Kid reviews for How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Battle of the sexes romcom with mature content.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2009

great cheer up film

great movie. i am 11 and loved it to death

Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2009

No kids at all! even i am 2 young!

No kids! too much sex for kids to handle!

Teen, 16 years old Written byJflores14 January 2, 2015

fun comedy about a couple that tricks each other for personal gain

this movie is so funny and smart. The film is perfect for a date night or for teens who love a good laugh. (Very similar to the movie 27 dresses.) CONTENT: Violence- one punch in the face Sex- innuendo abounds. talk of gay couples, scenes featuring pictures of scantily clad women, talk of naming a mans penis, a conversation about a couples sex life, a man rubs his face on a woman's clothed breasts, a girl propositions a man by laying on his bed and telling him to come over, a couple makes out heavily, one semi graphic sex scene, a couple kisses heavily on a bed, a girl talks about the size of a mans penis, a fir rips a guys shirt open and kisses him all over his chest Language- 30 or so uses of sh*t, some uses of b*tch, ass, damn, hell, crap, bastard, etc. MY RATING: PG-13/ for crude and sexual content, brief sexuality, and language

Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

Yay!

This is a really great movie! it's witty, funny, and has a good ending. I really like that it's not too predictable either. yay. Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey were very convincing. The whole movie was good and alot more appropriate than they're saying. it had nothing really "explicit." Language wasn't that bad, and sexual stuff wasn't that bad either. 15+? i dont think so. try 9+.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2010
a good movie but probably recomended for older teens. I think im too young for it.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymgn May 24, 2017

Great Rom Com for Older Audience

If you're looking for a good movie to watch, this one is fantastic (It's one of my favorites). If you're looking for something for a younger audience, this obviously isn't for you. I've seen it multiple times and the plot is great. It's not super predictable, which is one of the reasons I love it. The characters are funny, driven, and smart. There are sex references, some steamy scenes, and repeated uses of the s word, but it's still clean and doesn't show anything inappropriate, It's definitely my favorite rom com!

Great movie!

There are a few iffy scenes. Probably better for 13+.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2012

Great movie

This was such a great movie! It was so funny and silly, and it's definitely a movie people should watch. However, there was a tiny bit of language here and there, some drinking and smoking, but overall nothing major. Overall, it was a good movie that should be watched by teen girls.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 August 28, 2011

Cute and Sweet!

I adore this movie. I saw it when i was pretty young. Then again I didnt know anything that was going on really. But I think this is a very cute movie. They have such great actors in it! There is a little bit of cussing, and a little bit of innapropriate stuff, but overall a very cute movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviecritic April 9, 2008

Loved It!

This is now my absolute favorite movie. I've seen it about 4 times and can simply not get over how funny it was. As for content the big thing is that there is quite a bit of sexual humor (i.e. there are scenes in this movie that are full of it), mainly they are supposed to be geared to an older audience but there is nothing explicit shown. The language is pretty typical for a PG-13. the s word is used several times in a few scenes but nothing stronger than that. Overall this movie is great and if your at least 14 this is a great movie for you to see!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhwhite October 29, 2018

A classic romcom that's not to be missed

Teen, 15 years old Written bymollymeissner August 22, 2018

Cute film with some questionable content, but in the end it's all just for fun

I have watched this movie numerous times and it never seems to get old. Even though the plot is not particularly deep, there is a ton of humour that will always keep you laughing and engaged. Kate Hudson and Matthew Mcconaughey are an excellent duo in this cute and quirky film. There is minimal language, however there are a few sexual references and innuendos (I believe many of these will go over younger viewers heads). One sex scene although there is not much shown. In one scene "bull****" is used a lot, but that is all part of a card game. Andie's friends are very supportive and females are portrayed in a fairly healthy way. One message that is questionable though is that the two are pawns of each other. With Ben using Andie as part of a deal that could end with him getting a promotion at work and Andie using Ben as the basis of an article that could also end with her getting a "promotion" at work. All in all, how to Lose a Guy in 10 days is fine for tweens and up with its fairly innocent subject matter and quirky humour.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCooltiger37 July 22, 2018

A good lesson in just how utterly STUPID the MPAA can be

If there's one thing that can be learned from this predictable, clichéd rom-com, it's that the MPAA is a bunch of complete morons. "How so?" you may ask. Well, in one scene, a card game named "Bulls--t" is played, in which you yell the titular phrase whenever an opponent isn't telling the full, honest truth about something. Naturally, that leads to the term being used 20+ times, mostly in that one scene. The thing that makes me so mad at the MPAA is that they let a movie use that particular word however many times they want and still just get a squeaky-clean PG-13 rating, but if that same movie uses the word "f--k" (a word pretty much on the same par with "s--t") more than 1 or 2 times, it automatically gets an R rating, no questions asked. I guarantee you, if that same card game was named "Bullf--k" or "Bullf--ker", this movie would have a MUCH stronger rating than PG-13. Anyway, besides that, there's some sexual content in this movie as well (as in some crude references and a couple scenes that my mom almost had to fast-forward through because they came really close to crossing into R-rated territory), so keep an eye out for that. All in all, this movie isn't really worth seeing, except if you're trying to find flaws in the obviously brain-dead MPAA (who literally only rated this film PG-13 for "some sex-related material"). My MPAA rating: PG-13 for pervasive crude language and sexual content.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylpuppylove0864 July 2, 2018
I actually really liked this movie! It’s a nice sappy romcom to watch, and while there were a few kind of graphic scenes, I don’t think it’s anything that a mature thirteen year old wouldn’t be able to handle. As for the use of the word bulls**t I don’t think that it was a big deal, since the words were only being used in a card game that was just for fun.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRaveRu March 21, 2018

Really Funny

This is a really funny romcom with a predictable twist at the end. It's really good for mature audiences, but a lot of sex that kids under 8 might not understand.