Kid reviews for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Family-friendly threequel has peril, bloodless battles.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTyrannapus January 11, 2019

The perfect trilogy, with near perfect spinoffs?!

Won't say much, but this movie WAS amazing, and would be more amazing if they didn't have to make sure it was at least 90% child friendly. Quite a bit of violence, I mean, not really, just amazingly epic action scenes. Maybe other stuff... but really little kids won't understand so all good. JUST watch the movie.

Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2020

Beautiful film with moderate violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysofidomi06 January 22, 2020

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World -- PLEASE READ!!--

My family was SO excited and went crazy when we heard that the 3rd movie was coming out soon. We watched the trailers many times and talked a lot about going to see it ASAP. So as you can see, we are huge fans of this movie series and definitely recommend watching the Netflix show (8 seasons) Race to the Edge too.

Content:

Messages: This movie had many amazing messages about sacrificial love, courting, selflessness, and doing what's right for others around you.

Role Models: Both Hiccup and Astrid along with many other main characters are selfless, creative, brave and strong. Some characters insult others, but it has more of a comedic approach.

Violence: This 3rd movie had a good deal of violence, which is mostly the reason I rated this movie 8+. I guess it really depends on what your child is usually exposed to. There are a couple jump scares and opposing dragons (or ones that are being drugged to be mean) can be scary for younger viewers.

Sex: This movie portrays love in a very clean way. It encourages getting to know your "person" before you start dating them. There are a couple kisses as well as Toothless falling for another dragon. (Those scenes are hysterical.)

Language: Some joking insults; the worst it gets is "bloody hobgoblins!"

Drinking: As vikings, it can be assumed that they drink and stuff, but it's not explicitly implied.

My family absolutely fell in love with this movie. In my opinion, and like many other reviewers stated, this is the best conclusion that could've happened. We loved this movie, have seen it twice, and will definitely watch it again. Sad to see this awesome series end! (p.s. Bring tissues!!)

Teen, 13 years old Written byLunaRS27 January 11, 2020

Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2020

Highly recommended

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is a perfect end to the series (I was so sad the series had ended I cried XD).
It is one of the best films I have ever seen, and I highly recommend it to both boys and girls at the age of about 6+ because some parts might be a bit scary for the younger children.
Although I really enjoyed watching it, I’ve got a small thing for parent: there is only a bit of violence in it, and it’s a PG but I’m sure your kids will enjoy it if they enjoyed the first and the second movie. To end this review, I’d like to say there are great role models.

That’s all I’d like to comment on

Hope you enjoy the movie ☺️

Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2020

Highly recommended

That’s all I’d like to comment on

Hope you enjoy the movie ☺️

Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2019

BAD

Too predictable.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTommyReviews November 13, 2019

One of the best animated movies ive ever seen

The movie is a great movie, I think its the best one out of the how to train your dragon series. Any child would love this.

Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2019

Funny

Its a over all good movie i use to not like the how to train your dragon but this changed my mind it has a kissing sean but who cares and theres dragons that will make your kid will love it.

Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2019
it is amazing

Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2019

A nice ending to the series

This movie is a good ending to the How to Train your Dragon series. I like how it shows Hiccup as an adult with his children and how he sees Toothless with his children.
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2019

Never again

The others were good, but this was just pure trash. Really sad -W-.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChris_Feher August 24, 2019

Heartfelt and Entertaining

This movie is great for the whole family. It is heartwarming, funny and has enough action with a good plot, so that even older viewers will appreciate it. Overall i would recommend it to everyone. However, if you have kids ages 6 and under who aren't used to action packed scenes with mild violence, this movie probably isn't a good fit for them.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySky142 August 4, 2019

good

ive always been a huge httyd fan, from the books to all the series and this film was gorgeous in the graphics, certain scenes were beautiful and overall it was magical. BUT it wasnt as well done as the other two and for me the whole ending ! didnt make much sense. it felt a bit rushed and the villain wasnt as great and mind playing as theyd made him seem. still an amazing film!

spoiler: ! i felt that the whole"toothless doesnr visit and forgets hiccup for 10 years" was very out of character for him

Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2019

Heartwarming but sad

I really like How To Train Your Dragon so I was excited when they made a third. There are great messages but very scary or sad parts. At the end of the movie two people have a wedding and have kids. Also two dragons mate and have cubs. It does not show giving birth in any way, just shows the kids and cubs with their parents. It made me uncomfortable when this guy used needles to inject a liquid into a dragon so it would be easier to control. He was injecting their OWN venom into the dragons. For me the ending is sad and I cried when I watched this movie. Their is some insulting but no swearing. They do drink bear in the movie. Overall pretty good movie but not good for young or sensitive kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRy Rose July 22, 2019

Ummm...

The ending is sad, but the part that most bothered me was when the villain's dragons have harnesses with hypodermic needles in them. These needles are supposed to inject a substance that makes the dragons easier to control... but I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would be!! Of course that's not all that bothers me about this movie but that was the worst part.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTimTimRatesThings July 18, 2019

Wow

I didn’t think it was possible for a splendid movie to has 2 sequels this great, Overall a great trilogy.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviesneeker July 16, 2019

my favorite movie

this movie is defenitly kid friendly but some intense battles and a bit scary for younger viewers but defently a movie to remember! but the movie shows teamwork and a hart warming story!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAVkid July 11, 2019

What you need to know about How to Train Your Dragon

How to Train Your Dragon I thought was really good, so don’t not go to see the movie because of the 3 star rating the movie got. There was a lot of violent dragon battle but no blood and the good dragons always won the battle unlike the other how to train your dragons, but another good thing about this movie that I like is there is no swearing, just a few little rude remarks. For kissing wise there is a little kissing and at the end the two of the main characters do get married and have kids, but it does not show them having kids at all. But bring some tissues I warn you, this movie is pretty sad at certain parts, but there is more happy parts than sad ones. But over all if your kid has seen the other how to train your dragon movies than you are good to go on this one

Teen, 13 years old Written byMarvelLover123 June 18, 2019

This is an AMAZING movie!

This is a family friendly movie with lots of messages, some people say it's kind of bad cause it has flirting in it but really there is only just a little and the only other thing is that it refers to marriage and if your kids understand how marriage works then it's fine for them trust me. My 8 year old brother and me saw it with my dad and it's an AWESOME movie with a happy movie! It dose have violence but there is no blood whatsoever, but like I said most kids can probobly handle a little fighting. Enjoy the movie!