All teen and kid member reviews for Howl's Moving Castle

Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2011

howls moving castle

i think that this movie is very good and i love to watch this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKryten40000 November 19, 2012

Animi at it's Best

A great movie. For kids 6 and Up. It talks about basic moral issues such as Accepting who you are. It is hardly Scary, yet some toddlers may be frightened by the Witches' "Blob Men". Never the less the movie is a great thing to watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written by99IsMyLuckyNumber December 29, 2011

NO. JUST NO.

GEEZ THE WAY HOWL WAS COVERED IN GREEN SLIME, AND THEN THE OLD LADY AND HOWL? NO NO NO NO, I CANT HELP BUT BE GROSSED OUT AND SERIOUSLY. EVERYTHING WAS UGLY SO MANY EVIL PEOPLE AND SJUST NOOOO......EWWW AND ALL THE KISSING AND THEY ALL HAD WHISKEY O_O
Teen, 15 years old Written byExoves March 5, 2010

An all-round masterpiece

Fantastic. Masterpiece. Some of the best stuff there is. It is nothing like the book. I reccomend it for everyone, well maybe not a one year old. But you get the picture. The role models are terrific,*laughs* (thinks of Howl). Must see. Oh, Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. I'd say everyone should see it sometime in their lives, but thats just me.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2014
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

One of the best animations out there.

It is one of my favorite movies by Miyazaki and I really enjoy watching it with friends and family. Very touching story and it reminds me of the Chronicles of Christomanci. It's a really great film. :)
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2012

teen,15 year old

its cool but too much violence
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette November 26, 2011

To people with little kids:

There are some disturbing scenes. Howl in beast form is scary! The blob-men are scary! To me, the little dancing star peeps are creepy! The witch climbing up the stairs gives my 18 year old sister nightmares! don't get me wrong! this movie is AWESOME
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2010

Good or bad?

Its a really nice movie! i saw it on cartoon network myself! He has a really good plot. Come see it now!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish September 5, 2015

Good

Good movie, some scary scenes, injury detail, 9+.
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ September 1, 2015
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmy11111 August 27, 2015

Breathtaking.

I'm speechless. This film is truly touching the whole way through, clips you on at the start & then slowly draw's you in. I Couldn't take my eyes off of it. This is the first time I have seen it & it truly touches me. All so wonderful actors, I truly recommend that everyone watches it! It's got comedy,romance,sometimes scary. But truly touching & a wonderful to watch love it!
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2014

Really Good Movie

My second Ghibli movie. It was really good. I recommend watching it as a family, though. The only reason is because of some really scary scenes and some romance (and kissing!) between the two main characters, Howl and Sophie. If you are looking for magic, action, and fun, this is the movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpenceReviews July 17, 2014

Incredible Miyazaki Film

Howl's Moving Castle is an amazing movie. The voice actors are great, the dialogue is well written, and the visuals are breathtaking. The movie does have some scary scenes, usually because of the Witch of the Waste's henchmen. The story is enjoyable and well made. Overall Howl's Moving Castle is a fantastic movie for all ages.
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2014

GOOD!

This was a great film.Also a love story. Some violence.Hayao did it again.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylaurensb September 2, 2013

One of Ghibli's Best

This is a great movie for almost all ages. Some scary things, but nothing that would give your kids nightmares. Sophie and Howl are good role models. The animation is amazing! Studio Ghibli never disappoints. Beautiful animation combined with the music of Joe Hisaishi is a lovely combination. It makes you think of a simpler time and the whole thing is just magical.
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2013

Howl's Moving Castle Has Everything That Makes an Fabulous Movie!!!!

This is The 4th Miyazaki Movie I Have Seen (Out of 9) and There is a Bit if Scariness, But Miyazaki always Puts a Little Creepiness In All of His movies. Nothing That an 8 Year Old Can't Handle. But This Movie is One of Best Movies I Have Ever Seen!!!! It Has Breathtaking Animation and An Outstanding Plot. It Really Shows What Miyazaki Can Do. This Movie HAS To Be On The Top 50 Best Movies Ever Made.
Kid, 8 years old January 12, 2013

Howls Moving Castle Review

I love this movie!
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2013

My 2nd Favorite Myazaki movie.

This is my 2nd favorite Myazaki movie. 1 is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. There's some violence, and some scary scenes. There's also good role models. I say 7 and up because older kids will appriciate it more.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaff November 19, 2012

Good

Great for kids who love fantasy