All parent member reviews for House at the End of the Street

Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 July 22, 2013

its okay

The message is always listen to your parents instincts. The mother is a role model because she goes to great lengths to make sure her daughter is safe. The movie has little blood but is very violent in a non gory way. Some foul language. Some drinking and smoking marijuana.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydst794 February 15, 2013

There is more sexual information to know regarding this movie than Common Sense says!

I'm really close to NOT using the Common Sense website any more. Below is the information on sex that I got from IMBD. Why aren't the reviewers better? At a party, a new friend of Elissa's named Tyler (who's clearly drunk) tries to pressure her into having sex. He shoves her down and tries to get on top of her. Elissa pushes him away and storms angrily out of the bedroom. Elissa and Ryan have a lengthy make-out session. As things heat up, Elissa heads to the bathroom, saying she'll be right back - a break that could be interpreted as her stopping to use birth control. Elissa tells Sarah she hasn't been having "unprotected sex". She also tells Sarah, "Just because you were a wasted [email protected] in high school doesn't mean I'm going to be." A couple in a car contemplate having sex there. Sarah is seen on her bed in a revealing camisole. Going through the garbage at Ryan's house, Elissa finds a tampon box along with evidence that makes her think Ryan is sexually abusing Carrie Anne.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byhiltcher March 30, 2013

Entertaining Thriller Appropriate for 13 and up

This is a entertaining thriller, suspenseful and full of surprises. The acting all around is top notch, especially Lawrence, who plays Elissa, an independent-minded, confident teenager. While she makes some dishonest decisions (as they relate to her mother's rules) regarding her budding relationship with Ryan, the quiet, brooding next-door neighbor, Elissa is also smart enough not to accept the advances of another boy who puts the moves on her. Elissa is skeptical of this teen early on--wisely so, as he turns out to be a bully. While there is short scene with some teen kissing and making out, things go no further than this, making it acceptable for teens 13+.
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byunicornb September 11, 2016

Corny Thriller Film Has A "Psycho-Like" Finale

The film House at the End of the Street is a little slow. It takes almost an hour of the film to build up the actual thrilling part. The story was good up until the ending which raises tons of questions left unanswered. Although a little confusing and off it is quite a thriller with a good twist in the story. There isn't as much violence that is expected in a thriller film, but it does provide. Nothing sexual and I don't think I heard more than a pair of curse words. But it wasn't totally amazing and was a solid meh all the run-through.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 11, 2015

Very predictable, But too scary for the younger teenagers/young adults..

This film was super intense.. Parents should be aware that this film does contain content not suitable for young teenagers.. And, Please note that it does contain frightening moments...
Adult Written byJWilliams303 October 14, 2012

It was pretty good, but not as good as I thought

I just got to see this movie for the first time with my dad last night and I gotta say, it really ruined my anticipation for it. I actually thought it would be really freaky and when I saw commonsense rate it a 1 out of 5 stars, I was wondering why since it looked scary. But when I saw it last night, I could understand why. Don't get me wrong, I did jump a lot of times in the movie, but the movie was pretty predictable. I was hoping more from it since Jennifer Lawrence is in it but even she couldn't save the day with this movie (as good as she acted in this movie). So anyone who really wants to see this, don't have your hopes too high on it like I did because it will disappoint you. But if anything, it does have a bit of a twist at the end, kind of...
Parent of a 12 year old Written bymarci123 September 29, 2012

Handling Fear

If your child is in to scary movies and can handle them then this is the movie for you. It is a good movie but if your child get scared easliy it is not a movie for you. My child was lauging when we saw it. She handles fear well. There is a small amount of making out on a couch. Then it stops. Nothing more happens