Parent and Kid Reviews on

Hustle Movie Poster
Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:

Preview it before kids see it

I recommend previewing it if you are considering letting someone younger than 15 see this movie. Our 12-yr-olds have been begging to see it, so I previewed it hoping I could maybe sensor the “bad” parts and let them see the rest, but the difficult language is so pervasive we are going to have to wait until they’re older (and I would still have to mute several scenes). …….. It’s not just the swearing (I’m not under any illusion that they haven’t heard that language at school and on YouTube), it’s the way things are said. E.g., one player tries to get in the main character’s head by saying he (main character) slept with his own mother and that his daughter is a product of that s*xual relationship. In another similar scenario, someone calls the main character’s mother a “wh*re” and then follows it up with a comment about her not even being a wh*re “because wh*res get paid.” ……… The p*rn references are in multiple scenes and more than brief mentions (e.g., included in a discussion about someone ordering it on a hotel TV and that being wasteful because “it’s free on the internet”). …….. I wish there were a cleaner version of the movie, because aside from all the stuff that earned it the R rating, the story is good and even inspiring in parts.

3 people found this helpful.

Kind role models. Work for your dreams

We liked the positive bond between Bo and Sugarman. The perseverance to work for their dreams. Bo is depicted as a great father to Lucia and Steve is too to his daughter. The best part or potential of social media is portrayed by being used as a tool to bring awareness to Bo’s career Friendship is dearly shown. Both characters have faced the consequences of their actions (assault and drunk driving) and they talk about what they have learnt about.

1 person found this helpful.

Awesome

Amazing! it has such good messages and has NO SWEARING WHATSOEVER!

Extreme amount of language, but overall great basketball comedy movie!

Really great movie with positive messages and role models. Still there is just so much language to add to it. I would 100% recommend it but keep in mind extreme swearing.

Great Movie!

Great movie, with a great message. Language is very strong throughout the movie. But we looked past that. The worst part is the mention of p**n two or three times.