All parent member reviews for Ice Age: The Meltdown

Educator and Parent of a 6 year old Written bytrcruise July 1, 2009

Surprised by the some dialog in the movie. For example, "Your breath smells like ass."
Adult Written byxl4 July 20, 2009

The language and social interaction is unacceptable as a G rated movie, the sewer of Hollywood needs to wake up, stop feeding our children trash. Feed your garbage to your own children.
Parent Written bySlipknotFan69 February 22, 2015

da best anime of all time that is a MLG FaZeclan level of swag!!111!!111

this and back at the barnyard are the best animes ever!!111 the main character, sid, plays cod, smokes weed, bombs schools, beats up the police, harrasses women, and is a FaZeclan member which RULEZ!11111 FaZeclan is so hip and trendy so watch this anime or all time Snipars and FaZeclan members will quickscope you in the new pokemon game, call of halo: swagvanced warfare!!111!!111
Adult Written bycourtwork January 4, 2014

Cute but Rude

We rented this movie, and I confess that I didn't see the first part. Our family watched it, including our 7 and almost 11 year olds. Overall the kids enjoyed it. I really wanted to like this movie, and I did enjoy some of it - there are lovable characters and creative cute parts, but I found the rude dialogue distracting and distasteful. I wish CSM would add a symbol for rudeness. If possible, I would give this movie 2.5 stars. Without the tasteless humor, I would give the movie 4 stars for entertainment value. Our 7 year old was worried at times about the menacing dinosaurs and the beloved characters being in peril. We all laughed out loud at times, especially during the sequences with the squirrel and the acorn - those are really funny. My 11 year old felt sorry for the squirrel at times, working so hard and never getting that darn acorn. There is also the constant theme of the girl (Queen Latifa's character) who takes pleasure in making the boy (Manny) bend over backwards to win her affection. I can't wait until there's a movie where the boy character says, "you're snotty and high maintenance, I'd rather stay single!" :) Anyway, it's a cute movie, degraded by the rude humor, but not ruined by it in my opinion. I'm glad we saw it, but once is plenty.
Parent Written bymrdaunte July 7, 2011

Watch for the profanity!!!

I was totally blown away by the language. At one point, one of the characters actually says - and emphasizes - the word "d***." Now, the context in the movie is referring to an actual dam that is about to burst, but the tone and usage of the word did not fit the context. Basically, a piece of ice broke off of the dam and the character (a beaver) turns around and emphatically reacts, "D***!" Unacceptable in our home!! Waste of money.
Adult Written byMkmartin05 June 13, 2010

Ehhh it was ok

Some reviews have said that they used the word "a**" in it. He actually said "your breath smells like ants"
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

quite interesting

i liked it a lot... i like all the ice age movies... a scene where manny hints to ellie something... uh... quite inappropriate... IF they were human characters... but most kids will not catch this, and i skipped the scene when i showed it to my brother, with little interruption to the storyline. great movie, quite funny in parts. my favorite line: "Hey! I can smell the ocean!"
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byRunesong June 23, 2013

For adults who like crude humor - NOT for kids

The language in the first 15 min should be proof enough that this movie was not made for kids. The violence is along the same lines as Roadrunner & Wiley Coyote or the 3 stooges.
Parent Written byImSpidey2 July 26, 2012

A great sequel.

While it lacks some charm from the first one, it has some great action, new characters and humor. It may be worse than the first one, but it's fun to sit through.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper October 15, 2010

I didn't like it as much as the first one, but it was still okay. They said the word "@$$" several times but that was a play on words with a burro. Maybe it's just me, but that seemed a bit over the top for a family movie. Other than that it was okay.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byAidens_Mommy January 25, 2010

Will probably give our copy away

I was surprised by some of the language in this movie. My son is three and I have to watch this with him to skip over the "your breath smells like as* part. That is unnecessary for a kids movie. It's as if Hollywood can't WAIT to ruin our kids. Why can't a childrens movie JUST BE a childrens movie and not have to include jokes for the adults?
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

a good movie but one very ina proprete scene.

this movie isnt to vilont but there is one scene thats inaproprete. It's when Manny suggets to have sex with another girl mamoth to stop there species from going exstincted. ( but in a very mild way that little kids probably wont understand it but older kids will.)
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 9, 2009

Okay

Violence is okay. I knew the swear words when I was five. It's okay
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Parent of a 6 and 6 year old Written byjagness April 9, 2008

Adult Written byyo9 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byFranciJo April 9, 2008

Adult Written byluivelez April 9, 2008

Great Movie. 7 y.o. son has watched it twice.

Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

Good for kids but very predictable!

Ice Age is very predictable but the kids will love it. I don't think there are any bad issues with this movie.
Adult Written bytlscott32 April 9, 2008

How far do the movies have to take cartoons?

I am just horrified on how the movie industry does not give children the chance to be children anymore. This movie had adult content in it as well as inappropriate languge for young children. Some of the words include...damn, pervert, and ass (which was repeated at least five times in less then one minute). Although this movie had these negative things in it, I do think overall it was good. Who could not just love Scrat and hope he finally gets that acorn? I just wish that cartoons would stay innocent at least for our children. This movie is not one for the really little ones, maybe the older children, but I'd say not under age 8.