Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for I Am Wrath

Predictable, derivative revenge thriller is very violent.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byAndy P. December 23, 2016

No, the bad guys aren't POC. The movie isn't that realistic.

The main review says, "Villains are portrayed stereotypically, as menacing people of color with big guns, tattoos, and seedy hangouts." Really? That's not the PC Hollywood I've been looking at lo these many years. Actually they're mostly white, and the head crook is at one point identified as Eastern European, iirc, though he does come off as some sort of Hispanic. And the chief villain is the Governor, who is very white and, again iirc, of Irish extraction. The first murderer killed is black, as is one of the crooked cops, but the most unrealistic aspect of the villains is not their ethnic diversity but their tendency to yak to no obvious purpose when they could have ended the movie by shooting Travolta. Travolta tries suicide-by-cop, forgetting that he's wearing a bullet-proof vest, and he cries in church, but these episodes are entirely disconnected from the plot, and add nothing to the nonexistent character development. And, seriously, is that all the security someone would have AFTER HE'S JUST SHOT AND KILLED THE GOVERNOR OF OHIO? And in what alternate universe could such an assassin conceivably be tried in FISA court with no lawyer? Then there's the "pipeline-bad" Hollywood ecopolitics... The main thing families should know about this is that it's drek.
Adult Written byPern330 November 28, 2018