All parent member reviews for I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Adult Written bywijopa April 9, 2008

Offensive Gay Pandering

Took my wife and 13 y.o. daughter to see this movie. Two complaints. First, the sex scenes, such as Adam Sandler's breast fondling and the babes in the bedroom, are not appropriate for a 13 y.o. I got no problem with that in an R rated movie, but not PG-13. I would never have taken my daughter to see this movie had I known. Second, the moralizing about gay tolerance at the end was pure pandering to get the rating changed from R to PG-13. Guess you can have all the "faggot" jokes and gay stereotypes you want as long as you redeem yourself in the end. Too transparent. I think many gays will be offended by that.
Adult Written byana.miles April 9, 2008

I never knew Adam Sandler was a misogynist

I took my 13 year old daughter and her friend to this movie, having no idea how poorly women were represented. Every woman in the movie is a protrayed as sex slaves, unable to control themselves around Adam Sandler, even the 60 year old Russian babysitter, his doctor, and eventually his attorney. I was particularly disturbed by the way the professional women were depicted. It's great to see women role models such as Doctors and Attorneys, but in the end they were just as slutty as all the other women in the movie. I was disappointed that your website made no mention of the treatment of women in this movie. Instead, it focused soley on the treatment of homosexuals and obese people. It appears that the woman's perspective is lacking in your reviews.
Adult Written byJJT May 28, 2009

It would be okay or at least 11 year-olds

Thi movie seems to be okay.Besides the part when the people were protesting the gay guys put one guy paid the price.Jessica Beil is pretty good looking
Adult Written bypdxparent April 9, 2008

Unwatchable except for Biel

I think this movie is entirely inappropriate for all ages. While ostensibly having a positive social message (tolerance for homosexuals), it glorifies all manner of dysfunctional hetero and homosexual behavior while essentially saying that the means justify the ends. Plus it is not funny.
Adult Written bylindatphxaz April 9, 2008

Adults ONLY!!

DEFINITELY not a movie for children. ADULT movie.
Adult Written byvclarc April 9, 2008

Adult Written bygitters April 9, 2008

holly cow, man did I laugh

Chuck and Larry is about two firemen who pose as a homosexual couple, to gain benefits so their kids could be taken care of if something happens to them. Much of the humor is what you would expect, from what subject of the movie. I feel the PG-13 rating is right on.
Adult Written bydmom April 9, 2008

Disgusting garbage

This is one of the most offensive pieces of garbage I have ever had the unfortunate bad luck to encounter. Sandler treats women as if they are sub-human, only good for sex. If you are over weight you are disgusting and have no worth. If you are homosexual, you should be ridiculed and shunned, no value to society. Whoever wrote this should be ejected from the planet. There is nothing worthwhile what so ever in this pathetic excuse for a movie.
Adult Written byChris LP April 9, 2008

Adult Written byreno01803 April 9, 2008

Typical Sandler

Ok how many "screaming idiot loser who gets the girl in the end and no matter what you do wrong in life it's ok in the end because you were sorry and we'll let you off the hook" Adam Sandler movies can we really have in this lifetime? ALL HIS MOVIES ARE THE SAME. All of them, with slight variations in each one. There's a reason why people identify with "Happy Madison," the names of his movies are just about the only thing that set them all apart. The REAL message of this movie is lie, cheat, and steal, and in the end as long as you're sorry, then it doesn't really matter what you tried to get away with, whom you tried to rip off, etc. Typical Adam Sandler storyline, textbook Hollywood-isms. Two enthusiastic thumbs DOWN -not a good moral to teach kids.
Adult Written bymdog April 9, 2008

Good Movie

Very funny and had a good message at the end. MAny reveiwer got wrapped up in the sex jokes. but didn't get the real message of gay tolerance. Chuck has a son who at the beginning of the story he believes to be gay but towards the end he begins to show tolerance towards him. Adam Sandler who is very intolerant at the beginning of the story and says word like fag a lot begins to realize that it is mean and wrong to say such things to people and he becomes more tolerant at the end.
Adult Written bysdkjflls123 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byNelson April 9, 2008

Such a disappointment

This movie was so 8th grade locker humor that it was offensive. How anyone could think making crude jokes about every race and sexual preference would be acceptable. Why subject anyone to such intolerance?
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Scond best movie of the summer

Adult Written byjeffsonya April 9, 2008

This movie was not needed

My title says it all. it was dumb and not needed
Adult Written byKatyfitz April 9, 2008

Just like any other Adam Sandler movie...Hillarious!

I loved this movie, non stop laughing! It is not for younger kids or teens but for people who have a sense of humor I totally recomend it.
Adult Written byniecce April 9, 2008

very judgemental

I love Adam Sandler movies, unfortunately, this one was my least favorite. The language for a pg 13 movie was way over the top the sexual innuendos was way over the top . This movie had a good message to it. Not to be judgemental towards gays and lesbians.
Adult Written byebraley April 9, 2008

Top 3 Sandler Movie

Must see comedy for anyone that like any Adam Sandler/ Happy Madison Movie!!!!
Adult Written bycatarata24 April 9, 2008

So stupid

The amount of sexual content made me very uncomfortable. There was some male nudity, which was strange, but not really sexual. There were several half naked women wearing skimpy lingerie. While this wouldn't normally be a big deal, they really lingered for an uncomfortable amount of time. As a woman, I don't want to stare at another woman's body. As a wife, I certainly don't feel comfortable with my husband staring either. There wasn't much else going on during those parts, it just really focused on their bodies. I certainly wouldn't let my son watch it even if he were 13.