Kid reviews for Ice Age: The Meltdown

Funny, but contains some crude humor and mild profanity.

Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Language Sucks!!!

This movie is the only ice age movie that is dull, probobly the only ice age movie that is lame and stupid. They use some swears such as "C--p, p--p, a--, s--k air, and b--f". Not even a story, just lame movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 October 1, 2010

Mehh

Ok, I love the first Ice Age movie. It is brilliant and hilarious. But this one just wasn't that funny, and there are COUNTLESS allusions to s*x.

Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009

ok

this movie is ok but it's just as vilont and a little more sexy than the first.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 28, 2011

not worth your time

Sucks... worst Ice Age movie. The first and third movies are awesome, but this movie sucks. Horrible.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Aimed for kids, huh?

Sex, any kind of swearing, covered-up crude words (butt, shut up) are never acceptable. I loved the first Ice Age. Call it the clean CGI movie. The second, however....it seems Blue Sky began to think like the other movie compatnies and try and stick in as much innappropriate material as they could. Blatant innuendo and a couple "donkey jokes." (Which aren't even funny.) What makes them think this improves sells? All I know is I'm not buying any more of Ice Age 2's products now. They just lost a customer. Parents should realize that these movies can be just as dangerous as "adult" movies, since they're teaching kids at a young age that certain things are acceptable. To cap it all, the story itself was not a tenth as good as the first. No cute baby.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrabidpanda May 23, 2013

I don't see what the problem is

It had some bad language. I don't see why c--p is such a bad word to some people, it's not a curse word. Neither is a-s, but I guess maybe they took it a little too far with the burro thing. Manny flirts with Ellie at one point, and talks about saving their species and it gets slightly sexual. The "butt" thing might make little kids laugh, but parents might disapprove. It's a cute film, but most of the humor only tweens and up would enjoy. Ice Age 4 was much worse, though.

Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2009

Melting ice

A little childish but still a great movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCrazySqurell April 9, 2008

Waste of an animator's time

I fully understand the fact that they are just animals, but that does not mean that they have to add inuendo to them. I think that it would be wonderfull if there wern't any sex whatsoever in any movies, but since that won't happen because the world is warped, I won't worry about it. I so think that this movie is suited for a mature child(or teen) who fully understands that all the inuendo and vulgar speech isn't really neccessary to make an excellent movie. Over all, I thought the graphics were wonderfull myself.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2009

bad

this movie sucks and my family thinks it sucks to

Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2009

One word, Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is extremely childish. It is for kids probably 9 and under. THere are crude jokes, and a terrible plot to the movie. The movie is actually quite boring and I would not reccomend it. If you do want to watch it, it will probably only entertain you if you 9 and under. Altogether it was a horrible movie and I wouldn't waste your time. I give Ice Age the Meltdown a d-.
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2010
I really liked this movie! It had some FUNNY swear and you know what jokes! Like when the opposum yelled to many " PERVERT!" i loled so hard! Anyways on the part were manny was flirting with ellie, i really dodn't think the kids would understand that so the only issue is the language but if i ever stop thinking that having kids will ruin your life, then i'd probably let my kids watch! :)

Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2014

Ice Age: The Meltdown

This was a fun filled family movie with miner bad words and humor! Everyone thinks Manny says, "Your breath smells like a**" but he really says, "Your breath smells like ANTS!!!!" Its because of his lisp. Parents have been overreacting. This movie was great but for a few things, Sid should be about as tall as Manny and Digeo should be smaller. Also the landscape should not be all ice at all. Hello, I'm a dinosaur freak I know a lot about this stuff and the landscape should be dry snowy land. Also, some grass.

Teen, 14 years old Written byaagaash2001 March 31, 2016

Boring

I loved the other ice age films but this one was simply a dud. There is no solid plot to be found and it is just weird. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants great comedy.

funny

dont blame the movie for the curse t the words its just the character im 12 i dont care but a lousy 14 year old does oh just get a life Natalie

A hysterical movie with a few questionable points.

I will put it this way- Ice Age: The Meltdown is an extremely funny movie. It has a great plot, awesome characters, and stunning animation. But with all of those pros, it has a few cons. There is a small bit of mild language( a--, crap) and some mild sexual innuendoes about Manny and Ellie now being able to save their species. This movie would have gotten 5 out of 5 stars if it had not been for the questionable content. 8 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Ice Age: pretty good

It's a good movie for all ages, but I was surprised at some of the language. The animation is good and the plot also. Both the first and the Melt Down are worth watching stars: 4 Not for 8 and under
Teen, 13 years old Written byPambaMaster April 9, 2008

What did he just say?

Not a good kid movie!! Movies for little kids shouldn't have characters who kids will want to copy say pervert! Not only that but it was a boring, lifeless disgrace to the first movie!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
NOT AS GOOD AS THE FIRST MOVIE.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2017

This movie was not a good use of my time.

I was deeply annoyed by the 3 new characters- Ellie, Crash, and Eddie. It wasn't really funny, and the main characters are constantly in peril, or on death's door. In the beginning, there's a sequence of a bunch of young kids beating Sid with a stick. I know they're only animals, but I hated this part because A.) Who teaches their kids to hit and beat? and B.) It's a bad influence for kids. There were a lot of things in Ice Age: The Meltdown that weren't necessary to the plot, just thrown in the movie, like : Sid and the mini sloths, and Sid' s summer camp. All of the sequences with Scrat the hybrid squirrel, I found to be stupid and boring. Some parts of those sequences were just plain gross, like Scrat getting his head pecked in by a vulture. There is some language, such as mentions of "crap" and " ass". Overall, I give it a 2 - star rating. I would've given it 1, but I did enjoy seeing Manny, Diego, and Sid interacting again. This movie is not worth your time nor your money.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygcase2002 January 4, 2017

Awesome Sequel! Diego is the BEST!

So this sequel is the best in the ice age franchise. This is is about climate change which teaches kids that when warm temperatures come there is water and it melts the ice. Manny the Mammoth is very sad still that is family was killed by humans his wife and kid. But he meets Ellie which thinks she is an opossum. But Manny does not like her yet until the end. Diego the Saber tooth tiger (my favorite) is trying to conquer his fear of water. Which is hard for a cat. I was shocked when he went in the water to save the Opossums Crash and Eddie and the ground sloth sid. Sid you know is still funny but it can get annoying. Crash and Eddie are Really funny though. I gotta tell you this is a better movie than the original because Manny gets a wife. Jokes were really funny but there is a joke about were they say the A word. The I believe I can fly joke was funny the one where opossums annoy Sid and Diego were funny. The one where Sid was trying to do a daredevil stunt and Manny said Please dont tell me thats our idiot. Really good movie I give 7 years old and up :)