Kid reviews for Howl's Moving Castle

Charming Miyazaki fairy tale with surreal villains.

Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2011

howls moving castle

i think that this movie is very good and i love to watch this!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKryten40000 November 19, 2012

Animi at it's Best

A great movie. For kids 6 and Up. It talks about basic moral issues such as Accepting who you are. It is hardly Scary, yet some toddlers may be frightened by the Witches' "Blob Men". Never the less the movie is a great thing to watch.

Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2010

Good or bad?

Its a really nice movie! i saw it on cartoon network myself! He has a really good plot. Come see it now!

Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2017

great movie

it's really good, i've seen all of the movies by this director, and I love them all.You should watch it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette November 26, 2011

To people with little kids:

There are some disturbing scenes. Howl in beast form is scary! The blob-men are scary! To me, the little dancing star peeps are creepy! The witch climbing up the stairs gives my 18 year old sister nightmares! don't get me wrong! this movie is AWESOME

Teen, 17 years old Written byAmy11111 August 27, 2015

Breathtaking.

I'm speechless. This film is truly touching the whole way through, clips you on at the start & then slowly draw's you in. I Couldn't take my eyes off of it. This is the first time I have seen it & it truly touches me. All so wonderful actors, I truly recommend that everyone watches it! It's got comedy,romance,sometimes scary. But truly touching & a wonderful to watch love it!

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

One of the best animations out there.

It is one of my favorite movies by Miyazaki and I really enjoy watching it with friends and family. Very touching story and it reminds me of the Chronicles of Christomanci. It's a really great film. :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byExoves March 5, 2010

An all-round masterpiece

Fantastic. Masterpiece. Some of the best stuff there is. It is nothing like the book. I reccomend it for everyone, well maybe not a one year old. But you get the picture. The role models are terrific,*laughs* (thinks of Howl). Must see. Oh, Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. I'd say everyone should see it sometime in their lives, but thats just me.

Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2018

Enjoyed!

I watched it with my brother and parents, and they agree that it was a great movie. It was a creative story line and the visuals are stunning. This is not just a movie; it is art. This studio has also produced other great masterpieces such as 'My Neighbor Totoro.' It has strong anti-war messages and is a great family movie.

Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2014

Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2014

GOOD!

This was a great film.Also a love story. Some violence.Hayao did it again.

Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2012

teen,15 year old

its cool but too much violence

Teen, 13 years old Written byHelpinghand8756 August 23, 2017

Visual masterpiece too scary for under 8, but great watch for older kids, tweens, teens.

If I was a typical eight-year old watching this (when I was eight I was very open to very scary stuff) I would be somewhat scared and frightened. But anyone over eight needs to watch this movie, I watch it twice monthly, more than any other studio Ghibli movie I have ever seen. Great watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written byItalyJapan9 June 17, 2017

Howl

Howls moving castle is an anime classic. It is based off a book. It can be a bit of an acquired taste but, I have been watching it forever. This is a fantastic film. Probably better for older children but, defiantly a must watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylerivaille June 16, 2017
"Howl's Moving Castle" is one of my favorite movies from Miyazaki! In my opinion, it's the perfect blend of action, fantasy and romance. However, it may not be the best movie to show to younger kids who may be scared of some of the violence (as it takes place during a war, there are a lot of bombs and loud, sudden noises) or scary imagery, like the blob men. Regardless, I think it's a movie everyone should see, whether they're a fan of anime/Ghibli or not.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish September 5, 2015

Good

Good movie, some scary scenes, injury detail, 9+.

Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ September 1, 2015
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2014

Really Good Movie

My second Ghibli movie. It was really good. I recommend watching it as a family, though. The only reason is because of some really scary scenes and some romance (and kissing!) between the two main characters, Howl and Sophie. If you are looking for magic, action, and fun, this is the movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpenceReviews July 17, 2014

Incredible Miyazaki Film

Howl's Moving Castle is an amazing movie. The voice actors are great, the dialogue is well written, and the visuals are breathtaking. The movie does have some scary scenes, usually because of the Witch of the Waste's henchmen. The story is enjoyable and well made. Overall Howl's Moving Castle is a fantastic movie for all ages.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylaurensb September 2, 2013

One of Ghibli's Best

This is a great movie for almost all ages. Some scary things, but nothing that would give your kids nightmares. Sophie and Howl are good role models. The animation is amazing! Studio Ghibli never disappoints. Beautiful animation combined with the music of Joe Hisaishi is a lovely combination. It makes you think of a simpler time and the whole thing is just magical.