and Metal Maniacs fight so much is the leader of the Metal Maniacs is accused to killing Teku leader Nolo Pasaro's brother Tone Pasaro. As the series progress though the four movies more about the teams are relayed and the point of the racing realms. i highly recommend watching 3 or all of them so you have seen the whole series.
it goes