All teen and kid member reviews for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2012

lol funny :) :D ;) XD

i watch it it was funny :) with the high pitch humor and slapstick humor
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2010

well...language

well some swearing also buck said a few nasty things
Teen, 16 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster June 29, 2016

"The name's Buck!" - Buck

(So far) this is by far the best film in the "Ice Age Saga". It's unbelievably funny, and will have you crying from laughter. The story is well-writtten, and is enjoyable for the whole family....execpt for the inudenos and references to certain male body-parts. "The good stuff" is said, as well as "That's it's tail Sid" etc. It will go over kid's heads, but it is the only problem of the film. The rest is non-stop humor, and heart-felt characters interacting with one another
Teen, 13 years old Written byedelman100 January 16, 2016

Great family flick

Ice age has always been an enjoyable family comedy, has mature themes though. Violence: The dinosaurs may frighten little ones, Buck says he lost an eye to the T. rex at one point, there are some points at in which the main characters almost die, but they survive the entire movie. Sex: Some innuendos that may go over younger children's heads, but adults will definitely get the references, Sid mistakes a bull for a female when he tries to milk it, Manny and Ellie are now mates, they are very sweet with each other, Ellie is also expecting a baby, and at the end of the movie, she is heard giving birth to Peaches. Language: Insults are mostly the only language in the entire movie, consisting of barf, poop, stupid,etc. Consumerism: Not applicable, although many product tie-ins with the Ice age franchise. Drinking: not an issue. I love this movie, I always used to watch it when I was a little. I would recommend this movie ages 7 and up.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2015

The best of the Ice Age franchise!

I remember myself seeing this when I was 5. All I did in the movie was laugh and enjoy. I doubt that there is language (unlike the second one), but the dinosaurs may scare small kids. It's a bit frightening in two scenes (when I was 5, I wasn't scared of them). Overall, funny movie, because the humor makes sense and the role models are great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

Don't like.....

Not that much.....In my opinion.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypersonperson May 3, 2013

Some off material, but a good flick

Parents need to know that a lot of the humor in this movie will zoom right past the kids heads. Innuendo is frequent, and some of the insults are a bit raunchy. However, the children will like the cartoony slapstick, the character of Buck, and some of the humor will result in giggles. Some of the action is scary, and there is one perilous scene where a character starts giving birth while raptors surround her, and the primary antagonist is not played for laughs, and may intimidate smaller viewers. Overall, while the story is pale and some laughs are flat, there is a lot kids and teens can enjoy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

2nd best animated film for 2009

this is my 2nd favorite film in the ice age series behind the first ice age and also the funniest chracter in the movie is buck the one -eyed weasel
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. July 20, 2012

Terrible, and just plain annoying.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 21, 2012

Really good!

Better than the second Ice Age, but still not as good as the first.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

Good

Yes, it's better than Furry Vengance, an already OK movie. Is it an instant classic or as good as Phineas and Ferb? No way! I'm going to say it's great, not awesome. It has nice role-models, a surprising amount of messages for this type of film, but a large amount of scary sequences with the bad guy dino, Rudy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 15, 2012

yet another irratating, putrid attempt and making people laugh

this is yet another installment in the dragged-out, bland, unfunny, and tiring CGI animated franhise. dont bother seeing this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 February 6, 2012

Good movie, but too intense for younger viewers

I have the DVD of this movie and it's really good. It has some cartoonish violence and peril that might be intense for the younger viewers, but it's still a good movie and has positive messages about the importance of family, teamwork, and bravery. Violence: Some cartoonish violence (mostly from Scrat as he tries to get his acorn) and peril (mostly when the gang is in the dinosaur world) There are many close calls (Ex. When Sid almost goes down a lava waterfall, or when Diego and Manny are almost eaten by a plant). Some dinosaurs can be frightening to younger kids, especially Rudy. But nobody gets seriously hurt (other than Buck's mentioning of losing of an eye to a dinosaur) and nothing graphic is shown. Sex: Scrat falls in love with a female squirrel and they hug and kiss, as do Manny and Ellie. Ellie gives birth, but it's done offscreen. Some mild sexual innduendo (Ex. Manny: I have a tingling sensation Diego: Don't say that when you're pressed so close to me. Sid: (after Ellie gives birth) It's a boy! Diego: That's it's tail.) Consumerism: Part of the popular Ice Age series, which has many merchandise for sale.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 27, 2012

3-D use is superb, but the jokes are old

MOVIE INFO: It's not perfect, but it's not a disaster either. There's still quite a lot of funny scenes, but it just seems like it's been used over and over again. There are some good use of 3-D though. VIOLENCE: Low-Medium. Some action, chases and fights. No graphical/bloody scenes. LANGUAGE: None. SEX: None.
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2011

Fine movie, great 3D.

The movie itself is OK, but the 3D is amazing!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHuntress4455 May 22, 2011

Best Ice Age Movie Yet!!!

This is the best one yet! The plot is funny and interesting. Some have said that this one is a big letdown, but the jokes Sid makes are hilarious! 5 stars! :)
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Great movie

Does Scrat have a girlfriend in this movie? Anyway, much better than the 2nd ice age! Funny.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011
love it.hilarious. great movie series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

Dawn of the Dinos

This movie gave me some more background about dinosaurs. There is one scary dino in the movie about 1 or 2 scary scenes about it. As always, Sid the sloth brings some fun to the gang.
Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2010

terrible for all ages

the worst movie ever dont waste your time on it.It was just stupid the whole way through.There were barely any funny parts and my mom thought it was the worst movie she had ever seen.