Kid reviews for Hotel for Dogs

Young pet lovers will get a kick out of dog comedy.

Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2021
Teen, 14 years old Written byPcman21 November 6, 2020

Above average uninspired movie

I think this movie is a pretty good fit for kids but I have seen a LOT of movies very similar to this movie, but if your kids have not seen a movie like this or they can't get enough dog movies then I recommend checking it out!

Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2020

great for kids

Hotel for Dogs was one of my favorite movies, Because there were dogs and it was an exciting adventure.

Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2020

HOTEL FOR DOGS

this movie is funny and it is great is you are a dogs lover . i think this movie makes you think how much dogs mean to you, even if you do not have one. this movie is great for cheering someone up or making someone laugh. my favourite character is the movie is friday the dog.

Kid, 9 years old April 22, 2020

We finally know: “Who let the dogs out”

Cute puppy tale is a good choice for kids. Some rude humor.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylafrancophile February 16, 2020

Charming

Everything about this film was absolutely adorable, and there were a few laugh-out-loud moments. But there is a lot of gross stuff in it too, like pee and poop and dogs kissing each other.

Teen, 16 years old Written byVenusPM February 6, 2020

Fun and adorable!

A great film with a positive message, saving dogs from being abandoned and sent to the dog pound, the acting is okay and the movie is really good, one of the best dog film ever made in my opinion, great for little kids that really like dogs, really nice movie.

Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2019

Your Average Dog Story - Inspiring But Uninspired

It's cute. It's just your average dog story. It's inspiring but also uninspired. There is some mild flirting. The messages to help those in need and that kids can make a difference are prominent. The characters are loving, kind, witty, and compassionate but they do some very wrong things to make money. They are treated horribly and get in trouble often. There is a lot of mild violence. There is tackling, animal abuse, and more. There is also slapstick humor of people stepping on poop, and a dog bathroom system scene that was really unnecessarily farce. I might recommend this movie to a 6 or 7 year old, but you can watch any other animal movie (dog, dolphin, etc.) and get the same value from it.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2018

Awesome!

I think this a great movie and that it was well made. It has a good message for kids to choose what they know is right. It features a lot of cool appliances that the kids make to make sure the dogs are healthy and happy. I totally recommend.

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2018

'Dog-Lovers' will Enjoy this Film

I thought this movie was pretty funny. There's a few good messages and role models. Good Movie!

Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2018

so so so so so so so so so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mia and i wanted to watch a movie so we went on Netflix and we found hotel for dogs so I watched it and it ended up being the best movie ever !! but There was a few kisses and bad words like crap and hell but other wise it was the best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WATCH IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the best movie ever and if you are a mom or dad your kids will love it !! and if your a kid you'll love it just like my brother and i did!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydaniel03 January 19, 2018

an exelent family film

an exelent family film.

Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2016

Cute but Sad Movie!!!!!!

This is great family movie night movie. I suggest this to Dog loving people, and people who like sad but cute movies. This movie though has some stuff you should discuss with your kids like Trespassing and police. But overall I really like this movie!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byVoicingspy November 13, 2016

Great For Small Children !

This movie is great for small children who love dogs. Other than the word "stupid" here and there it has no "swears" or "sexual scenes".

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2014

Quite original, but a bit of language (which is "cr*p")

Epicboy21 here, and I'll tell you the only thing that made the movie PG for language pretty much was that they use the term "we scr*wed up" or that a woman uses "cr*p" twice and a man says it once. The language is completely gratuitous, but otherwise it's very mild.

Anyway, the movie's about two orphans that scam people by pawning fake cell-phones for $26, who are named Bruce (Jake T. Austin, Disney's Wizards of Waverly Place), and Andie (Emma Roberts: after Nancy Drew, whatever happened to her?); the two hatch an idea when they save some dogs to make a hotel for them, so it's the "Hotel for Dogs", where saving dogs is their business and helping them is their job.

The G content would be:
- A man is kicked in the groin, hard, but otherwise there's no violence other than suspense from running and chasing.
- The main characters are orphans and they pawn for money.
The PG content would be:
- Kyla Pratt steps in dog poop by accident
- They create a fire hydrant so dogs can pee there
- The above-mentioned swearing

Anyway, it is quite original, with this idea about the Hotel for Dogs, and the technology is an absolute highlight. In short, the acting isn't that bad, the slapstick and scatological humour is quite good, and there's a good sense of drama, and character development is just quite enough. The animals don't even talk (for once, yay!) DreamWorks did a good job. Some dogs are seen drinking, and one dog is described as only having "three legs"; the accident is seen but is mentioned. Anyway, thankyou for reading.

Kid, 8 years old May 25, 2013

Good but scary

I love the movie but it scares me when they talk about "getting" the dogs.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 31, 2012

hotel for dogs is great

i thought it was great and i like it alot

Educational Value
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 20, 2012

Really good!

Great family movie with little inappropriate content. I'd give it three and a half stars out of five.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

Very good

A very good movie, see it!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymrbookworm01 May 13, 2012

Really good movie, but some upsetting moments

I just watched this movie on Nickelodeon and it was a really good movie. It has little inappropriate content for young kids, and it has some positive messages about caring about others, working together, and the importance of family. OK for kids 8+. Education: The movie's based off a book, so kids might want to read it after watching the movie. Violence: Some mild slapstick violence, but nobody gets hurt. Some dogs can seem a bit vicious to younger kids. Some brief references to the death of the main characters' parents, but not in detail. One dog is shown missing a leg, which might upset sensitive kids. Some mild peril when the main characters' are being chased by police, and sad moments like when the main characters' are briefly seperated from each other and their dogs, but nothing too upsetting. Sex: Some mild flirting and two brief kisses between teens. But nothing farther than that. Language: Use of the word, "crap" Consumerism: Brief showing of a Nintendo DS.

Educational Value