All teen and kid member reviews for I, Robot

Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2010

good for tweens and up.

LOVED this movie! lots of action. and the semi creepiness of this movie was cool. my only concern was the small amount of language in this movie, but other than that it was AWESOME!
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2009

Amazing Action Pic but has Swearing Throughout.

This movie with will smith is a winner! This movie has great special effects, acting and amazing storytelling. The worst issue is swearing but I Tell you, Will Smith swears GOOD! The violence is very stylized and has a lot of kicking, punching and fighting. There are some gun fights but there is no blood. probably the most bloody seene is when they show the creator of the robots dead in the middle of a building ( an apperant sucide). This movie I would say for eleven year olds and older, no less. Great FILM!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykellipetrelli November 11, 2010

Good for tweens

I liked how the characters bonded and worked together and how the movie played out. It is an interesting concept, seeing that is slowly turning into this. Robots are replacing most simple machines and this may just be what the world comes to. Ralistic Idea if you really think about it.
Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2017

Awesome battles between humans and robots

Starring Will Smith as a detective with Bridget Moynahan, Alan Tudyk, and Shia LaBeouf this film is based on a short story by Isaac Asimov. It is a dystopian thriller where robots are programmed to never kill or hurt a human being and do whatever a human says. But what if a robot didn’t obey the rules? What would happen then...? I loved the action, Will Smith and battles between humans and robots. Will Smith did the best “oh hell no” just like from the Sharknado movie. I would give this film 5/5 stars. This movie was awesome because of the stunts and robots! There is lots of gun violence. There is some blood. The robots are shot, dismembered and more…The robots also look like humans and some of them get shot and killed so it might be upsetting for younger viewers. I would say 13+ for this film.
Kid, 9 years old July 17, 2016

This really makes you think about the future, but it is also very awesome and entertaining

1 unclearly heard f--k, 4 uses of a--hole, 3 uses of Damn, 2 uses of Goddamn, 18 uses of Hell, 6 uses of ass, LaBeouf`s character says mother damn and metal-d--k too. The robots might scare younger kids at the end because at the end the robots` middle are glowing red and they turn against the humans. Cool movie, and the message is that this could actually happen in the future if they go farther into making robots like this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 25, 2014

Great Characters But Not For Young Ones

I Robot is an awesome movie for tweens to teens. It is barely violent and not much blood, most of the violence is involving robots and there is only a few scenes where Will Smith's character bleeds. Their is a lot of cursing, but kids 12 and up should be able to handle it. The only other problem parents might have is that there is some drinking but it is not that bad and there isn't a huge indication that the drinker isn't still sober. Parents with younger kids should check deeply into this one.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 21, 2013

Who would win? Mankind or corrupted machinery?

Mankind beating corrupted machinery is awesome. I remember when there was a use of the F-bomb when the NS-5s were attacking the city. It was used as an explination. My parents love this movie. My grandfather inspired me to see this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEB10937 January 2, 2017

Well done but edgy

Okay in general I think this is better than star wars
Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2016

Great action movie with some violence and language!

This is a very good movie sure it doesn't have the best special effects but it was 2004 for crying out loud! Lots of intense scenes and gun shooting but most of it is geared towards robots but when the violence is geared toward humans theres some blood. If your worried about blood then theres not much of it just some cuts and bruises and one brief scene shows a dead man with his head in a puddle of blood but the clip only lasts about 3 seconds. One brief shot of a naked man in the shower (naked side shown). Frequent but not constant use of words like hell damn ass piss off bitch and sh*t. One scene takes place in a bar. So overall this is a very good action movie that needs to be seen by your kid at some point even if it doesn't look appropriate but in my opinion this movie is ok for kids 10+!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPate2073 July 20, 2016

One of the best I've seen

I don't think it's good for anyone under the age of 11. It has violence and in one case there is a dead guy with a pool of blood beside him. Otherwise it's a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2015

fun sci-fi movie

I watched I robot when I was 11, and it didn't really bother me in any way: -the swearing was no worse then at school -the violence was mainly between robots, but then again, robots here can think for themselves, -really obvious product placement, which kind of annoyed me but Overall this is a great film
Teen, 13 years old Written byMike Ryan November 25, 2014

Good movie, but some not so good things...

The movie itself is great, I love the Robot animations and everything. First of all there is WAY too much cussing. The good thing is that it's only in a few scenes. Some ganster guy in the street dropped like (5 F bombs in one sentence and said other overrated words with it.) I notices there was a "notch" on the sex rating on this site. There acually is no sex, just a few partial nude scenes. Violence is not really a problem because the the average viewer can tell its not real. There is one image that can be a little scarring to kids (A dead man with a blood puddle around his head.) Pretty good movie, I'd show it to anyone as long as they can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2014

Sci-fi thriller entertains and delights.

Exciting sci-fi adventure staring Will Smith plays out like a murder mystery. It is entertaining and the special effects are great. Sexual content is limited to brief shots of Will Smith's backside while taking a shower. There are some occasional curse words. The violence is destructive and extensive and there an image of the corpse of a man who committed suicide (which can be disturbing). This movie is basically just a warning about the possibility of a technological revolution. I will never be able to talk to Siri the same way again.
Teen, 16 years old Written byA. S. Green February 23, 2014
Kid, 9 years old December 28, 2013

I robot best movie ever

I think this is a nice warm hearted story about robots not being able to be like humans and ones different so they want to terminate the robot and he helps a lot because he can think and act by himself so it has an amazing lesson
Teen, 15 years old Written byminnie95 September 8, 2013

good film but caution tad scary

for older kids (teens)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnozzlywins August 25, 2013

Good movie rated wrongly

Don't no why it is rated R should be pg-13, I watched it at school in year seven! It is a good futuristic movie. Nothing REALLY scary happens in it but sometimes you think things will.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoCubbies June 24, 2013

Great movie for sci-fi fans, 11 and up!

To start off, I, Robot is my favorite movie. It has great messages, as in, people can change from evil to good, don't judge a book by its cover, et cetera. Will Smith is funny, but it's really the robot, Sonny, who is the positive role model. The violence isn't too bad, minor blood, basically just Will Smith shooting evil robots. Swearing was an issue, but were all mild swears, intended for humor. An example would be Will Smith saying, "...achoo...sorry, I'm allergic to bulls**t..." There is lots of consumerism in I, Robot, such as lots of Audis, and Will Smith proudly displaying his Converses. Will Smith and the police chief have a drink, but drinking, drugs, and smoking is not an issue.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 22, 2013

a movie that makes you think

Very good. Interesting and smart.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywanted February 8, 2013