Parent reviews for Hotel Mumbai

Hotel Mumbai Poster Image

Good, but violent

If you want to teach your teen, this would be a great movie! Just make sure they are mature enough!

Very Violent

It's very violent and worrying. Not for kids and it's filled with guns and blood. It's very disturbing and not for sensitive people. They kill people a lot in this movie.

VERY violent movie

I’m actually watching this movie right now and all I can say is it’s very violent. Those who experienced a horrific attack or can be easily traumatized should not see this. I’m used to watching movies about real life major attacks (United 93, World Trade Center, Parkland, Patriots Day etc) and I’ve never seen a movie so disturbing. I had to turn it off after seeing what looked like a heavily bloodied pregnant woman screaming uncontrollably. (I later found courage to watch the rest of the movie and the woman was eventually killed or succumbed to injuries. Very sad). There is also scenes where a baby can be heard crying multiple times (given the circumstances) and it’s very hard to watch. I wouldn’t recommend this movie unless you can handle the violence

Please do not trust the rating this site gave the movie. This was a great movie. Very hard to watch, but insanely well made, moving, and the performances are great. This same reviewer gave the new Hellboy movie a higher rating, so that alone should tell you not to trust him. That movie doesn't even deserve 1 star lol!

Ignore the star rating. I give it a 4 star. Extremely intense, riveting, realistic. NOT for children under 18. Extremely violent, but well acted. Especially liked the sensitive way the hotel staff were portrayed.

Do not take your children to this movie.