All parent member reviews for Ice Age: The Meltdown

Adult Written byCorrectingIdiots January 7, 2016

Great Family Movie

Unfortunately, There has been people that believe that the movie has profanity in it. First of all, it says "your breath smells like ants". Second of all, please grow up if you feel as though the word "dam" can't be used in your house. It is not a swear word and it is referring to something that happens in the movie. Kids are exposed to a lot worse at school with their friends and the words that parents let slip sometimes. This movie is a brilliant movie and it is great fun.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byRunesong June 23, 2013

For adults who like crude humor - NOT for kids

The language in the first 15 min should be proof enough that this movie was not made for kids. The violence is along the same lines as Roadrunner & Wiley Coyote or the 3 stooges.
Parent Written bymrdaunte July 7, 2011

Watch for the profanity!!!

I was totally blown away by the language. At one point, one of the characters actually says - and emphasizes - the word "d***." Now, the context in the movie is referring to an actual dam that is about to burst, but the tone and usage of the word did not fit the context. Basically, a piece of ice broke off of the dam and the character (a beaver) turns around and emphatically reacts, "D***!" Unacceptable in our home!! Waste of money.
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

quite interesting

i liked it a lot... i like all the ice age movies... a scene where manny hints to ellie something... uh... quite inappropriate... IF they were human characters... but most kids will not catch this, and i skipped the scene when i showed it to my brother, with little interruption to the storyline. great movie, quite funny in parts. my favorite line: "Hey! I can smell the ocean!"
Educator and Parent of a 6 year old Written bytrcruise July 1, 2009
Surprised by the some dialog in the movie. For example, "Your breath smells like ass."
Adult Written bycourtwork January 4, 2014

Cute but Rude

We rented this movie, and I confess that I didn't see the first part. Our family watched it, including our 7 and almost 11 year olds. Overall the kids enjoyed it. I really wanted to like this movie, and I did enjoy some of it - there are lovable characters and creative cute parts, but I found the rude dialogue distracting and distasteful. I wish CSM would add a symbol for rudeness. If possible, I would give this movie 2.5 stars. Without the tasteless humor, I would give the movie 4 stars for entertainment value. Our 7 year old was worried at times about the menacing dinosaurs and the beloved characters being in peril. We all laughed out loud at times, especially during the sequences with the squirrel and the acorn - those are really funny. My 11 year old felt sorry for the squirrel at times, working so hard and never getting that darn acorn. There is also the constant theme of the girl (Queen Latifa's character) who takes pleasure in making the boy (Manny) bend over backwards to win her affection. I can't wait until there's a movie where the boy character says, "you're snotty and high maintenance, I'd rather stay single!" :) Anyway, it's a cute movie, degraded by the rude humor, but not ruined by it in my opinion. I'm glad we saw it, but once is plenty.
Adult Written byxl4 July 20, 2009
The language and social interaction is unacceptable as a G rated movie, the sewer of Hollywood needs to wake up, stop feeding our children trash. Feed your garbage to your own children.
Parent Written byImSpidey2 July 26, 2012

A great sequel.

While it lacks some charm from the first one, it has some great action, new characters and humor. It may be worse than the first one, but it's fun to sit through.
Adult Written byMkmartin05 June 13, 2010

Ehhh it was ok

Some reviews have said that they used the word "a**" in it. He actually said "your breath smells like ants"
Adult Written byDr.Pepper October 15, 2010
I didn't like it as much as the first one, but it was still okay. They said the word "@$$" several times but that was a play on words with a burro. Maybe it's just me, but that seemed a bit over the top for a family movie. Other than that it was okay.
Parent Written byNothingsPerfect March 30, 2016

One Curse word is too many

First of all if you think Dam/Damn isn't a curse word you're not fit to give a good review on here. If a movie has 1 that means your kid will learn 1. They tried to make it cute by saying damn as the beaver was looking at the ice DAM. But still a curse word. Crap is also in this movie and it is also rude and crude and a curse same as S@#t. It does not say a-s-s it says ants. But still damn is not used in our home.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byAidens_Mommy January 25, 2010

Will probably give our copy away

I was surprised by some of the language in this movie. My son is three and I have to watch this with him to skip over the "your breath smells like as* part. That is unnecessary for a kids movie. It's as if Hollywood can't WAIT to ruin our kids. Why can't a childrens movie JUST BE a childrens movie and not have to include jokes for the adults?
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

a good movie but one very ina proprete scene.

this movie isnt to vilont but there is one scene thats inaproprete. It's when Manny suggets to have sex with another girl mamoth to stop there species from going exstincted. ( but in a very mild way that little kids probably wont understand it but older kids will.)
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Cute and a little edgy

It was very entertaining with a few questionable parts which seem to have gone over the heads of the little ones anyway. It definitely kept my 4 year old glued to the screen and repeating some of the lines all week long even after seeing it only once! The Sid worshipping scene was one of the highlights for sure.
Parent of a 6 and 6 year old Written byjagness April 9, 2008
Adult Written byyo9 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFranciJo April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMom OTwo April 9, 2008

Family Film but not for younger children

Some of the humor is definitely written for teens or adults, but younger children can enjoy the comedy and visuals. It is a little grim compared to the original "Ice Age". My six year old enjoyed it - watching with an adult to explain some things, but inappropriate for younger children.
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 9, 2009