Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Ice Age

Clever, funny, touching; like a great road movie.

Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byReda R. November 2, 2009

definitely for ages 8 and up

After watching snippets of "Ice Age 3" on a flight back to L.A., we thought our girls might like the first "Ice Age," not realizing how much violence there is in the movie. Should've checked Common Sense first! Definite moments of peril, a saber-tooth lion getting stabbed by falling ice, etc. make this a big NO for anyone younger than fourth grade, in my opinion. Too bad, because the squirrel is hilarious!

Parent of a 5, 8, and 10 year old Written byheckyeah September 18, 2010
need to be rated G because when there was giving the baby i was crying like a baby.

Adult Written byDr.Pepper October 15, 2010
This is a great movie. The only problem is that there is some violence/action that may be frightening to young children. It's nothing too bad though.

Parent of a 3, 5, and 6 year old Written byLizzycary May 6, 2011

Funny for adults, but I don't like it for my kids

Manny is horrible to Sid for the entire movie. I don't want my children talking to each other or their classmates this way, so I banned this one. I thought Ice Age 3 did a much better job of showing Manny losing patience with Sid's antics without just treating him like dirt.

Parent of a 4 year old Written bysher415 March 8, 2011

Definitely NOT for 5 & under.

The scene where the mother places her baby on the shore and then disappears (drowning not shown but obvious even to small children) is too much for a four, or even a five year old. Although animal parents are frequently killed off in many movies, seeing a human mother die and leave behind her baby is a different thing altogether. My son--who is not a particularly sensitive child--was extremely upset by this scene. I did not turn the movie off at this point because I knew Disney would reunite the baby with the father and have their traditional uplifting ending and I knew it would be better to watch the reunion than to leave my child to have nightmares of a baby lost in the wild without his mum. Had I to do it over again, I would have given the film a miss, at least for another few years.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bymradventurous February 11, 2015

Put down humor was too much

Do yourself a favor and don't expose your young ones to the constant put downs threaded through this movie. The sloth is picked on constantly which did nothing to teach my kids about respecting other human beings. (I might point out that when this movie takes place, the prehistoric sloth megatherium was larger than an elephant and didn't take heat from anyone, but that's another story).

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bykalin333 January 25, 2010

great movie

Love it but , there are some frightful scenes . so i recommend screening in advance by the individual parent .

Parent of a 2 year old Written byJaydensMommy February 10, 2011

Funny!

My son loves this, and all the other Ice Age movies. I think it sends him a good message about working together.

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bypaulbroadie August 9, 2009
Adult Written bykipwalker44 June 3, 2015

Hilarious, clever animated film is great fun for all ages

Adult Written byRIksworld July 11, 2012

Ice Age 4

Latest Animation movie come to entertain you.In this movie Manny,Diego and Embark ready to new adventure.Now ready for this Adventure to Watch Ice Age 4 online .You can also Download this movie on this site.

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 27, 2009

a great movie that......

this is s great movie that kids and adults will love!
Adult Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFighter_07 May 15, 2015

A so so comedy

Ice Age isn't a memorable or impressive movie, but with that being said there's nothing too raunchy about it. Some light sexual innuendo and bathroom humor is included, and some of the action scenes may be too intense and scary for young children. The movie does have a strong message about working together, but it's not as heartwarming to me as other films in the family genre.
Parent Written byMrs. luna January 28, 2010
We really enjoy this movie, good movie.

Parent of a 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byDJ-n-JS October 24, 2009

Adult Written byPaulacton April 9, 2008

great kids movie

fun movie my kids 5, 9 and 11 can watch over and over. good language and lessons.
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 9, 2009

Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010
good movie! one of my favorites... couple of sly comments....

Adult Written byRarityfan October 3, 2018

Not the baby!

In 2002 this animated movie franchise began. Nice animation detail on the furs and nice backgrounds too. Some sad scenes and violence. You could empty your wallet for the kids with all the 100 DVD versions of the Ice Age movies.