Kid reviews for How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Family-friendly threequel has peril, bloodless battles.

Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2019

Series finale brings action and emotion in fantastic movie.

In this threequel to the popular movie, Hiccup must face Grimmel as he tries to kill the last night fury, Toothless, and he must face the truth, the key to saving all dragons. In this great movie, there is a bit of violence but not much and there is a kiss. Hiccup is a great role model, he is brave and kind. The positive messages are teamwork, perseverance, friendship and letting go for the better of others. Overall, this is a fun, clever movie that every family should see.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDenivol February 12, 2019

Fantasy/Mystery/Family

A beautiful epic. This sequel radiantly outshines the storylines and graphics of the second, and even the first. You must see it before it goes out of cinemas (As of Feb 12.2019 ).

Teen, 14 years old Written byTyrannapus January 11, 2019

The perfect trilogy, with near perfect spinoffs?!

Won't say much, but this movie WAS amazing, and would be more amazing if they didn't have to make sure it was at least 90% child friendly. Quite a bit of violence, I mean, not really, just amazingly epic action scenes. Maybe other stuff... but really little kids won't understand so all good. JUST watch the movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written bytahah1h March 22, 2019

dadasdsadasdasd

adadadasdhushfosadvousdvosdubvsduobvsdvsdvs
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2019

Favorite Dreamworks Series

Just went to see this yesterday at the theater... This, was by far, the best out of all 3 movies. I have almost never cried before in a movie (I believe I have only cried in Marley and Me and Titanic) but I bawled like no tomorrow over the ending of this. The entire thing was VERY emotional - I was crying one minute and laughing the next. By the time we walked out, my face was tear-stained and my mouth ached like crazy because of all the smiles and laughs (I loved the scene where Toothless was trying to impress the Light Fury girlie with all those silly dances. Everyone at the theater laughed their heads off!) A MUST see. No language (aside from a few childish insults and use of the word "butt". A couple "oh my gods" [yes, they do add the "s" at the end, I guess they believed in all sorts of gods in viking days?]) and nothing inappropriate for youngsters (Hiccup does kiss Astrid's cheek while they were still boyfriend\girlfriend and shared a kiss at their wedding at the end). And while there isn't and graphic scenes or anything even close to blood, there's definitely quite a few dragon vs human\dragon or human vs human fights, and they get quite violent. Nothing kiddies from 7-8 shouldn't be able to handle. It's pretty rare when you really look forward to a movie and then when you go see it, it actually turns out to be as amazing as you thought it would be, right? Well, this movie did NOT disappoint (I don't advise watching the trailer, though, just a "by the way" - it has too many spoilers. It also doesn't do justice for the awesomeness of this show!) and turned out actually even BETTER than I thought it would be. But yeah - Very emotional and such a sweet little movie, and was absolutely spectacular. 1,000% the real deal! (Loved the beautiful animation, too!)

Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2019

Great!

Teen, 13 years old Written byThetubeboy March 20, 2019

The best movie I’ve seen in a long, long time

This is one of the best movie series I’ve ever seen in my entire life!!!! Dreamswork has to make more movies in the how to train your dragon line.

Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2019
Teen, 16 years old Written byMunchkins957 March 11, 2019

Michael Ordona, you have problems.

Emotionally Captivating and outstanding effects, this movie should be seen by everyone, the final chapter of a spectacular trilogy that comes to a thrilling conclusion.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTherealdirtydan March 3, 2019

Disappointing

I loved the first 2 movies but the 3rd has numerous issues. The plot takes forever to get moving. The characters are almost all bland and unfunny. I could ramble on but I'll just leave it at that. All that being said it is a sweet send off to a otherwose great franchise.
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2019

Dragon Marriage

Extremely funny, worth a watch. A heartwarming dragon romance-comedy. The black dragon, Toothless was my favourite character because he was very cute and funny!

Teen, 16 years old Written byJack321 April 3, 2019

A great end to a great film trilogy

I think it’s the best how to train your dragon film ever it’s so good and big spoiler warning ⚠️ but the ending was fantastic it was a bit upsetting but when hiccup sore toothless again it was the best in my opinion good for all ages but maybe some action but Notting to worry about 10/10 MPAA PG BBFC PG

Teen, 13 years old Written byPineapple King March 31, 2019

A must see for fans of the franchise

This was an excellent addition to the story. But being the third movie in the franchise, I would recommend that anyone who hasn't seen the other two movies should watch those before this. I saw this with my family a couple weeks ago, and it was amazing. Pretty emotional, too.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNBD-emefic March 25, 2019

Perfect for all ages!

Amazing movie, aswell as an amazing end to an awesome series! If your child likes the movies I suggest the books as well, they follow off a different story line, but some what the same characters. I love the book series aswell as the movie and tv series

Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolpool785 March 21, 2019

Great film to (potentially) finish a great film series.

This is a great film. A good way to finish arguably the best animated film series. It has the same great characters, same great action, and same great animation. I won't spoil anything of it. You must just watch it yourself. People talk of flirting and who they find attractive. Some peril.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytruthexposer1306 March 11, 2019

The Best How To Train Your Dragon Movie Ever! Just Watched It In Theater Last Night! I LOVE IT!

This Was So Mindblowingly Awesome! Teamwork Makes the Dream Work Again In This Action-Packed , Amazing Movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byGIGI2.0 March 5, 2019

Awesome

This movie was a great end to the trilogy! There is some fighting and at one pint a character almost falls to his/her death (but is saved). There is some flirting. Two characters get married. The dragons perform a mating ritual. One character reffers to herself as "hot" and says "all the boys love me." There is some rude hummer but nothing that wasn't in the other movies. There is some sad flashbacks of Hiccup and his dad (who died in the last movie). Overall, it was great and it all depends on what the parents want there kids to see.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 March 4, 2019

The best one in the series, no bones about it. And I don't understand CSM star rating.

RTC

Teen, 16 years old Written byJoshuahsBricks March 4, 2019

An Emotional Conclusion to a Fantastic Trilogy

I walked into this this movie nervous. I was not disappointed. This was a fantastic ending to a story I've been watching since 2010. The animation was beautiful, best 3D animation I've seen in a while. The message is great for young viewers, and the story is heart wrenching for long-time viewers. This movie is a must watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGlory202716 March 3, 2019

Very amazing story!!!

It is sad at some parts but it is a very fun and good movie for people who like adventurous movies.